Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Gold and Silver are the Answer 

Post Gold and Silver are the Answer
Hi Everybody,

After reading an article in this morning's Telegraph Online I came to two conclusions.

Firstly that the problems in the Eurozone are going to really kick off soon and materialize even more 'in your face' as they already are and secondly that people who invest in precious metals are begining to 'see the light' with loads of selling off paper gold and an incredible increase in the buying of physical gold.

I myself am a small investor of physical silver - gold's poorer cousin - and, despite the fact that silver recently has taken a pounding in terms of drop in dollar value, it's still all good from where I am, expecting it to follow suit on gold (if not out perform) this year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/pers ... fears.html

Of course you shouldn't go all in with your chips with gold and silver, just enough to keep you out of the smelly when eventually it hits the fan.

Best regards.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:11 am

Post Re: Gold and Silver are the Answer
Have to agree with you Grumplebum, or is it Grumblebum, lol....

I too have done the research into Gold and Silver. Upon several personal recommendations, I bought more silver than gold. I don't intend trading it, just to hold for 10 years or more when I might need it to add to my coffers when I become completely senile! (Hope I remember where I put it, lol). I also advise just to buy a small amount, ya never know what laws will be brought in (like in the 1930's depression, when everyone was 'supposed' to hand in their gold for a government certificate, pffft,,,,yeah sure).

If you buy gold and silver, be sure to hold it physically, not on paper. Find a good hidy hole for it, buried somewhere ingenious that only you know where it is. Not in your home.

Buy some coins, not so expensive or some silver ingots. Just $100 can buy a bit of silver that may skyrocket in years to come. Gold is a bit exxy these days - $1600 an oz last time I looked.

I am no economic guru or financial expert, so do your own research.

Just advising what I've done personally and backing up Mr or Ms Grumblebum here.

Cheers,
Lily

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:42 am

Hi Lily de Cuir

It's Mr. Grumplebum :lol:

I wouldn't buy silver in any other way. Buying gold sounds expensive, but gold is gold and if don't have enough to buy one ounce, buy half, or a gramme (it's easier to hide).

By the way, I buy flakes or drops recuperated from photographic or X-Ray equipment which makes it .999 pure. Also here where I live there is an exagerated secondary market (from the times of hyper-inflation) which makes things a wee bit cheaper - no tax.

As Olivia Newton John sang:

Let's get physical, physical
I wanna get physical
Let's get into physical (silver and gold!)

Best regards.

Have to agree with you Grumplebum, or is it Grumblebum, lol....

I too have done the research into Gold and Silver. Upon several personal recommendations, I bought more silver than gold. I don't intend trading it, just to hold for 10 years or more when I might need it to add to my coffers when I become completely senile! (Hope I remember where I put it, lol). I also advise just to buy a small amount, ya never know what laws will be brought in (like in the 1930's depression, when everyone was 'supposed' to hand in their gold for a government certificate, pffft,,,,yeah sure).

If you buy gold and silver, be sure to hold it physically, not on paper. Find a good hidy hole for it, buried somewhere ingenious that only you know where it is. Not in your home.

Buy some coins, not so expensive or some silver ingots. Just $100 can buy a bit of silver that may skyrocket in years to come. Gold is a bit exxy these days - $1600 an oz last time I looked.

I am no economic guru or financial expert, so do your own research.

Just advising what I've done personally and backing up Mr or Ms Grumblebum here.

Cheers,
Lily

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:45 am

Precious metals should be part of any well balanced portfolio and as said, the physical stuff is not the same as paper tender for metals.

My own efforts consist of a pantry stacked with soap and canned goods, water, grains and legumes, real estate in 3 seperate and distinct areas, a business that generates an income and precious metals...

I try to hold the minimum amount of dollars because they are worthless. We need them today but any large position in the dollar is risky because there is nothing backing it.
I like Silver also: It has more utiity than Gold, i.e. there might be a lot more gold in the world than we think, but silver is always needed industrially as well as a presious metal. Copper is also good because it has the opposite problem: industrially it rocks but does not do much as a precious metal.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi dsimon,

I tend to reflect what you are saying. Paper money I keep to the minimum (my neighbours think I'm tight fisted!). Silver I like to buy the industrial 'flakes' which are .999.

I use my credit cards (very rarely) as long as they don't try to give me interest to pay. Just as you, as a self employed business man, as I imagine you are because of what you say, I understand that we don't always have the life that we want.

However, tell me if the life we have is not under our own steam. One thing I can tell you is that we, you and I, make our furure and we are the future.

I think I remember you from Atticus.

Best regards.

dsimon3387 wrote:
Precious metals should be part of any well balanced portfolio and as said, the physical stuff is not the same as paper tender for metals.

My own efforts consist of a pantry stacked with soap and canned goods, water, grains and legumes, real estate in 3 seperate and distinct areas, a business that generates an income and precious metals...

I try to hold the minimum amount of dollars because they are worthless. We need them today but any large position in the dollar is risky because there is nothing backing it.
I like Silver also: It has more utiity than Gold, i.e. there might be a lot more gold in the world than we think, but silver is always needed industrially as well as a presious metal. Copper is also good because it has the opposite problem: industrially it rocks but does not do much as a precious metal.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:46 pm

Grumplebum wrote:
Hi dsimon,

I tend to reflect what you are saying. Paper money I keep to the minimum (my neighbours think I'm tight fisted!). Silver I like to buy the industrial 'flakes' which are .999.

I use my credit cards (very rarely) as long as they don't try to give me interest to pay. Just as you, as a self employed business man, as I imagine you are because of what you say, I understand that we don't always have the life that we want.

However, tell me if the life we have is not under our own steam. One thing I can tell you is that we, you and I, make our furure and we are the future.

I think I remember you from Atticus.

Best regards.

dsimon3387 wrote:

I am "David" at atticus. Absolutely. You have freedom and believe it or not the elites have people striving to buy more toys but.... simply generating enough income passively to support a family is something 95% of the people have not attained. That is a shame....I believe that one has to have a business, securities (gold, stocks, etc) and property and that generating income between these three things makes one self sufficient. The mistake people make is to try to "save" for retirement. Most saving vehicles you save for the IRS :lol: not your retirement.

This also gives me the power to exerscize benevolence. I am most proud that I put up a child care worker in San FRancisco until her retirement...I charged her a mere 800 a month on a place that was worth twice as much. I was more than happy to do it and she was able to live worry free.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]