Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
Censorship 
Site Admin

Post Censorship
I am of the opinion that censorship of anything truthful is a very bad thing and should not be tolerated.

This thread at Project Avalon begins with the author asking how much of his information will be allowed on the forum.

I hope I never see such a request in this forum. If I do, I will immediately censor it.

Just kidding (about the censoring part).

When is censoring justified or necessary? What do the people say?

Thu May 05, 2011 10:47 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Censorship
Well, as luck would have it, I have just been censored on Project Avalon. You gotta love synchronicity!

Before I discuss the details of that particular censorship, I would like to drag up a post I wrote the last time I was censored on the Internet.

My crime in that instance was that I mentioned the presence of extraterrestrials on our planet. For that misstep, my forum account was deleted and I was banned from the site.

Here is that post:

Freedom of (censored)
Where freedom is censored.

Speaking of utter insanity, my latest blog got me quietly "disappeared" from a site called Fighting For Liberty today. Allegedly, my mentioning "alien spacecraft" touched a nerve, so my blog was censored (although I suspect it was the blog's ending that really touched the nerve). I got an unbelievably hypocritical email containing several veiled threats, and when I responded, the hypocrite pulled the rug out from under me by suspending my entire account. I've included the emails below for your enjoyment and edification.

And these are the people supposedly fighting for liberty?! Things are a lot worse than I imagined....

==========

The blog in question (a copy posted on another site) is here.

Email: From Guy Razer to Hugh

Hugh...were you drinking last night? LOL

We dont do space ships here.... so if you want to do them... I recommend another site.. any other site.. capiche?? You posted this right above a very important 911 video posted by Margaret... that deals in the reality of gravity and is an expert analysis of how that building was demolished!!... it almost appears your posting was intentional, but probably just a coincidence... so, if Margaret doesnt get an apology in 24 hours... well you'll understand... we had a coincidental glitch.... in our membership page... space oddities happen....

=========

Email: From Hugh to Guy Razer

Sorry, I don't drink.

I was led to believe that this site was about truth. "No Censoring of Truth!" is the byline of Fighting for Liberty. It looks to me as though my blog has been censored by removal. Is this standard practice on this site? Are dissenting voices silenced here?

My blogs have nothing to do with any of Margaret's blogs, which I haven't read. The timing and placement of my blogs is also completely independent of her posts.

Your resistance to investigating extraterrestrial phenomena is your own choice, and I don't have a problem with that. Silencing those that do pursue this investigation is a problem, called censorship. You are doing the same thing to me that the crooks behind 9/11 do to truthers. Why?

I understand that you are threatening me with banishment from this site, in particular a banishment made to look like an accident. How underhanded. Are you a moderator? Have I broken some rule? If so, why wouldn't my banishment be public, with an explanation for public scrutiny?

It would appear that I have to fight for liberty even here, and my oppressor is none other than Guy Razer, the last person I would have suspected of opposing free and open debate on any subject.

Hugh

==========

Do not discuss this or even this, or your entire account on Fighting For Liberty will be deleted. Long live freedom of speech, a liberty worth fighting for!

Sat May 07, 2011 8:20 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
All of this sickens me if I really think about it. Are honest people really that rare? I am SO, SO tired of humans and our flaws. They have gotten so old to me I almost feel ready to die at this time at the age of 27.

(source)

The more you know about the hidden ugly truth of this world, the more likely you are to conclude that it simply isn't worth saving. It's true that the sociopaths run the place, and their trickle-down immorality has an awful influence on many people. Criminality becomes an admirable trait as we try to emulate our so-called "leaders". A good illustration of this is the Clinton Chronicles video posted on the 2012 Nexus forum. Both Bill and Hillary Clinton are classic sociopaths, real scum-of-the-earth type people, and learning their hidden secrets that made possible their unbelievable success is enough to drive a normal person to despair. The structure of our money-based society favors the sociopaths and their domination over the morally inclined majority. Until we overhaul the structure of society, this will continue. The sociopaths do everything in their formidable power to maintain the current status quo. Their success and survival depend on it. Unfortunately, the moral majority pays the price and is slowly driven towards extinction.

This is the classic struggle of good versus evil. Evil is clearly winning. It does so by effectively masquerading as good. So many good people are fooled by this strategy. Those that are not fooled see how easily the masses are tricked, and they lose heart. It seems hopeless, but it is not.

Evil succeeds by pretending to be good. That is how powerful a force good is. Even the façade of good hiding hideous evils is powerful enough to triumph. That is exactly what we see in the world today. Deception is the enemy’s strength. The light of truth is the enemy’s weakness. That is why exposing the truth is so critical. That is why censorship of the truth cannot be tolerated. That is why so many have been cast out of Avalon, because they dared to shine the light of truth onto the dark face of evil.

That is why they call you light warriors.

Tue May 10, 2011 4:37 pm
Site Admin

It’s time for the ugly truth -- the management at Project Avalon censors the truth.

Most of the common members at Avalon are in complete denial of this fact, and to a large extent they can be excused because they are being deceived. That is the “beauty” of censorship – the withholding of information is used to support a deception.

The man that most of them hold in such high esteem has the ultimate responsibility for this deception. That man, I am sorry to say, because I too hold him in high esteem, is Avalon founder Bill Ryan.

If only I did not hold the truth in even higher esteem than I hold Mr. Ryan, I could be comfortable living the same lie the ignorant enjoy over at Avalon. But I am a truth-seeker, and I plainly stated as much when I applied for membership at Avalon. I was welcomed with open arms, because truth-seeking is what Avalon claims to be all about. I was so happy to find Avalon. It was the home I had always wished for, where the search for truth reigns. The great irony is that I am now obliged to expose the ugly truth and incur the wrath of the faithful that still believe in Avalon.

Avalon’s stated purpose is to expose the truth. Any behavior at odds with that purpose would be completely hypocritical, undermining the credibility and integrity of the organization. That is why the censorship is occurring, in a desperate attempt to prevent that from happening.

Many will say that this exposé is just “sour grapes” because I was suspended and then banned from Avalon by the so-called moderators there. They will say that I am angry and hurting, and that this is just a vindictive rant to promote self-healing. I am very sorry to disappoint these people, but I am much deeper than that. My only motivation is the pursuit of truth, and it has been since day one.

Why was I suspended for one week from Avalon? I was getting too close to the truth. I posted information pointing out the parallels between Avalon and the dystopia described in Orwell’s book 1984. Big Brother was indeed watching over the flock, taking care of everything for everyone. We all loved Big Brother, just like we were supposed to. You could not question Big Brother or his Ministry of Truth. If you did, in classic newspeak, you were treated to a one-week “vacation”. Any such questions that were judged to be “politically incorrect” were quickly erased from view. And that is what happened. My words were censored.

Heaven (i.e. Big Brother) forbid that I should come back from “vacation” and start a thread on Avalon discussing the problem of censorship there. My “rehabilitation” had obviously failed, and the moderator snakes were coiled and ready to strike. My respectful participation in that thread lasted maybe six hours before I was “deactivated” for “not being aligned with the purpose and energy of the forum.” That was the best excuse Big Brother could find, and as everyone knows, Big Brother is always right.

My behavior at Avalon in the course of over 700 non-trivial posts has always been exemplary. Even Bill Ryan himself said so publicly, expressing his respect and admiration for my forum comportment. I was grateful for that, but I do not consider his praise to be a bribe to buy my support. I like and respect Mr. Ryan, but I cannot condone his actions of unwarranted and hypocritical censorship. It is clear to me that any talk of censorship at Avalon that was too close to the truth was to be censored.

There is a censorship problem at Avalon. Its source is right at the top. The moderators are willing accomplices, and they rationalize any censorship they perform as normal moderating activity approved of by their leader. I am convinced the fiercely loyal moderators Paul and Dennis acted in complete compliance to Bill Ryan’s instructions.

I did my best to suggest a reasonable way out for Mr. Ryan, where he could confront the problem and come out of it looking like a hero. Instead, I was censored. I’m not the first, and I won’t be the last, because as long as there are people of integrity that put truth above all other things, Mr. Ryan will have no peace.

Mon May 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Mellow down Chico... Be the change you want to see in this world. Truth and Integrity are calling. Let's move on..!

Mon May 16, 2011 6:27 pm

The best tune in my known universe... For you chico.. Pump the volume up, prepare to sing and clap...

I'll be back in force asap... I might not last that long at avalon if things don't get corrected in a way or another, I guess people enjoying their sofa, a soda and some sweet music while discussing the end of the world as we know it won't make such a difference. We have a term in france since a few years for them, dunno if it comes from you english speakers..: bobos..

I still think the declaration deserves a chance to make it to the outside world. Still willing to help. Maybe a logo would be nice to communicate. It's meant to be my job afterall, although I'm more a 3d person than a 2d one... I'll give it a go.

Anyway.. I really am sorry to see that the avalon thing, despite all the good souls that compose it, start to resemble a standard business oriented enterprise... Chills anyone?

Hey skippy :) Will be nice to talk to you soon too :)

Peace

Tue May 17, 2011 2:55 pm
Site Admin

Well yeah, I can get into it! Is this how I feel about Avalon? Yep, that too!

Charice Pempengco - I Will Always Love You (Live on Ellen DeGeneres)

Alternate copy here.

September 17, 2018: And... it's gone! It's impossible to keep up with the censoring of YouTube videos, but I tracked down another copy here. And I also got a shock when I stumbled across this video. Charice changes gender? The world is truly insane, and I think it messed up Charice big-time.

Tue May 17, 2011 8:34 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

-- Martin Niemöller

Last week, a moderator at Avalon named Paul disabled my account and effectively suspended my ability to post messages there. Not only was a portion of my post censored, but so was I.

Quote:
Your account has been disabled for the following reason:
impugning the motives of fellow members

Impugn means the following:

-- to assail by words or arguments
-- to attack as false or questionable; to challenge in argument
-- to oppose or attack as false or lacking integrity

It could be argued that the act of impugning the motives of others is largely responsible for the success of Project Avalon. Whistle-blowers have been the bread and butter of Project Avalon, and impugning the motives of others is exactly what whistle-blowers do.

It could also be argued that the moderator that suspended my account was guilty of censoring a whistle-blower and by doing so, he himself was guilty of impugning the motives of a fellow member, namely me.

Hypocrisy?

Wed May 18, 2011 3:05 am

Gee, Hugh, I'm surprised you went all the way to Turkey to find a webhost. I'm not at all used to forums, so if I ain't doing this right, lemme know.

Wed May 18, 2011 3:17 am
Site Admin

Temy wrote:
Gee, Hugh, I'm surprised you went all the way to Turkey to find a webhost

Temy!!! I'm glad you're here! Everybody, this is my friend Temy from MySpace. (Chicodoodoo looks around and sees no one is here at the moment.) OK, no worries. Temy is a free-thinkin', cotton-pickin' redneck from Georgia (where I was born). They keep trying to kick him out of the realm of the living, and he keeps refusing to go. We are all the better because of his stubbornness. Big hug for you, Temy!

OK, now down to business. The "tk" does not stand for Turkey. Do you see how we jump to conclusions so easily? We all do it without even being aware of it. It would behoove us all to pay more attention to this very human weakness (although it can sometimes be a strength).

Ever hear of Tokelau? Me neither. But hey, my son taught me about it. See? I'm willing to learn from anybody.

Don't worry, Temy, you're doing fine with your first excursion into forums. It's similar to blogging, and I happen to know that's one of your strengths.

I hope we can keep you around for a long, long time. :D

Wed May 18, 2011 10:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next