Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
SCIENCE SET FREE! 

Post SCIENCE SET FREE!
In this video, British biologist Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, one of the world's most innovative scientists, describes how science is being constricted by unexamined assumptions. Some of these are that all of reality is material or physical; the world is just a machine; nature is purposeless; free will is an illusion; God is just an idea which exists in human minds which are just electrochemical processes.

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:30 am
Site Admin

Post Re: SCIENCE SET FREE!
Question everything, dismiss nothing. When science is set free, that's what it does. Sheldrake is right to question the basic assumptions of traditional science. Those assumptions keep us from thinking "outside the box" because they define the box. Nice find, Andy!

The ten assumptions Sheldrake suggests questioning:

1. The world is a mechanical machine.
  2. Matter is unconscious.
  3. The laws of nature are fixed, never changing.
  4. The total amount of matter and energy is always the same.
  5. There is no purpose or direction to evolution.
  6. Biological inheritance is material.
  7. Memories are stored as material traces inside the brain.
  8. The mind is inside the head.
  9. Psychic phenomena are illusory.
  10. Mechanistic medicine is the only kind that really works.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 am

More of the same, but from a different angle!

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Humans Need Not Apply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU#t=15

Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:31 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Humans Need Not Apply

Remember The Matrix? Its most basic story is the machine world subsuming the human world. The only function left for humans is as a power source to nourish the machines. Human minds are deceived and manipulated from birth into living in a virtual fantasy world modeled after a moment in human history. The machines are the masters, and the humans are the slaves, all while falsely believing they are free. What we have with The Matrix is the triumph of mechanized sociopathy.

But as the unempathetic Architect so eloquently expresses, even that system has unavoidable systemic anomalies.

The brilliance of The Matrix cannot be underestimated. If the movie had been created by machines and not humans, then I would say we are doomed. But aren't humans just biological machines? Sociopaths certainly seem to be. Empathy appears to be the only saving grace that life, a biological machine, has in its favor. Without empathy, life would consume itself in the excesses of competitive evolution. The danger of that is within easy reach in a nuclear age run by sociopaths.

Perhaps empathy is the anomaly. Perhaps Neo is the representation of empathy.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:14 pm

Quote:
What we have with The Matrix is the triumph of mechanized sociopathy.

This is quite true an inevitability. If you can withhold who man is, fate will indubitably take over.

Quote:
Perhaps empathy is the anomaly.

I disagree, I believe empathy can be quantified by the "Machine" therefor predictable. In one sense, empathy is the predetermined resource to continue the psychopathic agenda. That is, it uses mans innate feelings of empathy against him. So, to just further distill your point, one must know how sociological sociopath engineers think, to help reduce the amount of control you are under.

While empathy is a needed component, it again brings back to the reference, "its in how they way you use it."

To fight the control, one must learn this martial art.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:36 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
I disagree, I believe empathy can be quantified by the "Machine" therefor predictable.

Interesting counterpoint. To some degree, everything can be quantified, like love, compassion, shame, justice, and responsibility. Yet many people will argue that these things cannot be quantified with any real accuracy. Who is right? Can sociopaths quantify empathy when it is alien to them?

magamud wrote:
In one sense, empathy is the predetermined resource to continue the psychopathic agenda.

This is like saying con-artists rely on the gullibility of their victims. True, they do to some extent, but they also rely on their own skills of deception and manipulation. Gullibility is not the whole story, far from it. Even if you wish to argue that gullibility is the primary story (i.e. the victim is at fault for the crime), the argument still breaks down. Sociopaths cannot understand the complexity that is behind that gullibility, nor do they need to in order to take advantage of it. The complexity behind the gullibility is ultimately based on trust, which is itself derived from empathy, the sociopath's weak point. Of course, sociopaths see their lack of empathy as their strength, since it allows them to prey on the trusting among us.

magamud wrote:
That is, it uses mans innate feelings of empathy against him.

Like any life form, sociopaths take advantage of their surrounding environment (in ways that align with their internal environment). They are surrounded by trusting, compassionate, responsible, honest, empathetic humans -- their opposites, in other words. When evil is surrounded by good, what does it do? It pretends to be good, and uses that deception to perform evil. Are they using our good against us? Not exactly. They are using their evil against us.

magamud wrote:
So, to just further distill your point, one must know how sociological sociopath engineers think, to help reduce the amount of control you are under.

I agree. Knowledge is power. Power can be used for good or for evil.

magamud wrote:
To fight the control, one must learn this martial art.

I agree, it is like a martial art. A martial art can be employed to advance good or evil. The psychology of the practitioner is the deciding factor. In the current case of the human condition, the critical component that is the center point around which the psychology revolves is empathy.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:41 pm

Quote:
Can sociopaths quantify empathy when it is alien to them?

So easily, as to why the philanthropic NGO's of the late 19th century were slated as pillars/Towers for our current system and 911 was a symbol of its end. Thats because they are behaviorist. And how much time do you think they have in predicting our behavior? Hmmm? Don't you know, your in a time of change, but if you are arguing the small percentage of chance that is possible, you are preaching to the choir. But keep in mind Rumsfeld is very aware of known unknowns.

Quote:
the argument still breaks down. Sociopaths cannot understand the complexity that is behind that gullibility, nor do they need to in order to take advantage of it.

I admire your optimism, but I think you are vastly underestimating the power of Eugenics. We see it as sociopathy, but the sociopaths see themselves as Darwins prodigy.

Getting humans to see what is sociopathy will free us, but to understand sociopathy you must understand how it works. One would need to factor in time travel for that.

Quote:
Are they using our good against us? Not exactly. They are using their evil against us.

I don't mind conversation, but this is semantics. There is no difference between the two.

Quote:
Power can be used for good or for evil.

Most of the time one does not know how his end will come, what it will produce. As to why antiquity references action similar to planting seeds and bearing fruit.

Quote:
the critical component that is the center point around which the psychology revolves is empathy.

I get what your saying, but if empathy is being used by sociopaths, would not the reverse of empathy be as such importance? Of course it would. And how would man, unsure of his empathy be able to receive this type of information? Would not sociopaths try to stop empaths from developing boundaries? How hard is it for empaths to draw boundaries? Don't we see empaths always projecting drama to use someone to con their denial? Of course they would. Peta? Human rights. Ethics. We see it with the current race war. My skin color is the symbol for oppression. My religion is mine. My culture is mine. It would be so important to develop long standing belief systems such as empathy to be then, used against us. How could someone oppose thousands of years of tradition? Oppose their own skin color?

Complete herding of our population, to calorie count, reproduction and education.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:15 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
And how much time do you think they have in predicting our behavior? Hmmm?

Of course they predict our behavior, and they are quite good at it. But their success is due to observation, not understanding. They cannot understand empathy because it is alien to them. But they can observe the behavior of empathetic human beings and even anticipate that behavior, when the behavior is repetitive.

magamud wrote:
Chicodoodoo wrote:
the argument still breaks down. Sociopaths cannot understand the complexity that is behind that gullibility, nor do they need to in order to take advantage of it.

I admire your optimism, but I think you are vastly underestimating the power of Eugenics. We see it as sociopathy, but the sociopaths see themselves as Darwins prodigy.

Sociopaths also do not understand the complexity that is behind eugenics, but again, they don't need to in order to benefit from it. That also means they can easily be bitten in the ass by eugenics (and gullibility) when they make a mistake due to their lack of real understanding.

And yes, sociopaths use Darwin's theories (characterized by "survival of the fittest") to justify their selfishness and egotism. They rationalize their deviancy as an advantage, which it can be under certain circumstances. It can also be a disaster under different circumstances.

magamud wrote:
Getting humans to see what is sociopathy will free us, but to understand sociopathy you must understand how it works. One would need to factor in time travel for that.

Why must we factor in time travel? I find that understanding empathy and all that derives from it, and understanding that sociopaths lack empathy and all that derives from it, is quite adequate to understand the how and why of sociopathic behavior.

magamud wrote:
Chicodoodoo wrote:
Are they using our good against us? Not exactly. They are using their evil against us.

I don't mind conversation, but this is semantics. There is no difference between the two.

:lol: :lol: Words are semantics. Good and evil are words. There is a difference between them. They have opposite meanings. I remember Bill Ryan arguing with me that there is no difference between good and evil. Sociopaths can easily argue this lacking a moral sense. I realize the definitions of good and evil are subjective, and I assume a mostly human centric perspective when defining them (specifically a human with empathy).

magamud wrote:
I get what your saying, but if empathy is being used by sociopaths, would not the reverse of empathy be as such importance? Of course it would. And how would man, unsure of his empathy be able to receive this type of information? Would not sociopaths try to stop empaths from developing boundaries? How hard is it for empaths to draw boundaries? Don't we see empaths always projecting drama to use someone to con their denial? Of course they would. Peta? Human rights. Ethics. We see it with the current race war. My skin color is the symbol for oppression. My religion is mine. My culture is mine. It would be so important to develop long standing belief systems such as empathy to be then, used against us. How could someone oppose thousands of years of tradition? Oppose their own skin color?

Complete herding of our population, to calorie count, reproduction and education.

Sorry, you lost me completely there. :?

Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Science set free.

Quote:
Sorry, you lost me completely there.

I was giving you a social engineering technique using empathy against itself. You were referencing B. Ryan and semantics and that you just use a empathic platform to read your reality. Man knowing how his empathy was used against him could not be more important. We are very dynamic beings, any laws will inhibit our ability to free associate, any dogmas, any jurisdiction, any prejudice. There is very little free will because we have been so well studied.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next