Should we continue the UP initiative?
Yes, let's continue like this 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Yes, but better change the concept 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
No, forums are not the way to go 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
No, people simply don't care 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 10

Does the UP project has a future? 

Post Does the UP project has a future?
The lack of interest in the UP initiative is putting some severe doubts in the minds of its pioneers. Should we stop and move on? Should we continue but how can we make things more interesting for people to join? A poll on the future of the UP project. For those with other arguments or suggestions please make a post on this thread and I will update the options for the poll accordingly.

Note: The poll is permanently open, and you can change your vote at any time!

Last edited by Chicodoodoo on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Added note of change in poll options

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:42 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Does the UP project has a future?
I gotta admit, skippy, you made me laugh with this one! And I can't decide how I should vote!

Given that you and I are about the only ones that frequent this forum, I have to wonder what we are going to learn from this poll, other than the obvious (that this forum is practically comatose).

Maybe we should add a fifth option, "All of the above". I think I could vote for that one!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:48 pm

:lol:

Chicodoodoo wrote:
United People wants to see rule by the people. People should make the important decisions themselves. It must be done by consensus, with the consensus level for agreement set somewhere between 50 and 100 percent. Precisely where the level should be set is open for debate, but I personally can argue for 80 percent.

Let's apply and test against the 80% rule to act and decide upon. My proposition is the following: If we don't get 80% people voting to continue this endeavor, I will leave the UP project. I've set the end date for this poll to the end of the month. My bet is that nobody cares about the UP project.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:27 pm
Site Admin

I suspect few people know about the UP project, specifically this forum. I never really advertised it. I think I mentioned it in my Avalon and Nexus posts maybe four times.

Maybe it's time to start calling attention to the forum, in some clever way.

How about this: I've added a link to "United People" at the end of my signature on Nexus. Let's see if that generates any traffic.

If anyone wants to copy the idea, the URL to United People is www.united-people.tk, and the URL directly to the UP forum is http://hm.dinofly.com/UP/forum/

Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:04 am

Hello you two!

Its not about whether or not others join in to your game, its about (for me) the fact that I don't agree with Chico on many points of being, but I still wish to converse!

You have a very nice place here and this I feel is somewhere that I can de construct preconditioned ideas and then apply new and better ways to be.

What say you?
gary

Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:51 pm
Site Admin

Welcome, simgaz! I'm delighted that you are here to disagree with me! And I am delighted to be in agreement with you that we should "deconstruct preconditioned ideas and then apply new and better ways to be."

By George, it's a beautiful world!

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:19 pm

simgaz wrote:
de construct preconditioned ideas and then apply new and better ways to be.

Yes, count me in! Deconstruction is an excellent way to keep things healthy and alive. Here at UP we don't take things for granted. We try to listen carefully to what is being said but even more to what is not being said ... or so to speak in the words of Jacques Derrida: "The most interesting part of the text is the white between the lines." Nice to unite on this one... :D

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:00 pm
Site Admin

I'm really missing the THANK YOU button that the VBulletin software has. I thank you both!! Maybe in the future, we can consider digging up the $200 needed to buy a copy of VBulletin. Too soon at the moment, with only a handful of active members, but I have a dream....

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Hello all,

I think I prefer not to have a thank you button. ;) I like the idea of not knowing how many people have thanked a post - which in turn may prompt people to post a response. Not sure of that theory, although I do find it distracting and believe it can sway my opinion.

Warm wishes...
Lee

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:45 am

Oh...and that's me voting to continue - hope it's not too late!

Lee

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next