Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
UK Energy Prices to Rise Again 

Post UK Energy Prices to Rise Again
Hi Everybody,

There'll be an even chillier wind next winter in the UK as fuel prices are expected to rise another 20% for the end user. That'll mean on average another 20 pounds a month on fuel bills.

Of course we know that heating costs aren't an average expenditure throughout the year in the UK, demand increases over the winter months, so it could mean that domestic heating bills could rise around 50 or 60 pounds per month during those winter months. I think families will have to share their houses to reduce the cost of heating two houses to only one (not the first time I've known that to happen!).

Prepare your fur lined jockstraps there guys! Oh, and your wallets!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/314 ... ergy-bills

Best regards.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:01 am

Post Re: UK Energy Prices to Rise Again
Doom! Seriously thinking about living on a narrowboat, so many positives, not least cos you can drink n drive ;)

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:58 am

Hi nongeneration,

I lived on a cruiser on the Grande Union Canal just on the outskirts of Watford in 1980-ish. Good times, hard times but good times.

I said in a different thread that I'm planning on living in a Landrover or narrow boat (well, boat) when I get back to the homeland. I think keeping a large house when you're on your own with no kids (they'll be grown up) is a bit of a waste.

However, look in to mooring costs and taxes as I understand them to be exhorbitant these days and since I was there, rules have changed where you can stop on the canal. I think it's now a maximum of two days and you have to prove that you're in transit.

If you manage to do it before years end, let me know your trials and tribulations as I'll be able to learn from them.

Best regards.

Doom! Seriously thinking about living on a narrowboat, so many positives, not least cos you can drink n drive ;)

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:43 pm

How cool!

Yes, I'm also thinking of Grand Union Canal but a little market town around an hour from London by train - want out of the rat race.

You can get residential moorings from anything from £1,500 to £2K per year then - paid quarterly but it's doable to pay all in one go then the only thing you need to worry about are bills - you can a parking space usually too plus some have little centres with cafes, loos and laundry.

You wouldn't need it but for novices you can go on a helman's course for something like £130.

Definitely let you know if I've canal legs by end of the year. Was thinking of looking for one in the water months, Jan/Feb, probably easier to pick up a bargain then for someone who wants fast cash.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]