Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 36  Next
How they fool us 

Post Re: How they fool us
Quote:
Have you ever heard of gaslighting?
Gaslighting is a term which describes a form of mental abuse in which false information is presented with the intent of making a victim doubt his or her own memory, perception and sanity.
It’s a technique commonly employed by sociopaths.

Source

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:54 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Have you ever heard of gaslighting? It’s a technique commonly employed by sociopaths.

Great info, Mags! This is one technique I haven't really studied, but it is certainly appropriate to know now!

Quote:
Bringing up historical facts that seem largely accurate but contain minute, hard-to-prove distortions and using them to “prove” the correctness of one’s position is another method. Gaslighting is particularly effective when coupled with other tactics such as shaming and guilting. -- source

Zook just used this on me.

Quote:
Gaslighting is just one of the many weapons in the arsenal of personalities hell-bent on having their way, even if it means doing so by subtle and covert means of conning others. One of the most important points I make in all my articles, books, and other writings about the narcissistic and most especially, the aggressive personalities, is that they will do whatever it takes to secure and maintain a position of advantage over others. And some of the most effective means at their disposal are tactics that conceal their malevolent intent while simultaneously prompting their “target” to accede to their desires. -- source

Oh boy, have we witnessed this in Andy's tirades recently!

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:30 am

Social engineers give us belief, and then we give it meaning. They want us to create within it. Make their con real. We volunteer...

Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:15 pm
Site Admin

It's really important to know "how they fool us". This includes knowing how sociopaths play us on the forum level, as well as how the sociopaths play us on the global level (microcosm and macrocosm). Not surprisingly, the same techniques are used.

We've had a wonderful demonstration of sociopathic game-playing from Andy recently, which has been extremely beneficial in understanding the sociopathic mind. Zook makes regular contributions to this as well, and we should all be grateful for the opportunity to "watch and learn". I know that I have been feeling very blessed lately by all the exposure I've had to blatant, unmasked sociopathy. I've been getting a boatload of it here on the forums, and in another example of synchronicity popping into my life, I've also been getting a boatload of it in real life.

On the macrocosm level, consider the current on-going "mystery" of Flight 370. Whenever we are being sold a news event as a "mystery", you can be pretty sure the sociopaths are behind it. Remember the following?

These are all intelligence operations designed to deceive and manipulate the public. This is what the ruling sociopaths do, and they have very good criminal reasons for doing what they do, which they try to keep hidden. It's always about power and control, and money plays a major role in cementing that power and control.

With this in mind, consider the mysterious disappearance of Flight 370. What's the real story?

You can be sure the real story is not what we are being told. It almost never is.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:08 pm
Site Admin

Morpheus: Do you know what I'm talking about?

Neo: The Matrix?

Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is?

Counter-Intelligence: Shining a Light on Black Operations

Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:20 am

Chico drags my name into a post where he lists some false flag operations.

If that isn't gaslighting, it's gas something. Wot?

Pax

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:11 pm
Site Admin

Got hypocrisy?

Quote:
Community members did discover certain parallels between the issues of Kosovo and Crimea, especially the fact how the West endorsed the right of self-determination to certain groups while simultaneously denying it to others:

David Lewane, United States – Here again we see the famous US "double standard": the West itself set the precedent in the Balkans when it ripped out Kosovo, which was a part of Serbia and made it a NATO protectorate. -- source

Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Got hypocrisy?

Quote:
Community members did discover certain parallels between the issues of Kosovo and Crimea, especially the fact how the West endorsed the right of self-determination to certain groups while simultaneously denying it to others:

David Lewane, United States – Here again we see the famous US "double standard": the West itself set the precedent in the Balkans when it ripped out Kosovo, which was a part of Serbia and made it a NATO protectorate. -- source

Hypocrisy is only real if the underlying narrative that is arranged for mass consumption is real. But if it is not real, then the hypocrisy is not real, either ... but a natural expectation.

Brzezinski's alluded grand chessboard of geopolitics surrenders arguments of hypocrisy to the trash bin, because Kosovo and Crimea are both being done by design. Instead of the hypocrisy of a good side gone bad, we have the naked calculated raping and pillaging by a bankster empire using division and conquest and playing both sides of the chessboard.

Arguments of hypocrisy no doubt impress those that have no clue about the underlying narrative.

Pax

ps: It's a bit like the Democrats pouncing on a Republican scandal ... and vice versa ... with both parties being part of a false dichotomy and representing the interests of the banksters.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:03 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
Hypocrisy is only real if the underlying narrative that is arranged for mass consumption is real.

That's simply not true. Hypocrisy can be present even when dealing with appearances. It's a shame that you cannot escape your binary thinking and tendency to oversimplify.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:08 pm

UncleZook wrote:
Hypocrisy is only real if the underlying narrative that is arranged for mass consumption is real.

That's simply not true. Hypocrisy can be present even when dealing with appearances. It's a shame that you cannot escape your binary thinking and tendency to oversimplify.

Hypocrisy departs from a position of stated correctness ... and arrives at a practice of incorrectness.

If the overlaying narrative is stated as correct ... and practiced to the contrary ... then we have hypocrisy.

Fair enough.

The original state of correctness (whether true or not, and here, the overlaying narrative is untrue and differs from the true underlying narrative) ... has no bearing on the determination of hypocrisy.

I stand corrected.

Pax

ps: I actually intended to argue against feigned hypocrisy. From the perpetrators point of view, they could care less about issues of hypocrisy, after all, their mandate is to deceive. The charge of hypocrisy only affects those with moral inclination. Still, that's a a different argument than the one I made.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 36  Next