Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Suggestion Box 
Site Admin

Post Suggestion Box
The United People forum wants you!

Specifically, we want your suggestions, complaints, ideas, and comments. Drop them here, in the Suggestion Box.

Fri May 06, 2011 2:14 am

Post Re: Suggestion Box
Hello Chico, good to meet again; It's a small world after all..! Thanks for your efforts to build this social network. Question: how-to insert video's?

Skip

Fri May 06, 2011 7:08 pm
Site Admin

skippy wrote:
Question: how-to insert video's?

I added a "youtube" button (under the Bold button).

So it looks like this in the post:

(youtube)YouTubeVideoID(/youtube) -- except with square brackets, [] instead of ()

So, in this case, the link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_DO5Anb_yM, and we just use the video ID, which is everything after the "v=":

(youtube)4_DO5Anb_yM(/youtube)

Sat May 07, 2011 1:27 am
Site Admin

Here's a suggestion: Spread the word!

If you think the United People idea is a good one, or if you're not sure but think it's worth a try, tell people about it and invite them to see for themselves! Membership is open to anyone that might be considered a "person". You probably qualify. You need not be from this planet or human to be a "person". Pretty cool, huh?

If you think United People is a terrible idea, and that we should all continue living under oppression and tyranny, or as slaves to money-creating sociopaths, you can still join! Just be civil, polite, and respectful towards others. Follow our two guidelines (The Physician's Creed and The Golden Rule), and you will be welcome, too! Is that amazing, or what!

Thu May 19, 2011 5:43 am

Just looking at putting up some funny vids and not sure where to put them. Can we have a comedy section?

What shall we call it? First thing that springs to mind is LMAO, but that does lower the tone and Chico, I can see you looking at me with the same expression you have on your pic.

Can anyone think of what to call it other than simply Comedy? Something that will draw people to it?

Also I want to hunt down the odd video that I've seen on Avalon and youtube with soldiers that have left the services and are speaking out about what they have seen and experienced. I think it's so important to spread those first hand accounts as widely as possible. Maybe I will put that in the corruption section and see how it grows.

Soldiers, telling it like it is!

Thanks,
Lee

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:16 am
Site Admin

Lee wrote:
Can we have a comedy section?

Man, are you funny! Thanks for making me laugh.

Done.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:53 am

Can I suggest the welcome thread is made more obvious by being called that in the main index. Easy for new people to find.

:)

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:30 am

A spirituality thread would be good. Also included would be a safe place for people to express their beliefs, right or wrong. They are only beliefs, which change as we change.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:56 am

Hi Chico,

Is it possible to upgrade to the latest version of phpBBS?

http://www.phpbb.com/

The interface looks much better ... and is comparative to Vbulletin in many ways.

Thanx in advance.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:19 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
Is it possible to upgrade to the latest version of phpBBS?

Yep, we're there already. I upgraded to version 3.0.10 two days ago.

The look and feel of the forum is customizable. Feel free to research the options, and if you find something interesting, I will be glad to add it.

Where did you see that the new version can be made to resemble Vbulletin? The Vbulletin look is very clean, and I have a bias towards preferring it, since I cut my teeth on Avalon and Nexus.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next