Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Atheistic freedom zone 
Site Admin

Post Re: Atheistic freedom zone
magamud wrote:
You dont see the obvious. That there is a creator behind everything. Reasonable evidence is just look at nature around you.

I have long considered this "obvious" argument, and I am convinced that it is an illusion. The inherent flaws in human thinking (yes, we have them) take us down false paths that lead to faulty conclusions. Entire books have been written about this, including many by Richard Dawkins like "The Blind Watchmaker" and "Climbing Mount Improbable".

magamud wrote:
Then you project I have special powers when a child could see what I am talking about.

No, that's not what I did. I essentially said that we are equally capable of discerning reality, yet we come to dissimilar conclusions regarding religion. That is a clue suggesting those inherent flaws in human thinking.

magamud wrote:
Imagination balanced is the key to start seeing in front of you.

In searching for the correct explanation when faced with the unknown, imagination does have an important role to play. But it does not necessarily lead you to the truth. Consider an optical illusion that is placed in front of you for the first time. How obvious is it what is really occurring there, right in front of your nose?

magamud wrote:
I tried atheism and know its belief system well. I dont discount its pov, but its conclusions are wrong.

Everything can be construed as a belief system, so your statement says nothing. Atheist conclusions could indeed be wrong, and if they are, it should be demonstrated why they are wrong. I understand a banana is useful for this. :lol:

magamud wrote:
The burden of proof is not on me friend.

The burden of proof is on the seeker of truth. Those who do not seek truth have no burden, because ignorance is bliss.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Quote:
because ignorance is bliss.

Indeed

Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Ahh Atheism rears its ugly head finally. What a world our future is in store for. Clones indeed.

Quote:
Kathleen Taylor, a neurologist at Oxford University, said that recent developments suggest that we will soon be able to treat religious fundamentalism and other forms of ideological beliefs potentially harmful to society as a form of mental illness.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:05 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Ahh Atheism rears its ugly head finally.

I don't think atheism is at fault here any more than belief in God was at fault for the Crusades. You are grossly oversimplifying here.

What you have going on with this article is that sociopaths are attempting to brand their opponents as sick. Did you get that? People with a clinical lack of empathy are reclassifying empathetic people as mentally ill. Do you see the bigger picture here? The tiny minority is reclassifying the vast majority as deviant. Or in simplest terms, evil is calling good bad.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Ya I get it. I like the comparison to the Crusades. 21st century here we come. Look at this sick shit. My USA

"We're Creating A Program Called MY U.S.A." President Obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a6LhfENJ4w

“We must harness new ideas and technology to remake our government.”
- President Barack Obama, January 21st, 2013

Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:01 pm
Site Admin

I can't listen to that con-artist "Obama". He is a known psychological deviant, a narcissist, a NWO puppet, a traitor, a war criminal, and a deceiving manipulator. And he is tame compared to those that give him his marching orders. Of course he creates a program called "My U.S.A." It's the latest scam to make people dependent on the teat of government so that they forget how to be independent and free.

George Carlin was right when he said it's all about giving the American people the illusion of choice.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:58 pm

I have never felt so unsafe. I better step up my activism.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10