Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
I Didn't Know that the UK was so Literate 

Post I Didn't Know that the UK was so Literate
Hi Everybody,

Preparing yourself for price hikes is one thing, I have done it frequently myself, especially during the hyper inflation years when prices went up every fortnight by 50%, but the latest craze to come out of the UK has suprised me.

People are panic buying postage stamps! I didn't even know that there were that many literate people in the UK!

Okay, the rise in price for a stamp is going to be 30% first class and 38% second, but to try and buy out the sub post office of stamps is stretching it a bit.

It used to be the case that in the UK the value of the stamp was printed on it's face. Nowadays it seems that Royal Mail just put "1st" or "2nd" on the stamps to identify the price paid. Surely if they resorted to putting the price on the stamp this would avoid unnecessary hoarding or panic buying.

The people that let their emotions run amok to drive them to panic buy stamps are,of course, now obliged to write some letters.

Personally I'm still waiting for some things from the UK, which up until this point don't seem to have been sent in the post. Hopefully they will send them before the higher prices kick in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -rise.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... osses.html

Best regards.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:43 am

Post Re: I Didn't Know that the UK was so Literate
Ha ha, the people likely to be panic buying stamps are the ones that complain about their broken toilet to the council every other day.

What a joke - whatever class stamp you put on it, if it's not obviously business post, your letter will be received a week later. Royal mail is now just a farce.

Yet another once outstanding public institution, privatised and ruined.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]