Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
The Curse of the Withholding Tax 

Post The Curse of the Withholding Tax
Did you have to write out a check to the IRS for $5,581 this past April 15? If you had to do such a thing next year, would you think of it as your civic duty or would you consider it a crime that only the government could get away with?

A Typical Taxpayer

This figure of $5,581 is not an arbitrary one. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, real median household income was $43,318 for 2002 and 2003. A taxpayer with an income of that amount who was single with no children would, after his standard deduction of $4,850 and his personal exemption of $3,100, owe $5,581 in federal income tax for tax year 2004. If this same taxpayer was married and his spouse did not work, he would be entitled to an extra personal exemption, thus lowering his tax liability to $3,399—still a huge sum for most Americans to come up with.

more;
http://mises.org/daily/1797

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:31 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: The Curse of the Withholding Tax
What if everybody learned to live on as little money as possible? It can be done. I should know, because I'm doing it. In my case, if I earn under $9,500, I pay no federal or state income tax (due to the $5800 standard deduction and the $3700 personal exemption). Since my son still lives with me, there's another personal exemption (for one more year, anyway), which pushes it up to $13,200.

I've been deliberately earning under that threshold for a number of years now. It's the only legal way I can find to oppose the criminals running the government. For me, it is no sacrifice whatsoever. In fact, it feels like being free, and that's an incredible feeling. My time is my own. Many people cannot even fathom such a concept. All they know is obligation. And obligation is slavery.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:52 pm

What if everybody learned to live on as little money as possible? It can be done. I should know, because I'm doing it. In my case, if I earn under $9,500, I pay no federal or state income tax (due to the $5800 standard deduction and the $3700 personal exemption). Since my son still lives with me, there's another personal exemption (for one more year, anyway), which pushes it up to $13,200.

I've been deliberately earning under that threshold for a number of years now. It's the only legal way I can find to oppose the criminals running the government. For me, it is no sacrifice whatsoever. In fact, it feels like being free, and that's an incredible feeling. My time is my own. Many people cannot even fathom such a concept. All they know is obligation. And obligation is slavery.

I'm working on it.

:lol:

Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:18 am

Obama Tax Return

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/04/13/ ... d%3D151798

Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:52 am
Site Admin

Oh Yeah! wrote:
I'm working on it.

No, you're right, there is a lot of work to do to get free of the "system" (or should we say the con-game). It takes time and dedicated effort.

Getting out of debt is the big one. You have to be debt free. That means you quit buying new cars, and all other big-ticket items that really are not necessary. You learn to never borrow money. You never owe on a credit card. You learn to buy everything used. You learn to repair things on your own. You learn to shop garage sales, and you learn to negotiate and barter. You cancel unneeded services to lower your monthly bills to the bare minimum. You cancel newspapers, magazines, cable TV, phone services, trash pickup services, nearly everything, until all that's left to pay is food, gasoline, utilities, and taxes.

And you learn to be patient. There's no more instant gratification that involves money. You want instant gratification? Breathe deeply. How can you ask for more.... Now notice how rich you are when you can partake in the true luxuries of life, like quenching your thirst with spring water, satisfying your hunger with simple foods, feeling the warmth of the sun, and enjoying a peaceful sleep in a cozy bed.

Now you're really living.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:56 am

Oh Yeah! wrote:
I'm working on it.

No, you're right, there is a lot of work to do to get free of the "system" (or should we say the con-game). It takes time and dedicated effort.

Getting out of debt is the big one. You have to be debt free. That means you quit buying new cars, and all other big-ticket items that really are not necessary. You learn to never borrow money. You never owe on a credit card. You learn to buy everything used. You learn to repair things on your own. You learn to shop garage sales, and you learn to negotiate and barter. You cancel unneeded services to lower your monthly bills to the bare minimum. You cancel newspapers, magazines, cable TV, phone services, trash pickup services, nearly everything, until all that's left to pay is food, gasoline, utilities, and taxes.

And you learn to be patient. There's no more instant gratification that involves money. You want instant gratification? Breathe deeply. How can you ask for more.... Now notice how rich you are when you can partake in the true luxuries of life, like quenching your thirst with spring water, satisfying your hunger with simple foods, feeling the warmth of the sun, and enjoying a peaceful sleep in a cozy bed.

Now you're really living.

Have you canceled your internet provider yet?

Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:00 am
Site Admin

Oh Yeah! wrote:
Obama Tax Return

Most of his income is illegal, hidden, and off the books. He could care less about the pocket change reported on his tax form by his Chicago accountant. He didn't sell his soul for that ridiculously low price!

Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:02 am
Site Admin

Oh Yeah! wrote:
Have you canceled your internet provider yet?

Hell no! But I negotiated a rate of $25 a month for 12 megabits per second, and we split that bill between three people.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:06 am

:giggle:

Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:14 am

the trick is to not show earned income. own your own business when possible. Also if you own your house? try to keep a high mortgage tally because this deduction with property tax is a great one. If you want to pay your mortgage, start a seperate account with the mortgage money and if you can earn about 4% interest, combined with the tax savings which equals 2% you can match the cost of interest on the mortgage. What this does is make it so that if you ever have an emergency you can have a whole surplus....what gets most people is that no matter how good your payment history if you miss about 3 payments you will get in trouble.

Work under the table when possible and remember when you own your own business you can deduct all your expenses that the person who gires you to be a slave deducts!

Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next