Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
Nosso lar 
Site Admin

Post Re: Nosso lar
magamud wrote:
How come no ape has turned into a human? Or fish into something.

Because that's not how evolution works. It doesn't work on the individual level within a lifetime. It works on entire populations in a very gradual manner over hundreds of thousands of generations.

Quote:
What a joke...

In direct comparison, creationism is the real joke.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:42 am

Quote:

Creationism and Evolution are two sides of the same coin called ignorance.

Quote:
Because that's not how evolution works

Your just as bad as the creationist. :bpoo:

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:44 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Quote:
Creationism and Evolution are two sides of the same coin called ignorance.

Ignorance is a given, but it comes in relative degrees.

Quote:
Your just as bad as the creationist. :bpoo:

Please provide evidence to support your claim. And you really should address your poor understanding of evolution. These books are quite illuminating and hard to put down:

• The Selfish Gene
  • The Blind Watchmaker
  • Climbing Mount Improbable
  • Unweaving the Rainbow
  • A Devil's Chaplain
  • The Ancestor's Tale
  • The God Delusion

They are all by Richard Dawkins, but it's quite unusual to find a riveting author that can explain evolution with such beauty and precision.

Funny story about how I was exposed to Dawkins' work. About nine years ago, I was walking past a TV that a tenant was watching. A man was being interviewed, and his words stopped me dead in my tracks. I couldn't stop listening, as I had never heard such wisdom before. I remember thinking, "This man is a genius." The interview was over in just a few minutes, but I heard he had written a new book called "The Ancestor's Tale", and I immediately fired up the computer and got on the waiting list for it at the public library. When I finally got a copy, it was a huge book, and I thought I would never be able to read all of it. What a surprise to find that I just couldn't put it down! The discoveries just kept coming, tying up many loose ends left dangling from college classes in physics, chemistry, archeology, psychology, and biology. When I was done, I wrote a review for my tenant who was a book reviewer but felt she wouldn't understand it because of her weak science background. I ended up reading all the Dawkins books the public library had. I haven't read his latest two books, being occupied with other authors recently, but I hope to remedy that soon.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:45 am

How would you know if the information in the genome increased, decreased, or stayed the same without sequencing the entire genome before and after any mutation or evolutionary change?

No wonder Dawkins was flummoxed.

And that's assuming that the number of base pairs is the total amount of information in the genome, and that other information encoding mechanisms do not exist. Which may not be a good assumption.

I edited my post just before your above response Chico. This longer video explains the situation in reasonable depth, also quoting the answer Mr Dawkins gave a few days latter on his own website to the question he was unable to answer during the interview in real time.

I understand your cronyism here Chico, but isn't "Flummoxed" just a nice way of saying that he doesn't have "a clue" about what he's talking about? :D

The conclusion:

Quote:
Dawkins paused in the clip because he could not answer the question. There is no clear cut example of an increase of information in the genome due to genetic mutations,"pure and simple", yet this teaching of mutations being essential to the evolutionary process is one of the foundations of modern evolution theory, do you smell "the rat" of pseudo scientific evolution?

More Dawkin flummoxiations, pt 1 of 3:

Link to complete debate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... K2OcIIkpPo

Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Quote:
find a riveting author that can explain evolution with such beauty and precision.

:lol: I am trying to pull you out of evolutions ass a bit so you can get some perspective. Thats not working so well. You are deeply entrenched and intertwined.

My point being, that Evolution does not explain our existence, it is on par with creationism. So you talking smack about creationism is hypocritical imho. If you were practicing what you preach with "certainty" you would be more open minded. But this is good we are seeing your foundations of thought on life.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:14 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
My point being, that Evolution does not explain our existence, it is on par with creationism.

Evolution does not explain existence. It explains the process of change. It is not at all on par with creationism. Evolution explains the change of species. Creationism attempts to explain the creation of everything.

Quote:
So you talking smack about creationism is hypocritical imho. If you were practicing what you preach with "certainty" you would be more open minded. But this is good we are seeing your foundations of thought on life.

Can you see why it appears hypocritical to you? Certainty and open-mindedness are not allies. Creationism requires certainty and does not support dissent. True science requires dissent to minimize uncertainty. But I agree that there is great value in sharing our foundations of thought on life. That is how creationism and evolution both came about. All theories must be entertained, and may the best one win.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Quote:
Evolution does not explain existence. It explains the process of change.

Evolution, adaption, quantum intention. Any real difference there?

Quote:
Can you see why it appears hypocritical to you?

Yes I can, now that you admit evolution does not explain existence.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:17 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Evolution, adaption, quantum intention. Any real difference there?

What are you trying to say? They are all very different.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Do you see any similarities?

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:43 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Do you see any similarities?

Yes, there are a great deal of misconceptions and misunderstandings about all of them.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next