Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Relieved of duty 
Site Admin

Post Relieved of duty
The administrator of United People (Chicodoodoo) has been accused of being a tyrant by some UP members. This is a serious charge, and it is based on the following actions from the administrator:

• NOT censoring posts to some members' satisfaction
  • NOT banning members to some members' satisfaction
  • NOT curtailing member behavior to some members' satisfaction
  • NOT following the orders of individual members at United People, including one known as Strenia, aka Wassupdoc, aka AnonyMouse, aka King Art2, aka Gypsy Woman.

As my final duty as acting administrator, I have placed Chicodoodoo on administrative leave. He will remain an ordinary member until the members of United People can resolve this matter.

Wed May 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Post Re: Relieved of duty
As long as you guys call yourself Chicodoodoo and Zoookiemonster and whatever else BS, you can not be considered credible or truthful or interesting.

It's all theatrics on the way over the cliff as far as I am concerned.

And yes my moniker was inspired ya'll.

Wed May 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi Chicodoodoo,

Unfortunately you can't releive yourself of administrator status as you have the keys to the fort so's to speak.

I for one am not suggesting that you leave the fort open, nor hand the keys to another person (that could be opening another can of worms), but it would be an idea just to reflect as to your role and restrictions as such an administrator.

It isn't an easy thing to do. When I was in the UK I was a manager in a restaurant and, although I had friends within the members of staff with whom I went out socially, I would never tell them about behind the scenes managerial things, like opinions of other managers, how reviews turned out etc.

For me, it was just a case of sitting down and thinking which boundaries you should never cross, even what you can and can't say in 'front of house'. Does that make sense?

Best regards.

The administrator of United People (Chicodoodoo) has been accused of being a tyrant by some UP members. This is a serious charge, and it is based on the following actions from the administrator:

• NOT censoring posts to some members' satisfaction
  • NOT banning members to some members' satisfaction
  • NOT curtailing member behavior to some members' satisfaction
  • NOT following the orders of individual members at United People, including one known as Strenia, aka Wassupdoc, aka AnonyMouse, aka King Art2, aka Gypsy Woman.

As my final duty as acting administrator, I have placed Chicodoodoo on administrative leave. He will remain an ordinary member until the members of United People can resolve this matter.

Wed May 02, 2012 6:48 pm
Site Admin

Grumplebum wrote:
it would be an idea just to reflect as to your role and restrictions as such an administrator.

Believe me, I have been doing that non-stop for months.

My primary role as administrator, as I see it, is to keep the forum up and running. At this point, barring a disaster, the forum will remain up and running without me. Other members at UP are asking me to do much more than my self-assigned role. They are asking me to moderate member behavior, to enforce nebulous rules about alleged private information, and to censor member posts.

As the website and forum founder, I set the forum up so that there is no moderation, no censorship, and no power pyramid. Members are expected to self-moderate and control themselves and their forum through high-consensus democracy.

We have discovered that there are serious flaws in using the existing infra-structure to support this "experiment". Sock puppets are a major problem. Privacy and anonymity undermine accountability and responsibility, which is a major problem. How to deal with members that refuse to self-regulate is a major problem.

I think all of the legitimate members here, if there are any left, need to reflect on how this forum can be restored to accommodate and uphold its original founding principles, if that is possible.

The website is here if anyone needs to review the founding principles.

Wed May 02, 2012 7:39 pm

My understanding is one of the duties the forum administrator would undertake, is to action the results of polls, where there is a consensus.

Whether or not you agree. You have chosen to disrupt this process. You have chosen to disrupt high-consensus democracy.

The result of Canzirka's poll should have been acted upon, at the closing of the poll, by yourself as forum administrator. You refused because it is not your vision of a forum. But the forum is 'us' and if it goes in another direction it is because the 'group' took it there.

That would have been a better experiment...imo.

You have indeed been negligent and stepping down is appropriate.

Yes, we need to reflect..

Thank you.
Lee

Wed May 02, 2012 7:59 pm

I have not looked at the poll but chico this is poetry in motion baby....here we sit on the precipitas of where a functional democracy meets the ugly functional world of reality. I believe in you, this can be overcome....As long as members institute the policy it is democracy, each case can be a separate poll...How do we shape consensus to do the bidding of the forum? shine here man, this is your finest hour and not your waterloo!!

Rise to the occasion...your vote counts as well, but instituting a procedure is a function of consensus? I mean you are the expert, I am not even voting on the poll frankly, I find this issue hard to grasp in its implications.

Wed May 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Lee wrote:

The result of Canzirka's poll should have been acted upon, at the closing of the poll, by yourself as forum administrator. You refused because it is not your vision of a forum. But the forum is 'us' and if it goes in another direction it is because the 'group' took it there.

Are you saying that we should disregard the fact that the one of members had 3+ accounts?

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Wed May 02, 2012 8:12 pm

Yes..

We knew that during the poll. We also knew the poll wasn't to Chico's satisfaction of being unbiased. Seemingly, not to the satisfaction of some others either. However, the 'people' continued to vote and made their voices clear in the consensus. Many have also made there voices clear in continuing to ask for personal information to be removed. They have also been specific on what personal information.

We still need to work out how to deal with sock puppets. We still need to work towards having unbiased polls.

But the personal information should be removed immediately.

By not listening to the 'people' Chico has changed the course of this forum and this experiment.

Lee

Wed May 02, 2012 8:47 pm

I couldn't agree more that Chico has changed the course of this forum, even more than I believe he is aware of at present.

Chico's admitted "experiment" has failed and placing himself on administrative leave was not something members requested or took a poll on but some how for a forum with the members having all the power we have now been told otherwise by these actions, It is plain to see who has the power to stop members from taking actions that may need administrative assistance. I guess these members will have to just suck up this decision. This is Chico's last ditch attempt to save his experiment and put it back on the "his" track on what he thinks a true planar forum could be..............................he's stuck for sure and can't accept or admit it and now has thrown it to the members to come up with an answer for his personal dilemma.

The answer is to honour the Poll Chico and then move forward with solutions from the membership to prevent polls being played with in the future.

Lee wrote:
Yes..

We knew that during the poll. We also knew the poll wasn't to Chico's satisfaction of being unbiased. Seemingly, not to the satisfaction of some others either. However, the 'people' continued to vote and made their voices clear in the consensus. Many have also made there voices clear in continuing to ask for personal information to be removed. They have also been specific on what personal information.

We still need to work out how to deal with sock puppets. We still need to work towards having unbiased polls.

But the personal information should be removed immediately.

By not listening to the 'people' Chico has changed the course of this forum and this experiment.

Lee

Wed May 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi Chicodoodoo,

It saddens me to say that quite a few of the people here, as on any 'truth or conspiracy' forum are not competent enough to self moderate. I think having a moderator in the forum is not a bad idea as long as they go by the forum rules and use those rules as their work basis. At the end of the day, the moderator should only come in to play (as a moderator) when something is amiss. The rest of the time they would be just a normal contributor to the forum.

One could argue the question, "What if the moderator goes bananas?", well that would be only one person to deal with instead of a whole host as it is now.

For good or for bad when Project Avalon was set up, the first thing that was done was a set of moderators put in place. It was only when things like the "Inner Sanctum" and ordinary members having access to priviledged areas of the site that arguments really blew up there. I'm not defending or condoning the veracity of Bill Ryan, I'm on about the mechanics of the forum.

Rule of thumb: If someone is offended, there's something wrong. If someone feels their private information is being used, simplyy replace the word with asterisks, it's no big deal, if someone rips in to someone else, just remove the insult. It keeps the forum on a more balanced track.

Best regards.

Grumplebum wrote:
it would be an idea just to reflect as to your role and restrictions as such an administrator.

Believe me, I have been doing that non-stop for months.

My primary role as administrator, as I see it, is to keep the forum up and running. At this point, barring a disaster, the forum will remain up and running without me. Other members at UP are asking me to do much more than my self-assigned role. They are asking me to moderate member behavior, to enforce nebulous rules about alleged private information, and to censor member posts.

As the website and forum founder, I set the forum up so that there is no moderation, no censorship, and no power pyramid. Members are expected to self-moderate and control themselves and their forum through high-consensus democracy.

We have discovered that there are serious flaws in using the existing infra-structure to support this "experiment". Sock puppets are a major problem. Privacy and anonymity undermine accountability and responsibility, which is a major problem. How to deal with members that refuse to self-regulate is a major problem.

I think all of the legitimate members here, if there are any left, need to reflect on how this forum can be restored to accommodate and uphold its original founding principles, if that is possible.

The website is here if anyone needs to review the founding principles.

Wed May 02, 2012 9:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next