Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
The American who quit money 

Post The American who quit money
I heard about this man several years back and found his blog. Daniel Suelo is in the news these days:

His personal blog:

http://sites.google.com/site/livingwithoutmoney/

His road blog:

http://zerocurrency.blogspot.ca/

The book "The man who quit money" by Mark Sundeen:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Man-Who-Quit- ... 1594485690

Recent BBC Story:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17762033

Q & A with Daniel:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:36 am

Post Re: The American who quit money
VERY cool read....

Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:13 am
Site Admin

I happen to read Daniel Suelo's blog from time to time, and I have for several years. His latest blog is very impressive and a very good indicator of the depth of this "poor" man. He is at the front of the revolution, but you don't have to be exactly like him to participate. So what can we do?

How about the "Top 5 Ways to Practice Non-Conformity in the Matrix"? I'm already doing all five. Monetary non-conformity is indeed the number one way to impact the ruling sociopaths. Money is their weapon of choice. They control the creation of money, and they use it to buy our cooperation to help them prepare our own demise. So why should I support them in their effort to subjugate and enslave me? To avoid paying any taxes to the criminals in Washington D.C., I've changed my lifestyle, deliberately cutting my income to below the poverty level. I will keep it there for the rest of my life, or until the criminals are brought to justice. I hardly ever buy things in a store. Most of my purchases are made at garage sales, I buy second-hand goods, and I trade with friends. I often scavenge raw materials, like used lumber, by keeping my eyes open for things others throw away, like an old wooden deck I found in an empty field and disassembled. Money is the tool used to enslave us -- the less we use it, the freer we are.

And how about boycotting the government? It is not really a government. It is a business. It is a tool used to make us dependent on government. One way to fight back is to avoid doing business with the government. The gun makers are learning that lesson, according to the article. The public had better learn it too, and fast. I'm already there. If the government will benefit from any work I do, I won't do it. I don't care how much they offer to pay me, the answer is NO. And I've had that philosophy for several decades.

Needless to say, the government does not approve of me. The feeling is mutual.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:35 am
Site Admin

Quote:
What a pity. What a waste of life. It is so sad.

But, he was not the only one killing himself in the relentless pursuit of money. This is the case with most of us. Either we are too engrossed in hoarding the stacks of money, or running after it like a dog chasing its own tail. In the haste and frenzy of making money, there is no time to relax and enjoy the beauties of life.

Of course, unless one is a member of the “Non-Working Class”, one needs to work to make a living. Money provides the means to support whatever plans or purposes one may have in life. Naturally, the objective should have been to enjoy the life. But, the things end up upside down, and the life goes down the gutter when making the money becomes the objective, and the sole purpose for living.

This is the betrayal of life. And, it is amazing to see how many are fully devoted to butchering their own lives at the altar of money. Not realizing that the life is too short – It ends quite abruptly while one is still in the hot pursuit of money. -- source

I used to argue with my brother about the dangerous effect money has on our lives. He never wanted to hear it, because he agreed with his fellow co-workers that "It's all about the money." Today, my brother is a millionaire, having inherited all of our father's estate. My sister and I got nothing. My brother felt just a twinge of guilt about getting it all, so he offered my sister and me about 5% of the fortune each, paid out over five years, making it very clear that he didn't have to give us anything.

I refused the offer and washed my hands of my brother. I elected to put my money where my mouth is when it comes to dealing with sociopaths -- expose them and disengage.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]