Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Sacred Economics 

Post Sacred Economics
This one is really too simple. Too good to be true. ;) We need to move beyond the ego-based economy. Meynard Keynes, Adam Smith, Thomas Hobbes, please guys, get real! The divide and conquer economy based on ego's running after a 10 $ salary raise... Thick necks only getting thicker! LGSTN, Let Go Stupid Thick Neck! Your smile means someone elses death. In the domain of economics, we progress by exploring the opposite direction, avoid mainstream, thinking out-of the box, inside- out or upside-down, whatever.... Consider sacred economics and the gift economy. Small is beautifull.. Let go your egositic universe; you've taken too much space and oxygen! In sacred economics we put the other at the first place! Welcome to the new economy of the United People! How simple, how beautifull!

Last edited by skippy on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:11 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: sacred economics
Money is the tool the controllers use to enslave us. For humans to base their decisions on money is absurd. Decisions should really be made based on the impact the decisions make on the common good. This is only common sense. What is common sense, you might ask? Many people today are only familiar with common propaganda, which by design has replaced common sense.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Post Re: Sacred Economics
Below a recent message from Charles to his followers of his work on Sacred Economics: :geek:

Hello everyone,

I've been feeling a lot of urgency to get Sacred Economics circulating as widely as possible. We are nearing that golden moment where one story, one system, disintegrates, and the space is clear for a new one to be born. The awareness is growing that "This isn't working any more." The (artificial) debt-ceiling "crisis" is evidence of this breakdown, as are the London riots, the (real) debt crisis in Italy and Spain, the gyrations of the stock market... While the ideas in Sacred Economics are still outside the pale of political discourse, when conditions change, the radical becomes commonsense. And these ideas are not even really that radical -- they embody, simply and directly, our new-found understanding of interconnectedness and love for Earth. A gentle transition -- one that does not necessitate billions of casualties -- is still possible, for much natural and cultural wealth remains on earth that has not yet been liquidated into money. If we don't make the shift this time, the next opportunity will not be so gentle.

Accordingly, I would like to ask all of you a simple favor, but an important one: to go to your local independent bookstore (if one still exists in your town) and ask them to stock Sacred Economics. This book was launched in a hurry, thanks to the good graces of my publisher, without much advance publicity and sales. Most independent bookstores have therefore not heard of it. They need to hear of it from you. That way, people who have never heard of me or read The Ascent of Humanity will be able to find it as they browse. Also, you will be supporting your local bookstore. I hope that enough people read the book to implant its ideas in the collective consciousness, so that when the moment arrives (and it will arrive soon), those ideas can become reality.

If you haven't read it yet, you can order through your local bookstore -- that is better than Amazon. But even if you have a copy already, you can still ask them to stock it. Show them the book -- it has great shelf appeal. You can also mention that it will be featured as the cover story of Ode Magazine next month.

In gratitude,

Charles

P.s. In September I'll be speaking in Westport, New Haven, Baltimore, Harrisburg, L.A., Long Beach, and Ojai. I'll be putting the details on my website, but more and more I'll be using facebook and twitter to post new events, interviews, videos, new writings, etc. I'm ceisenstein on twitter.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]