Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
The Curse of the Withholding Tax 

Post Re: The Curse of the Withholding Tax
Oh Yeah! wrote:
Only Little People Pay Taxes.

Why a janitor ends up with a higher tax rate than a millionaire, and seven more charts that show how the richest Americans beat the IRS.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/04 ... arts-graph

The Romans...during the time of Ceaser and before.... you could watch human beings kill each other, animals dismembered, etc.

Yet even the Romans did not levy taxes on earned income! A barbaric act! people who have to earn an income are the most vulnerable and the IRS has slowly and steadily been taking away jobs people do to survive. Now a waitress is just as impoverished as the dishwasher, etc.

And its not only the middle class, 60% of professional basketball players average the most earned income) are broke 5 years after the NBA..... Earning an income makes most people a bitch for the IRS. I always work for myself.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:29 pm
Site Admin

The income tax has a long and complicated history. Much of that history was back-channel, full of intrigue and criminality, and never made it into the history books.

It is important to note that the driving force behind the income tax was government spending for wars. Wars, like taxes, have a long and complicated history. Much of that history was back-channel, full of intrigue and criminality, and never made it into the history books.

The income tax, like war, is a major contributor to subtle but increasing slavery. Soldiers are slaves, just as the working man and woman is today.

The IRS published a chart summarizing the constant changes in the U.S. income tax laws. What's interesting is that you cannot truly understand it without reference to accurate inflation information, which not surprisingly does not exist. But here's a clue. In 1913, a penny would purchase what a dollar purchases today. So to understand 1913 dollar amounts, multiply by 100. The personal exemption in 1913 was $3000, which is equivalent to $300,000 today. That means if you earned less than the equivalent of $300,000 per year in 1913, you paid no income tax. So the great majority of Americans paid no income tax in 1913. If you earned the equivalent of between 2 and 50 million, you paid a 1% tax. Earnings over 50 million were taxed at 7%.

Yes, it was easy to sell Americans on the income tax in 1913, because it hardly affected anyone. And that was the start of our descent into financial slavery. If you look at where we are today, the very rich pay very little in taxes, and the main burden falls on the average American.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:01 pm

What is not taxed?

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Quote:
I always work for myself.

In the past, I worked for myself. I was happy then. (still happy now only less so)
Then I entered the job market which was a huge wake up call. The corruption was overwhelming to stifle my energy, my common sense, my ideas, my good intentions, my creativity, and my skills.
My hope is that soon I will be able to work for myself once again.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi Oh Yeah!,

It took a long time and David Icke for me to realise that when we work at a company, we need to work more than twenty times the value of our wage, or in other words, if we make $200 a week, to the employer we need to have created $4000 in wealth for them.

Knowing that makes me feel comfortable as I work for myself too and everything that I create I keep 100%. The parallel market is a great place to work. :)

Best regards.

Oh Yeah! wrote:
Quote:

In the past, I worked for myself. I was happy then. (still happy now only less so)
Then I entered the job market which was a huge wake up call. The corruption was overwhelming to stifle my energy, my common sense, my ideas, my good intentions, my creativity, and my skills.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Grumplebum wrote:
Hi Oh Yeah!,

It took a long time and David Icke for me to realise that when we work at a company, we need to work more than twenty times the value of our wage, or in other words, if we make $200 a week, to the employer we need to have created $4000 in wealth for them.

Knowing that makes me feel comfortable as I work for myself too and everything that I create I keep 100%. The parallel market is a great place to work. :)

Best regards.

Oh Yeah! wrote:
Quote:

Thanks Gbum (can I call you that?)
I'm working on it. When I worked for myself I had more control. We all got along, we understood each other and our roles. I encouraged my few employees to contribute, we were family. I appreciated and encouraged them. We were part of the community. After 15 years I had to move on.
Looking back, it was a beautiful thing. My hope is to do it again and get out of the crap trap I'm in now. What I have now is just a job, for a dysfunctional, delusional boss. I am working on it.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Yes. Why not? :)

Quote:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Grumplebum wrote:
Hi Oh Yeah!,

Best regards.

Oh Yeah! wrote:
Quote:

BINGO!!! exactly.

And....We now need two wage earners to support a household instead of one. Combine that info with chico's statement about taxation and things look very conspiritorial.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Oh Yeah! wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
I'm working on it. When I worked for myself I had more control. We all got along, we understood each other and our roles. I encouraged my few employees to contribute, we were family. I appreciated and encouraged them. We were part of the community. After 15 years I had to move on.
Looking back, it was a beautiful thing. My hope is to do it again and get out of the crap trap I'm in now. What I have now is just a job, for a dysfunctional, delusional boss. I am working on it.

My deepest sympathy, Oh Yeah. I too recently was forced to seek "gainful employment" after working for myself for many many years. It was debilitating to my body, my mind, my soul and my spirit. I was used and abused, built my employer's new business from scratch, beginning from 4 bare walls. This person spent an inordinate amount of money to buy a business which they had no clue how to operate, and hired me, who had years of previous experience in it, to train them and their other employees, who were also clueless.

All this for minimum wage and no overtime pay, and if I didn't like it? And working 8-12 hours per week over and above the 40 at minimum wage, and receiving only my regular hourly pay? My only option was to either shut up and do the job or quit. First the body gave out. Then my mind snapped out of it.

I quit.

Blessed relief.

I am in and out of doctor's offices, clinics, having blood work done, getting xrays, waiting for an ultra sound, and still don't actually know what's wrong with me, but I have a fight on my hands over and above my physical injuries because my former employer advised the "guvmint" and Worker's Comp that I "quit".

I certainly did quit. After it became necessary for me to take time off from work to seek out and pay for many chiropractic treatments out of pocket for the umpteenth time, as well as seek emergency medical assistance, and after being unable to get out of bed or move a muscle without excruciating pain due to an injury I sustained on the job!. Yes, I did quit my job.

It's still a blessed relief to be out of there, no matter what the financial and physical outcome of this is. No amount of pay is worth the daily abuse I chose to endure in my workplace. The crap pay I was earning was so not worth it, however as I have a family, I put up with it for as long as I could in order to support my family.

I hope you find a way to extricate yourself from that job of yours soon too, Oh Yeah. It sounds like mind numbing, soul-killing employment.

Best of luck to you and much future success.

Sincerely,

Mouse

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:41 am

Oh Yeah! wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
BINGO!!! exactly.

And....We now need two wage earners to support a household instead of one. Combine that info with chico's statement about taxation and things look very conspiritorial.

In the city or the burbs, to afford a mortgage, 2 vehicles to commute to work, the boat, the vacations and the booze, yes it does take 2 working parents to raise a family, D.

However? One parent in a small town can work at a blue collar job and the other parent can stay at home to care for the offspring if that parent chooses to do so. It's more than possible. Even a single parent can get by, on a very small income, if that single parent doesn't buy into the bill of goods which we've been "sold".

That statement doesn't address the "taxation" on that small single income, but I assure you, that small single income is not heavily taxed. If at all. I'll let you know shortly.

What IS heavily taxed is all the PRODUCTS people consume and purchase, over and above the groceries which are necessary to survive. Property is taxed. Our heating fuel and electricity is taxed. Our internet and cable is taxed. Our phone and phone charges are taxed. The gas to go to and from work is taxed, restaurant food is taxed, our vehicles and licenses are taxed, our clothing and children's clothing is taxed, diapers are taxed, condoms are taxed, and birth control pills and medications are all taxed.

Not to mention female sanitary napkins and tampons. Which are a necessity. Not a luxury.

I could go on, but you are all familiar with the "tax game" and the "tax man", wherever it is you reside.

It's a struggle until and unless you get off that hamster wheel, off grid and out of that "system".

Mouse

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next