Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
The Curse of the Withholding Tax 

Post Re: The Curse of the Withholding Tax
@ Chico
We are all F**ked

The middle class in America is being systematically wiped out, and most people don't even realize what is happening.
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/25-signs-that-middle-class-families-have-been-targeted-for-extinction

Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:56 am
Site Admin

Oh Yeah! wrote:
@ Chico
We are all F**ked

Instead of bending over when commanded, we need to stand up and fight back.

I think in this case there's not much of a spectrum between those two possibilities.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:19 am
Site Admin

This is very similar to what I did, and for very similar reasons.

Quote:
More than a decade ago, David Gross was just your typical Bay Area dude. He worked as a technical writer for a software company and made around $100,000.

Then the U.S. invaded Iraq, and Gross had what was probably a pretty typical Bay Area reaction: He didn’t agree with the war.

He went to his company's HR department and asked for a 75 percent pay cut, which would help him avoid paying federal taxes, and make sure his money wasn’t going to fund the war.

They said no.

Rather than continue working, Gross embarked on a drastic lifestyle change. He quit his job, and started working as a freelancer, earning enough to make a modest living, but little enough to avoid paying federal income taxes.

“I was cheating myself by spending all those hours at work,” he told me recently, a decade after he started this lifestyle. “Now, I’ve learned the benefits of living a simpler lifestyle, having more free time, spending less time as a nine-to-five worker.” -- source

There are only a few of us who will change our lifestyles because of our principles. The ruling sociopaths do not like these kinds of people, and they try very hard to brainwash the bulk of the population into adopting a sociopathic mindset where principles are ignored. With this sociopathic mindset, the population is taught to change their lifestyles because of money, which is something the sociopaths do have in abundance and thoroughly control. How many people do you know who will uproot their families, leave their friends and relatives, and move everything they possess to a strange location, just for a bigger paycheck? From what I've seen during my life, this was considered normal. We were encouraged to consider this as normal by the control system around us -- the economic control system. It is economic slavery, and by not resisting it, we are essentially supporting it.

Resistance is not futile. It is a critical part of the solution. Find ways to resist.

Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6