Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Sociopath du jour 
Site Admin

Post Sociopath du jour
The French have "le plat du jour", or the plate of the day (the daily special). I had the thought that the same concept might work for sociopaths. I'm sure I can't offer up a sociopath every day, as I simply don't have time, but I realized this thread would be a good place to highlight sociopaths as I run across them. And I certainly do run across them. In fact, I am continually surprised by how frequently I encounter them. I'm beginning to realize the online forums are a veritable magnet for sociopaths.

The latest sociopath I've run into is Sandy Clark. What a surprise! An elderly, white-haired grandma oozing "love and light" is supposedly a sociopath? No, this can't be. I've read Sandy's posts on and off for more than six years across several forums, and I never suspected that she was more than a loving grandma who would treat your scrapes and bruises with a hug and a kiss before sitting you down for some cold milk and chocolate chip cookies. Boy, was I fooled!

"Friends" of Sandy, those who have been pulled into her confidence (of "con-man" fame) through her charming manner and other deceptions and manipulations, will not believe me. They will have the confidence to dismiss my evidence, sight unseen, as ridiculous. They will find comfort in Sandy's seemingly reasonable explanations that I have a grudge against her, that I'm seeking some kind of vengeance, or that I'm a sociopath myself. This is a standard ploy used by sociopaths, and it works quite well for them, which is why they use it. Trusting people, those with strong empathy and ethics, are the perfect suckers in this game, as they have often developed a relationship with the sociopath through shared communications, discussions, and experiences that feels quite legitimate to them. Their feelings of loyalty will hold them in the sociopath's sphere, and the sociopath will subtly reinforce those feelings with flattery, encouragement, and sweet nothings that uncannily hit the mark. They don't call them con-artists for nothing!

Another charge levelled against me by the sociopaths is that I call everyone who disagrees with me a sociopath. While it is true that I disagree with all sociopaths on some very fundamental issues (this is inevitable given the differences in psychology), it is definitely untrue that I call everyone I disagree with a sociopath. I disagree with a lot of people who I would never describe as sociopaths. It's just that I spend the most time disagreeing with (and arguing with) sociopaths. They are the most interesting people for me, with the most intriguing thought processes, precisely because of my interest in sociopathy. UncleZook is the classic example. I've spent more time and effort disagreeing with Zook than anyone else (as posts in this forum will attest), and I have thanked him for that opportunity publicly many times. I learned so much about sociopaths from Zook! The education has been invaluable. But while Zook is one person I disagree with that I have called a sociopath, there are many others I disagreed with that I didn't call sociopaths, like Magamud, Mr. ULY, Rose, Ruth, Bergen, and others.

So, what made me realize Sandy Clark was a sociopath? I'm glad you asked...

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:30 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Sociopath du jour
When sociopaths are convinced they are being successfully challenged, opposed, or attacked (exposed), what do they do? What are their "turn-to" weapons?

The big one is character assassination.

I can't tell you how many times I have experienced this, but it occurs with almost every sociopath I identify and confront, like clockwork. And it's not something I do to sociopaths. I demonstrate how their behaviors match the list of characteristic behaviors found in sociopaths. That's not character assassination. It's character matching. But sociopaths experience it as character assassination because it runs contrary to the characteristics they project publicly as their "mask" or façade. Remember that sociopaths are chameleons that work hard to blend in. They must pass as normal to maintain their advantage. That advantage is deception and secrecy, both of which are essential to making the "mask" believable.

So when Sandy suddenly began her campaign of character assassination against me, with no equivalent provocation coming from me, I knew I was potentially dealing with a sociopath.

Here is her list of opponent (me) smears:

• ...your pattern of challenging others to answer to your insidious questioning and up front accusations of censorship, etc.
  • banned from more than a half a dozen forums for this particular behavior
  • Badgering me will not be facilitated to accommodate your need to be heard and recognized for the right way to think and be
  • reminds me of your accusations toward BR and other forum leaders
  • most walk away from conversing with you
  • Who wants to be constantly challenged on everything they say and do? (Definitely not sociopaths.)
  • Reminds me of another forum member that does the same thing and she too has been banned from many a forum and had to start her own. (9eagle9, another sociopath.)
  • What is it they say about narcissist, sociopaths, etc.,… always right and everyone else need to recognize this or they will be confronted non-stop as to their actions?
  • I have not posted on your forum since a falling out with you a number of years ago.
  • memberships feedback at the time was denied and unacknowledged and thus the huge migration away from UP (i.e. Chico's fault!)
  • I held no grudge in walking away and thus continued to connect with UP on a reading basis only. Do you hold a grudge Chico? (Sandy does me a big favor by reading UP posts...)
  • You do know from my last post that I do continue to read United People... (Huh? How would I know that?)
  • so with YOU knowing this, I wonder why you would not challenge me on your own forum. (See previous bullet.)
  • Do you need an audience or is your motive more deceptive? (Sociopaths wish to avoid an audience when being exposed.)
  • What you might want to take a look at is your need to bring Avalon dynamics here to EE where the atmosphere is one of mutual Respect, Kindness, Understanding, Compassion and Love, versus the ongoing ego battles that the United Peoples forum is famous for?
    ( :face: -- do not challenge sociopaths; accommodate them.)
  • What is your need to challenge me and put me and my posting at Avalon on display here at EE? (Exposing a hidden sociopath, perhaps?)
  • I find it very odd that you chop up your responses by clipping sentences you wish to challenge and never address or indicate any recognition of my overall message... (i.e. stop analyzing my message, Chico)
  • You may want to go a little deeper within yourself and stop using Bubu, BR, Sociopaths, Hitler, etc., and address your incessant need to drone on and on about censoring, scamming, deceit, scorn, rejection, etc.
  • Become your own HERO and take care of that little boy inside that seems to want to create drama and animosity for not being recognized or valued.
    ( :face: )

The flip side is also apparent -- Sandy "blows her horn" regarding her projected character attributes.

List of "mask" positives:

• Did you think the membership here don’t know that I can be straight forward and call things the way I see them, whether deemed right or wrong by others. (Sandy is a "straight-shooter".)
  • Next thing you know, if I kept a running dialog with You, I would fit your profile of a sociopath and be called such as this is what often happens with individuals who converse with you for any length of time and with those that you don’t see eye to eye with. I have seen this happen often on UP. (Sandy noticed Chico exposes sociopaths.)
  • My opinion of his (Bubu) post was it is propaganda and whether true of not, it is to engineer the prospects of war. (Truth be damned, while Sandy saves us from war!)
  • He (Bubu) doesn’t have to think like me and or acknowledge he heard me. (How generous.)
  • until we the people individually learn to address our own inner needs first and foremost, we as a species will not get past divide and conquer (There is no greater division than having everyone focus on their own selfish needs.)
  • People need to truly love and care for self before they can genuinely transfer that care to the world at large. When one no longer fears being rejected, standing alone or walking their talk they have found their spirit and know they are never alone, are loved and have nothing to fear, including death of the body. (Basics of "Love an Light", by Prof. Clark)
  • No one can save anyone else. (The sociopaths' basic anti-empathy stance.)
  • I do detach from the insanity of it all and I address it by my individual actions of continued self-learning, sharing myself and resources when of value, non-compliance and non-participation with divide and conquer dynamics where ever I can; utilizing self-discipline, personal integrity and enacting my values to the best of my abilities. (The "mask" of saintliness.)
  • I did not overlook your questions initially and reached out to connect with you by answering your first post because I care…
    (Sandy cares... :face: )
  • ...it seems my answers were not up to par for you so I will walk away now with care for your well-being knowing that only you can affect that. (Such overwhelming care for another...)
  • With respect, I wish you all the best. (No doubt, with "love and light" sprinkled on top.)

Can anyone see the hypocrisy (the sociopath's signature flaw), i.e. how character assassination is the empathetic, caring thing to do?

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:51 am
Site Admin

Who made you Bubu”s advocate and censorship security guard? Do you have a HERO complex? Where do you get off on presenting a problem that he does not seem to have and then place yourself in the position to take up a cause for him that you have not been solicited for?

I cannot censor or suppress anyone….I do not have that kind of power………I can only share my opinion, and only self can ‘allow or facilitate’ censorship or suppression. You above all should know this as all your banning from forums has not shut you up yet!! :lol:

What is your need to go to bat for Bubu?……..he has not responded to my snarky remark and continues to post fear mongering threads to date, thus not displaying any censorship or suppression anomalies or fears of such.

This is my favorite indicator of a sociopath. Sandy is completely mystified as to why I would "defend" Bubu. Why do I "get off" helping Bubu when no aid has been requested? Do I have a HERO complex? There's no censorship involved here, so what could possibly be Chico's interest? Bubu didn't even react to Sandy's comment, so why should Chico butt in? What the hell is wrong with Chico that he must question Sandy's motivations and intent?

Does anyone else see it? It's the one thing sociopaths don't have and thus do not really understand. It's empathy. It's the reason why I expose sociopaths. I have empathy for their victims. And Sandy doesn't have a clue why I defend Bubu. It never enters into her mind that it could be empathy. She sees the whole situation from a sociopath's selfish perspective.

This was the icing on the cake for me, confirming that sociopaths expose themselves, if only you know what to look for.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:11 am
Site Admin

There is another very important psychology that comes into play when dealing with online sociopaths, and that is the group dynamics that are inherent in any online forum. Non-sociopaths feel this as a sense of community, while sociopaths view it as shepherding. Sociopaths know they are steering the flock, but the flock is pretty much oblivious to the manipulation. The individual sheep are paying attention to their closest neighbors and not to the direction in which the entire flock is being steered. Individual sheep, or members, have a strong need to fit in, conform, and be accepted. It's very much a social club.

A sociopath is like a wolf in sheep's clothing. His first goal is to be accepted as a bonafide member of the flock. Any new member joining the flock, or forum, must be vetted over time based on his mindset. Flocks work best with like-mindedness. It's "birds of a feather stick together", or "follow the leader". Sociopaths know that, so they adjust their mask to match what the flock is expecting, while still maintaining enough uniqueness to allay any suspicions of being "out of place". Once the sociopath has gained the trust and confidence of his closest neighbors, he is in position to play the flock with subtlety and finesse. By being careful to not reveal his true nature, the "wolf in sheep's clothing" has a powerful position that can be "milked" for periodic rewards.

Sandy's derision of Bubu's post is an example of that "milking". Sandy gains status of being higher in the pecking order than Bubu, and thus reinforces her position in the Avalon hierarchy with very little actual effort, especially compared to Bubu's efforts. Bubu does all the research, study, analysis, and presentation, while Sandy only has to post one sentence that essentially says, "You're stupid."

If called on her clever game of one-upmanship, Sandy has plausible deniability in her pocket ready for release.

I just lost patience with Bubu and spouted off to appease my own exaspiration with those continuing to sell or buy the daily social engineering garbage.

Again, it's "I have no patience for stupid people." The telling characteristics of the sociopath are right there, hidden in plain sight:

• Takes no responsibility for her actions
  • Blames others
  • Feels no shame
  • Has no empathy for the victim

Will Sandy's closest neighbors in the flock be able to see through the deception? Heck no! Sandy is their neighbor, she's been vetted, and her reaction is easily rationalized. "Sandy just lost her patience, which can happen to anyone!" "Sandy just wants to protect us from social engineering garbage!" "Sandy is one of us, a trusted forum member!"

Right...

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:51 am
Site Admin

How important is it that you believe my assessment of Sandy Clark's sociopathy?

It's not.

What is important is that you not dismiss it. Doing so will prevent you from questioning it, and this is what is most important. If you question it, you will tend to look for evidence that either supports it or refutes it. And that is the key. If you dismiss it, you won't look for evidence. You will believe that you already know the truth, and that is where we all are in error. My friend Gerry taught me that lesson when he told me 9/11 was an inside job some 14 years ago, and I thought he was crazy. "Don't believe me," he said. "Just do the research yourself." And I did, just to prove him wrong. Only I ended up proving him right, much to my surprise.

Sociopaths are experts at deceiving and manipulating us into believing that we know the truth about them, when in fact all we know is an image they have carefully constructed to make us more vulnerable to their control.

Sociopaths require your confidence. I don't. I encourage you not to believe me. Question my observations all you want. I do that myself. But beware of dismissing them. It is better to leave the issue slightly open than to definitively close it.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:35 pm
Site Admin

How to Win Friends & Influence People is a checklist of behaviors that come naturally to sociopaths. They learn the techniques of human manipulation very early in their lives, without any books required.

Quote:
The info was so obvious that it started to sound like a psychopath's guide to manipulating normal people. -- source

It struck me as rather manipulative, like something a sociopath would write. -- source

These are some good pointers, but taken too seriously they border on sociopathic behavior. -- source

In his new book, Manson: The Life and Times of Charles Manson, author Jeff Guinn credits Carnegie training with transforming Manson from “a low-level pimp” to the “frighteningly effective sociopath” who created a cult of killers in the late 1960s. -- source

The point is that sociopaths in online forums will often write sickly sweet disingenuous posts designed to "win friends and influence people". When exposed, they let their mask slip and switch to attack mode against their opposition. But at the same time, they will ratchet up the sweet talk to their allies as they "close ranks" in a defensive posture.

I couldn't help but notice Sandy Clark doing this ( 1 2 3 4 ) at EarthEmpaths following her realization that someone was onto her.

Sandy's posts are usually vacuous (devoid of substance), innocuous (never critical), agreeable, and flattering ( 1 2 3 4 5 ). They are meant to "win friends and influence people".

It's easy to see (if you know what to look for) how hard it is to recognize the sociopaths that ply the online forums. They blend in like chameleons, pull the unsuspecting into their camp, and make them feel good about being there.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:58 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Many years ago, Dale Carnegie wrote one of the first blockbuster self-help books. It was called “How to Win Friends and Influence People.” It should have been subtitled, “How to be a Successful Psychopath.” -- source

That doesn't mean Dale Carnegie was a sociopath, but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility.

Quote:
The judge who sentence Ted Bundy to death started out by saying what a nice young man he was and how he wished Bundy well. Ted Bundy would have cheerfully walked up and put that judge’s eyes out, right there and then, but the judge was convinced by Bundy’s lifetime of acting that he was really an intelligent, thoughtful young man.

If a judge who has just gone through gruesome evidence of how Bundy has horribly murdered twenty or so people, how can the average person resist psychopathic skills? Every single Catholic bishop knew all about the thousands of rapes of little boys that were going on, but every one of them made it to bishop and is considered a model of humanity. -- source

Sociopaths fool much of humanity. Bill Clinton did it, and so did his wife Hillary. How many in the forum world do it?

More than I would have thought possible.

Nearly every single sociopath I ended up eventually recognizing started off with me not recognizing them. Same story with Sandy Clark. I thought she was a friendly grandma full of love and goodness. She was a fixture at Avalon and Nexus when I was active there. I never had any conscious reason back then to suspect her of being a sociopath. Her façade was unremarkable, ordinary, almost boring, just like a grandma should be. She was hidden in plain sight.

She still is, for most people.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:21 am
Site Admin

Sociopaths in the online forum world behave similarly to sociopaths in the real world:

• They take great care to hide their true natures.
  • They mimic the behaviors of normal people in order to blend in.
  • They are playing a game, one of deception and manipulation.
  • Their goal is increased power and control over others within the forum hierarchy.
  • They lie by twisting the truth.
  • They have double standards -- "Do as I say, not as I do."
  • They are thus most often detectable by their hypocrisy.

Sociopaths have had a heavy influence on structuring the hierarchy of the forums. This is most easily seen in established, "successful" forums run by sociopaths, like Project Avalon. The double standards are more visible there, though they are still carefully masked. For example, at Avalon, you are constantly told that you have freedom of speech, and that no one is censored. But say the "wrong" thing at PA and you will be censored or banned. This double standard is unconsciously adopted by other forums that copy the Avalon model (which is most forums).

Even Earth Empaths, run by Christine, former "wife" of Project Avalon's alpha sociopath Bill Ryan, is stuck in the same sociopathic mindset. You can't "call out" members or otherwise hold them responsible for their deceptions and manipulations. If you do, you will be censored. This protects all the forum members at EE who are sociopathic, and they in turn enthusiastically support this double standard of regulated free speech.

I experienced this directly at EE recently, when a portion of one of my posts was cut and removed from public view by Christine, allegedly because "calling out" forum members for their hypocrisies was verboten. Yet no censoring had occurred prior to my post being censored (EE's first act of censorship) despite unsubstantiated criticisms levelled at me by "trusted" forum members. In other words, they clearly had freer speech than I did. And that allows the kind of forum hierarchy that the sociopaths like to see -- "We are all equal here, but some are more equal than others."

Note: Sociopaths at EE (and there are some) will be quick to characterize this post as Chico calling Christine a sociopath. That is the well-worn accusation that is always thrown at me by sociopaths, i.e. that I call anyone who disagrees with me a sociopath. So, just for the record, let me state that I do not have any reason to believe that Christine is a sociopath. Based on all my observations of her online presence, including her association and break up with Bill Ryan, she is definitely a non-sociopath.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:36 pm
Site Admin

Grrrr.. I just lost a long post responding ..............so will take it that it was not meant to be!! :-(

A forum veteran like Sandy Clark doesn't know to save her work? That seems very unlikely to me.

And she concludes therefore "that it was not meant to be"? What kind of logic is that? Are her "long" posts so trivial and unimportant? Whenever I lost posts, I rewrote them, because I felt what I had to say was important! Isn't that why we go to all the trouble to write posts, because we feel they are important? Why doesn't Sandy feel that way? Is it because she knows her posts are not important?

It would not be unheard of for a sociopath to claim she wrote a long post full of important information, but she lost it, so "it was not meant to be!" We have only her word for it, and no way to prove whether it is true or not, so plausible deniability is built in to the claim. Sociopaths operate like this all the time. It's the game they play, one of clever deception and subtle manipulation.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:01 pm
Site Admin

While Bill Ryan of Project Avalon is not so much a "sociopath du jour" (translation: sociopath of the day), he belongs in this thread as a "sociopath de tous les jours" (translation: a sociopath of all days)! The guy never quits, and it should be noted that one of the characteristics of sociopaths is that they are usually relentless in their quest to succeed with a con or "win the game".

David Wilcock is a con-artist as well, and he is being discussed in this thread at Project Avalon. Bill Ryan, sociopath extraordinaire, has some fatherly advice for the less experienced David Wilcock, who is struggling due to his close association with sociopath Corey Goode:

Bill Ryan wrote:
I think what's interesting about this is that David Wilcock isn't learning. That's the key thing here.

Bill Ryan is quite insistent with this statement, as he emboldens and italicizes it for emphasis. Not only that, he repeats it a dozen posts later:

Bill Ryan wrote:
I think the key thing is, as I mentioned above, he's not learning.

Nor — importantly, I'd suggest — has he ever once to my knowledge corrected, retracted, or apologized for any misleading errors. That says a lot.

This is sociopath "double-speak", with an apparent surface meaning for the general public and a disguised hidden meaning for sociopaths. What Bill Ryan really means by this word play is that David Wilcock is not improving his "game" of deception and manipulation, as smug Bill Ryan knows he himself has done many times. Bill knows a correction, a retraction, or an apology can be "gamed" as well for great selfish benefit. He has done this many times, and I have witnessed some of them. Bill's "correction" statement about the fake Picasso painting fiasco is an example, which he subsequently quietly removed from the Avalon forum once he realized this second deception was also becoming a liability.

So this is quite the twisted web of sociopathy. Bill Ryan is trying to make himself look good (as usual), and non-sociopathic to boot, by suggesting David Wilcock come up with a fake apology that will smooth the troubled waters. Bill is a master at this, and he is really pointing out to David the pecking order of successful sociopaths (Bill being superior to David) while at the same time giving David advice on how to recover his fading guru status.

So a tip of the hat to Bill Ryan for his wily ways and polished sociopathy. Making evil look good is the mark of a successful sociopath, and Bill Ryan can certainly give lessons on that subject.

"Watch my hands move. Listen to my soothing voice. I'm one of you. You can trust me."

Fri May 10, 2019 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next