Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Thermopylae 

Post Thermopylae
Thermopylae
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermopylae
Quote:
Thermopylae "hot gateways" is a location in Greece where a narrow coastal passage existed in antiquity. It derives its name from its hot sulphur springs. "Hot gates" is also "the place of hot springs and cavernous entrances to Hades".
Thermopylae is primarily known for the battle that took place there between the Greek forces including the 300 Spartans and the Persian forces, spawning the famous epitaph beginning with "Go tell the Spartans". It is also the locality of the city Anthela (Ἀνθήλη), where the first Amphictyony is mentioned.

Quote:
View of the Thermopylae pass from the area of the Phocian Wall. In ancient times, the coastline would have been much closer to the mountain, near the road to the right. This is a result of sedimentary deposition.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:12 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Thermopylae
Interesting how the shoreline has changed so dramatically over time.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:26 pm

It is remarkable that man could name a place so beautiful and compare it to the cavernous entrances to Hades.

The more I understand about religion and the controls over people, all religions seem to follow a criteria.

They treat us like mushrooms. Feed them bullshit, keep them in the dark then eat them.

Amassing great numbers of men for the slaughter.

It would be nice to see this place replanted with trees, in honor of every weary battlescared solider that fell here.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:11 am
Site Admin

Nice sentiment, L&G. I agree that would be appropriate.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:20 am

The spirit of the post is to show how a few people where able to stop an insurmountable force of Tyranny by making a stand at the Gates. Or in this tale the Hot gates.
If they do not defend their position, it will befall their culture into Hell like conditions. The Tyrannical army made it through, but the valiant effort of how a few stood against many became
inspiration for more to make a stand.

Tactically the strategy was to meet the Horde at the smallest point of entry, and there the huge numbers would not be an advantage.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:32 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
The Tyrannical army made it through, but the valiant effort of how a few stood against many became inspiration for more to make a stand.

Tactically the strategy was to meet the Horde at the smallest point of entry, and there the huge numbers would not be an advantage.

Good synopsis -- thanks.

How could we use a similar strategy to defeat the ruling sociopaths?

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:35 pm

I dont know how to stop them Chic. I use the Thermopylae strategy plan and apply pressure where there numbers cant usually over take me. This applies in my mind, at home, work, social dynamics and here at this Portal.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:43 pm

The Tyrannical army made it through, QUOTE MAGAMUD

This is not a very hopeful synopsis. :( :( :(

Still planting trees is a useful way to change the old energy that is stagnant. Planting a tree is hopeful for tomorrow. I know this is very left field but we have to plants seeds for a new tomorrow. Seeds of hope.

Was this really the gateway to hell? Like a portal?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]