Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste 

Post Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste
Hi Everybody,

Love him or hate him, George Soros is a shrewd guy. He knows his stuff. So recently he said that the way things are going, the Eurozone is going to enter in to a depression.

Having lived below the breadline and also having lived through a fragile monetary policy (hyper inflation), I know that there will be many opportunities for entrepeneurs who wish to make their mark.

Nothing is easy and it will be a hard slog over the next few years in Europe, but I'm sure on the other side, just as in Russia and China, there will be many millionaires out there!

It's a case of looking, learning and filling market gaps, perhaps even taking a risk or two.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012 ... one-crisis

Already the monied are looking to capitalise...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/04/1 ... HD20120413

Minor share holders could also get a look in.

Best regards.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:14 pm

Post Re: Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste
I was just thinking about Greece and Spain.
It is all so complex. Many will find ways to cash in I'm sure.
Solutions? Who knows. At what cost?

The problem for me is that I just want to detach, and live a simple life.
I just want a roof overhead, food on the table, good friends, family, neighbors and community to help each other.
When did things become so complicated?

Maybe Iceland is the answer.

Iceland forgives mortgage debt of its population

The government of Iceland has forgiven the mortgage debt for much of its population. This nation chose a very different way of stopping the crisis from the rest of European countries. It decided to hear the requests of the population and to put politicians and bankers on the bench of the accused three years after their financial excesses would sank one of the most prosperous economies in 2008.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi Oh Yeah!,

I agree with you totally. We make our own reality.

Everything has it's time to happen. Just as the SAS in the UK, "Who dares, wins".

For me, for example, as long as I have a place to sleep safely I don't need a mansion. I'm planning to live in a Land Rover (or narrow boat) over the next year or so. Being 'socially' accepted? I don't care as long as I am okay. As long as we're conscient and in control, we make the suit according to the cloth. In my case the easiest thing I could do is stay where I am as I live very well.

However, I have this need to adventure even more and I can only do this when my back is against the wall, even though this 'back against the wall' is self inflicted.

I'm fed up of people who are scared of what the neighbours might say! We can see this even on the forums.

At the end of the day, if you reduce your expenses and invest wisely today, tomorrow you will not only respect honest values, you will never be scared of living in a tent!

Priorities in their right place. Nothing more and nothing less. We decide what we do and are! :D

Best regards.

Oh Yeah! wrote:
I was just thinking about Greece and Spain.
It is all so complex. Many will find ways to cash in I'm sure.
Solutions? Who knows. At what cost?

The problem for me is that I just want to detach, and live a simple life.
I just want a roof overhead, food on the table, good friends, family, neighbors and community to help each other.
When did things become so complicated?

Maybe Iceland is the answer.

Iceland forgives mortgage debt of its population

The government of Iceland has forgiven the mortgage debt for much of its population. This nation chose a very different way of stopping the crisis from the rest of European countries. It decided to hear the requests of the population and to put politicians and bankers on the bench of the accused three years after their financial excesses would sank one of the most prosperous economies in 2008.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:43 pm

Good for you guys!

Agree 100%

Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Speaking of Iceland:

The President Of Iceland Tells Us How He Had The Balls To Stand Up To Britain

The president of Iceland sits in his study drinking tea from an immaculate china set.
"If a collapse in the financial sector can bring one of the most stable and secure democracies and political structures to his knees as happened in Iceland," Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson says to me, "then what could it do in countries that have less stable democratic and political history?"
The tiny country is unique not only in its stunning geography but also in its open democracy. This democracy was pivotal in the choice to let three giant banks fail during the financial crisis.

http://www.businessinsider.com/olafur-r ... z1sD5gEieL

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:07 pm

Oh Yeah! wrote:
Speaking of Iceland:

The President Of Iceland Tells Us How He Had The Balls To Stand Up To Britain

The president of Iceland sits in his study drinking tea from an immaculate china set.
"If a collapse in the financial sector can bring one of the most stable and secure democracies and political structures to his knees as happened in Iceland," Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson says to me, "then what could it do in countries that have less stable democratic and political history?"
The tiny country is unique not only in its stunning geography but also in its open democracy. This democracy was pivotal in the choice to let three giant banks fail during the financial crisis.

http://www.businessinsider.com/olafur-r ... z1sD5gEieL

All anyone has to do is look at Ireland and look at Iceland. I feel for the Irish....Beautiful people shit upon by their leaders.... Much like I feel for the African people subject to despots.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]