Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Spotlight on the common good 

Post Re: Spotlight on the common good
Quote:
NG:
So then question is do we try and change incrementally we have got for the better, which would be a thing far removed from our chosen utopia I'm sure or do we call for revolution? Who wants to live through a revolution?

Great question NG. I would say I deal with this on a daily basis because weighing the sides is a lot of responsibility for me. Sides being static or revolution.
I have been lucky and got to be in a lot of social tribe situations Revolting the time. It's helped me temper social expectations and caused me to work on my personal environment.
In that journey I am becoming more balanced with my surroundings.
My only other explanation is it is like a Mobius field of recycling energy interacting with life. Life being something to love!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Aw thanks, I’m really enjoying being here.

That is something that gets to me, how people are so hungry for a pat on the head and to be a good boy or girl, sycophantically plodding along in life and never questioning anything and if you point anything out to them that is uncomfortable, they are quick to anger and quickly descend into attacking the messenger and not the message – even young people, in fact, I wonder whether they are more indoctrinated than older generations.

Any victories obtained from a revolution would be pyrrhic due to the nature of what we are up against, as you say. They infiltrate both sides and pervert the cause – I think it would be too subtle to rage against.

However, the below true story gives me hope.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/ma ... rison-camp

This sounds like something straight out of an Orwellian nightmare. I profess my ignorance and did not realise North Korea was that bad or actually anything like that and this absolute evil goes on. Salient themes in the story – one is how Shin In Geun knows nothing of the free world outside of his prison (and then to awake people, the prison within the prison with the prison scenario) at all. It is how he knows no better, only pain, slavery and atrocity. Another is how he is so indoctrinated he believes people deserved their punishments. However, the seeds of freedom and the world beyond the prison is hinted at by another prisoner and he strives to escape and does – a one in thousand chance. This gives me hope. If we carry on just dreaming about our utopia, continue to question everything, be vigilant and keep spreading the world, maybe we will collectively find a way to escape our current reality and then face it and bring justice, like Shin In Geun.

I've not had time to listen to Richard Sauder but I want to and will probably have time tomoz - this whole AI program already in operation is new to me so I think I'm a few pages behind you guys.

Quote:
Life being something to love!
Erich Fromm has much to say on this matter. You'll have to speak more of your social tribe situations, Magamud.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:47 pm

Quote:
Conformity for the sake of it should be discouraged from an early age. Creativeness, inquisitiveness should be encouraged and celebrated rather than stiffled.

Kids should learn the value of solidarity, love thy neighbour and standing shoulder to shoulder. The bonds of trust in society have been lost, we are all suspicious, unwilling to help unless it benefits us or out of fear of reprisals, need I mention the case of Kitty Genovese.

I love this. Being creative is a blessing.
I work in a creative field as does my son.

Family, neighbors, and clans are important. I am blessed with good friends, neighbors and family.
I taught my son to be himself, take his time, and make his own decisions. Choose good friends.

People knock religion. I am not religious, but I will tell you that my ancestral people were very strong noble people that found their strength through solidarity. Our church was a gathering place to honor tradition and stand together. It was more of an ethnic family.
They created their own bank.

I checked the Ellis Island records on my grandparents. My Grandmother left her homeland at 17 and had the courage to come here on her own. I have fond memories of her. My regret is that I didn't ask her more about her past and to share her stories. I was young and foolish. She was a brave woman and spoke 5 languages.

My Grandfather was 18 when he came. My older brother asked Grandpa about his trip over on the boat.
Grandpa laughed and told him an important lesson (true story). When you're seasick, don't puke into the wind!

Anyone can check the records at Ellis Island. It will show the ship, port of departure, how much $ in their pocket. They were revolutionaries.

http://commongood.org/

http://thecommongood.net

http://www.commongoodcityfarm.org/

http://www.createcommongood.org/

http://ny4cg.org/

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:49 pm
Site Admin

Oh Yeah! wrote:
My regret is that I didn't ask her more about her past and to share her stories. I was young and foolish. She was a brave woman and spoke 5 languages.

They were revolutionaries.

Aye, that they were. I wish I could have talked with your grandparents, too. They sound like my kind of people.

Nice upgrade on the avatar. I like the "angry Kool-aid" look.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:42 am

Quote:
When you're seasick, don't puke into the wind!
:giggle:

You are so right, perhaps we are thinking too big in terms of revolutionery actions. One thing is for sure, your grandparents are heros and heroines, shame we don't have such role models in the spotlight these days.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:17 am

Quote:
You are so right, perhaps we are thinking too big in terms of revolutionery actions. One thing is for sure, your grandparents are heros and heroines, shame we don't have such role models in the spotlight these days.

I had a talk with my son a while back.
I told him to honor his ancestry, to look from where he came.
I said; "you come from warriors, Grand parents, Great Grandparents were all warriors. Good stock. (Both sides) I shared the history. Humble, honest, strong warriors. And yes they all stood shoulder to shoulder. (crying as I write this)"

I heard one day in my ear- "Walk Tall, remember who you are".
My hope is to pass this on to my son.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:25 pm
Site Admin

Here is a very revealing article on group think, our natural conformity that has been turned into a weapon and used against us by our natural predators, the sociopaths.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:30 pm

Common good? Identifying sociopathic systems is cookoo? Constitution erosion? Liberty? Bankers? The military? Fascism? Collectivism? Statism? Liberalism? Conservatism?
Its completely absurd. And people are divided on this? The real reason is people have Sold themselves out. For a delusion of comfort, or who knows what. Does anyone have a Soul? What about the future? Your children? Our Species?

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
And people are divided on this?

I agree with your whole post, Mags. It is mind boggling that as humans we find ourselves so embedded in this insane asylum. I am known as the "sociopath" guy because I use the word so often, yet all I am doing is trying to identify the real source of our immense problems. If I could find another source, I would use another word. But in my ceaseless quest, no other word matches the preponderance of evidence. A thousands years ago, I might have been limited to calling that source "witches and sorcerers", or maybe just "evil", but we know more about human psychology today (or do we) and have more precise terms to work with. But regardless of the words we use, it is clear that we have some really warped individuals amongst us (the Ruby group springs to mind) who think there is nothing wrong with them.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:20 pm
Site Admin

This is great stuff! It is a tightly focused spotlight on the common good, or you might say the common wealth. :lol:

The video below is a landmark revelation of the deception and manipulation the ruling sociopaths exercise over the apathetically grazing sheeple (that's us). It shows how one sheep tenaciously challenged the system designed to control us, and how, by uniting against the shadowy enslavers of humanity, people can regain the freedom that is their natural right.

It's basically about united people.

What the FUQ?

Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next