Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Confessions of a Sociopath 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 9503
Reply with quote
Post Re: Confessions of a Sociopath
UncleZook wrote:
According to Chico, it seems...

Straw man arguments, Zook. You are reduced to putting words into my mouth that I never said. Have you no shame? Hmmm, that's another warning sign of sociopathic behavior -- shamelessness.

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Posts: 1400
Reply with quote
Post Re: Confessions of a Sociopath
UncleZook wrote:
According to Chico, it seems...

Straw man arguments, Zook. You are reduced to putting words into my mouth that I never said. Have you no shame? Hmmm, that's another warning sign of sociopathic behavior -- shamelessness.



You didn't have to state them explicitly, Chico ... they were implied by your argument.

You blame some etheric dastardly quality in the male for the alleged 10-to-1 gender ratio of sociopaths (that you cited) ... when the study is obviously biased in identifying sources for sociopathy (e.g. public positions of power).

Males have dominated public positions of power since the dawn of humanity. But that has nothing to do with sociopathy, as I explained in my post. Sociopathy in the home ... is one source that would shred your cited 10-to-1 gender ratio.

'Nuff said, really.

Pax

_________________
Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.


Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:07 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 9503
Reply with quote
Post Re: Confessions of a Sociopath
M. E. Thomas, the author of "Confessions of A Sociopath", offers some tips from her experience teaching law.

Quote:
For instance, it's traditional in law school for lecturers to cold-call on students during class. I don't like to do this because frequently they are ill-prepared and it wastes time. If I never cold-call, however, the students will pick up on this and stop preparing as thoroughly for class. What I have started doing is e-mailing a student ahead of time that I will call on them for a particular case. To the rest of the class it appears as if I have cold-called on them. The student performs marvelously. The other students can't help but wonder, Am I the only one who isn't completely getting this material? So they work harder. The student whom I e-mailed has every incentive to keep the e-mail secret because it makes his performance more impressive. This divide-and-conquer approach to classroom and workplace management has been effective for me on many occasions, and I'm surprised more people don't adopt it.

Deception, manipulation, divide-and-conquer? For a sociopath, these are as natural as breathing. The reason more people don't adopt these tactics is that they are not sociopaths. At least not yet. The sociopaths are working on that.

On her website, the author goes by her initials, "ME". That's a capitalized and emphasized "me". To sociopaths, the world revolves around them, and they are the center of the universe. With no empathy for others, this is exactly what you would expect.

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:48 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 9503
Reply with quote
Post Re: Confessions of a Sociopath
UncleZook wrote:
Sociopathy in the home ... is one source that would shred your cited 10-to-1 gender ratio.

Don't you get it, Einstein? It doesn't matter what you argue. You are up against direct observation, also generally known as "facts". Behavioral scientists (like Lobaczewski) who study sociopaths have counted them and categorized them by gender. There are many more male than female sociopaths. Whether the ratio is 7 or 10 to 1 is not critical. The fact remains that there are many times more male than female sociopaths.

If you believe this is not the case, provide some real observable and repeatable evidence. Don't try to explain it away, because that just doesn't cut it. That's just game-playing in a determined attempt to win at all costs.

Hmmm, that too is a warning sign of sociopathic behavior.

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm
Posts: 4156
Reply with quote
Post Re: Confessions of a Sociopath
Men are ahead in sociopathy because for a long time physical force directed man. But now in the time of the technocrat, the mind will be the only thing needed to direct policy. So it will become a genderless issue eventually. Currently women are just filling up the vacuum of sociopathy due to their new laws of equality, with help from UN supported feminist philanthropic groups.

Another reason as to why advertising promotes hedonism associated to freedom. Its to support the Reich.
Maintain a double think of War and freedom, through scientific plausibility of natural selection and holographic Holywood nationalistic entertainment. Insidious shite.

Sociopathy is the means to cause destruction and the inability to see prosperity.

_________________
Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.


Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:18 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 9503
Reply with quote
Post Re: Confessions of a Sociopath
magamud wrote:
So it will become a genderless issue eventually.

Sociopathy really is a genderless issue already. The ratio of male to female sociopaths is just an interesting observation, which may be tied to the complications of human genetic expression. Sociopathy is primarily a psychological issue which becomes a critical societal issue.

magamud wrote:
Sociopathy is the means to cause destruction and the inability to see prosperity.

The sociopaths' definitions of destruction and prosperity are different from ours. Their entire world view is different from ours, because their way of thinking is fundamentally changed. Lack of empathy seems to be the critical factor most responsible for this tipping point.

Speaking of sociopaths rising to the top and becoming a critical societal issue...
Quote:
Pathocracy [is] a system of government ... wherein a small pathological minority takes control over a society of normal people.

In a pathocracy, all leadership positions, (down to village headman and community cooperative managers, not to mention the directors of police units, and special services police personnel, and activists in the pathocratic party) must be filled by individuals with corresponding psychological deviations, which are inherited as a rule. However, such people constitute a very small percentage of the population and this makes them more valuable to the pathocrats. Their intellectual level or professional skills cannot be taken into account, since people representing superior abilities are even harder to find. After such a system has lasted several years, one hundred percent of all the cases of essential psychopathy are involved in pathocratic activity; they are considered the most loyal, even though some of them were formerly involved on the other side in some way. -- source

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm
Posts: 4156
Reply with quote
Post Re: Confessions of a Sociopath
Quote:
Lack of empathy seems to be the critical factor most responsible for this tipping point.

Empathy to humanism. Ideas to repel this virus are in needed demand, lest actual societal architectures such as the Magna Carta or the Constitution. There is plenty of individual poets who have weighed their opinion but for an actual social contact to develop and protect ideas of liberty is certainly another thing. A tribute to such documents and a portends to, if you can keep such a Republic.

_________________
Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.


Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Posts: 1400
Reply with quote
Post Re: Confessions of a Sociopath
UncleZook wrote:
Sociopathy in the home ... is one source that would shred your cited 10-to-1 gender ratio.

Don't you get it, Einstein? It doesn't matter what you argue. You are up against direct observation, also generally known as "facts". Behavioral scientists (like Lobaczewski) who study sociopaths have counted them and categorized them by gender.


Direct observation of what? Don't generalize about Lobaczewski. He was a good man. But that doesn't mean his research is as encompassing as you make it out to be. He wrote Political Ponerology. About the evil in politics. He didn't write about the evil in domestic households. So his 10-to-1 ratio (if it is indeed such) only applies to power in public politics (e.g. the sundry politics that are/were dominated by males until very recently).

You, by contrast, extrapolated that to mean that males are 10 times more likely to be sociopaths, in general. If Loba himself had made that claim, I would be surprised. Did he do research about sociopathy in households?

Facts?? You often make me chuckle with the limited dimension in your arguments, Chico.

:jest:

Quote:
There are many more male than female sociopaths. Whether the ratio is 7 or 10 to 1 is not critical. The fact remains that there are many times more male than female sociopaths.


7 or 10?? Soft science usually contains great error and propagation of error, in addition to subjective biases in the selection of experimental variables.

Quote:
If you believe this is not the case, provide some real observable and repeatable evidence. Don't try to explain it away, because that just doesn't cut it. That's just game-playing in a determined attempt to win at all costs.

Hmmm, that too is a warning sign of sociopathic behavior.


I'm not convinced you know what sociopathic behavior actually is ... you throw that term around way too much for someone who claims knowledge.


Pax

ps: Lobaczewski is a fascinating individual. Here's an interview he did with Sott. Very illuminating:

_________________
Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.


Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:38 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 9503
Reply with quote
Post Re: Confessions of a Sociopath
UncleZook wrote:
He didn't write about the evil in domestic households. So his 10-to-1 ratio (if it is indeed such) only applies to power in public politics (e.g. the sundry politics that are/were dominated by males until very recently).

No, I'm sorry, that's just Zook BS. Lobaczewski worked with a collection of underground psychologists studying sociopathic behavior in various segments of the general public. He's not the only scientist to note the much higher prevalence of sociopathy in males. No one claims equal prevalence of sociopathic behavior by gender, except UncleZook, who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

UncleZook wrote:
You, by contrast, extrapolated that to mean that males are 10 times more likely to be sociopaths, in general.

If multiple surveys of sociopathic behavior show much higher incidence in males than females, how would you interpret that? Is gender based gene expression so unusual? Ummm, no.

UncleZook wrote:
I'm not convinced you know what sociopathic behavior actually is ...

That doesn't surprise me at all, for two reasons.

  1. You obviously haven't done your research on Lobaczewski if you are just coming up with his videoed interview, so your understanding of sociopathic behavior is necessarily weak.
  2. You exhibit many of the characteristics of a sociopath, and yet you think there is nothing wrong with you. In fact, you revel in your superiority. This too is typical of a sociopath.

You will be the last person to be convinced that I know anything about sociopathic behavior. And I certainly understand why.

There are no ad hominems here, Zook, just observations. I don't say any of this to discredit you, play ego games, or deceive and manipulate. It's one of the many ways that I know that I'm not a sociopath. It's also one of the many ways that I know that you have pronounced sociopathic tendencies. Like all things, there are advantages and disadvantages to being a sociopath. For the most part, sociopaths cannot see the disadvantages, since they lack empathy and don't really care how their machinations affect others. They primarily see the advantages that benefit them, which is why they feel so superior. Put them in leadership positions, and the effects are eventually disastrous for the majority, but excessively and positively beneficial for the tiny minority of sociopaths. It's the insanity we see dominating our world today.

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Posts: 1400
Reply with quote
Post Re: Confessions of a Sociopath
UncleZook wrote:
He didn't write about the evil in domestic households. So his 10-to-1 ratio (if it is indeed such) only applies to power in public politics (e.g. the sundry politics that are/were dominated by males until very recently).

No, I'm sorry, that's just Zook BS. Lobaczewski worked with a collection of underground psychologists studying sociopathic behavior in various segments of the general public. He's not the only scientist to note the much higher prevalence of sociopathy in males. No one claims equal prevalence of sociopathic behavior by gender, except UncleZook, who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.


The behavorial sciences are soft sciences. All conclusions based on soft sciences are erected on quicksand, and only the branch from the belief balsam directly above is keeping them up.

I repeat one cannot make wholesale claims about sociopathy without understanding the genetic basis for it. And one cannot make wholesale conclusions about sociopathy in the home by studying sociopathy in the public. You rovide no evidence that Loba (and others) ever did research on the home variety of sociopath.

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
You, by contrast, extrapolated that to mean that males are 10 times more likely to be sociopaths, in general.

If multiple surveys of sociopathic behavior show much higher incidence in males than females, how would you interpret that? Is gender based gene expression so unusual? Ummm, no.


We're not at the level of understanding gene expression for the behavioral sciences, so all we have are conjectures about gender-specific gene expression. Studies only yield from the input variables. Sociopathy in the general public is not sociopathy in the general private. Kapiche?

In any event, if we assume that sociopathy has a gender-specific genetic foundation, then the Y-chromosome would exclusively carry it and there will be zero female sociopaths. The fact that female socioapths exist negates the assumption.


Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
I'm not convinced you know what sociopathic behavior actually is ...

That doesn't surprise me at all, for two reasons.

  1. You obviously haven't done your research on Lobaczewski if you are just coming up with his videoed interview, so your understanding of sociopathic behavior is necessarily weak.
  2. You exhibit many of the characteristics of a sociopath, and yet you think there is nothing wrong with you. In fact, you revel in your superiority. This too is typical of a sociopath.

You will be the last person to be convinced that I know anything about sociopathic behavior. And I certainly understand why.

There are no ad hominems here, Zook, just observations. I don't say any of this to discredit you, play ego games, or deceive and manipulate. It's one of the many ways that I know that I'm not a sociopath. It's also one of the many ways that I know that you have pronounced sociopathic tendencies. Like all things, there are advantages and disadvantages to being a sociopath. For the most part, sociopaths cannot see the disadvantages, since they lack empathy and don't really care how their machinations affect others. They primarily see the advantages that benefit them, which is why they feel so superior. Put them in leadership positions, and the effects are eventually disastrous for the majority, but excessively and positively beneficial for the tiny minority of sociopaths. It's the insanity we see dominating our world today.


Pure ad hominem, Chico. You can try to mask it as something else, but there is nothing of verity in your contentions about me. If any of the many people who know me (on the forums and in real life) actually read some of your portrayals of me, they would be smiling and wondering if you're not typing from an institution for the mentally meringue.

Pax

ps: Btw, if I had been a sociopath, as you ridiculous reiterate, I wouldn't be small variety and waste my time on these forums ... not with my brain. I'd be seeking the big carrots, as it were.

ps2: Yeah, yeah ... I'm inviting myself to a charge of narcissism ... but hey, I don't think even you would begrudge me my brain.

:jest:

_________________
Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.


Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:05 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.