Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
UP's birthday 
Site Admin

Post UP's birthday
Mods please Close this thread! :giggle: PS and unsuscribe me :crybabe: !

Hey, that reminds me....

This forum has been operating for two years without a single moderator! Can't say I miss 'em....

This forum has also been operating for two years without a single plea for donations. Can't say I miss that either.

This forum has also been operating for two years without censorship! Everything that has ever been posted, except for Whitehaze's home phone number, is still on the forum. Oh yeah, I forgot, there were also some damning posts by GW's sockpuppets that she erased herself by editing them clean to cover up her schemes, but I had nothing to do with that, other than changing the forum settings to help prevent that kind of mischief. And there are no private forums, members-only areas, private chat channels, or any other kind of non-transparent, back-room scheming taking place at United People. It's all public. Can't say I miss the censorship or the hierarchy or the elitism or the secrecy or the corruption of the other forums.

However, this forum has been operating for two years with drama, controversy, dissent, disagreement, tolerance, intolerance, and (say it ain't so!) different-mindedness! Can you believe it!?

So Happy Birthday, United People forum! Two years old on May 3. Sorry I'm late with my birthday message, but to be honest, I had to look it up just now.

I know, I'm bad... :face:

=====

Thu May 30, 2013 2:53 am
Site Admin

Post Re: UP's birthday
Yeah, I'm not much for birthdays. Four weeks ago, United People turned 5 years old on May 3, 2016.

I didn't even notice.

Time doesn't matter much for me. Purpose does. Truth does. Liberty and justice for all does.

"I pledge allegiance to ... purpose, truth, and liberty and justice for all."

That's it. That's my pledge. No flag, no Republic, no nation, no God. Only principles.

Happy Birthday, United People. All one of you.

The BEATLES "Birthday" song

Still rockin' after all these years.

And still putting those messages in the bottles.

STING - Message in a Bottle (AMNESTY, SEPTEMBER 1981 LONDON)

Tue May 31, 2016 6:59 am

Grazie Chico - I'm certainly grateful for having had the opportunity to observe your resolve. You have provided me with a very big missing puzzle piece that fits perfectly into my own lifelong persistent pursuit of practical now-time activism to aid in transforming retarded indoctrinations of inequality with co-creative, intelligent systems founded on egalitarian meritocracy. Practicality that now, thanks to you, I actually do see as achievable and fundamentally linked to my local world as well as the global arena.

And although to date I have only been an observational learner with your forum I am appreciative of your contributions at Inphinet where I have entered into engaging and productive conversations with you re the study of cultural psychopathy; with particular focus on our global leadership being monopolized by individuals with extremely low and/or next to zero empathic psychological dispositions.

I also view your forum as being an important "interactive blog library", if you like, and use it for research - so please keep putting those messages in a bottle :thumbup:

Cheers
Gemma

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:05 am
Site Admin

Thanks, Gemma! I appreciate your feedback. I am glad to be of service, and I hope to serve even more.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]