Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Nosso lar 

Post Nosso lar
This movie is now available free on YouTube with English subtitles.

Quote:
The film is an adaptation of the 1944 book of the same name, said to be dictated by the spirit Andre Luiz and psychographed by Chico Xavier, Brazil's best-known and respected medium, having channeled more than 400 books. The book is considered a great classic of spiritist literature. Engaging the reader from a first-person narrative, Andre Luiz delivers his impressions of the spirit world he encounters after his death.

Detailed drawings of the city "Our Home" as well as the architecture of the buildings, ministries and homes, were created by the medium Heigorina Cunha through her observations made during her alleged travels outside of the body in March 1979, led and guided by the spirit Lucius. These drawings served as inspiration to create the visual architecture of the city, that you can see in the movie. His drawings have been clarified and confirmed by Chico Xavier that this was really the spiritual city of Rio de Janeiro called "Our Home".

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:20 am

Post Re: Nosso lar
Does Life Continue After Death? Spiritual Awakening After Death

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTRH4PvPjDA

Quote:
Now this famous book has been made into a movie by filmmaker Wagner de Assis. Wagner wrote and directed the movie titled Astral City: A Spiritual Journey, and he was generous enough to talk with me about the movie, the book, and his extensive knowledge about life after death. This is not your typical interview to promote a movie, but rather an insightful conversation about our spiritual journey back home to the spirit world after our lives have ended. Wagner de Assis and I use the movie as the foundation for our discussion.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:44 am

Great link mags, what did you think about the movie?

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Quote:
what did you think about the movie?

There are many mansions, and this one is spot on. I cant even imagine how fantastic a world would be, knowing how life transitions.
:thumbup:

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:57 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
I cant even imagine how fantastic a world would be, knowing how life transitions.

I don't think we can imagine how fantastic life could be in the 3-D realm we actually exist in, if we were only free from the oppression of the sociopathic parasites that feed on us. It's quite telling that we long for "heaven" and anticipate transitioning out of this insane reality into an unknown "realm" that most likely does not even exist.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Quote:
I don't think we can imagine how fantastic life could be in the 3-D realm we actually exist in,

You can gather evidence from peoples near death experiences. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-death_experience

Amongst many other things...

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:41 pm

magamud wrote:

There are many mansions, and this one is spot on. I cant even imagine how fantastic a world would be, knowing how life transitions.
:thumbup:

I was very impressed with this movie also :thumbup:

It's quite telling that we long for "heaven" and anticipate transitioning out of this insane reality into an unknown "realm" that most likely does not even exist.

Don't be to sure about this Chico, there is in fact an overwhelming amount of evidence that this unknown "realm" most likely does exist.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:47 pm
Site Admin

andywight wrote:
Don't be to sure about this Chico, there is in fact an overwhelming amount of evidence that this unknown "realm" most likely does exist.

No worries, I am indeed not sure. I won't dismiss the possibility, but I will, as always, question it.

I haven't watched the movie yet, but I am looking forward to doing so. I did watch the interview of the producer/screenwriter.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:44 am

More from Bob Olson.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:43 am
Site Admin

All of the "overwhelming evidence" basically falls in the category of phenomena that we don't understand to which we assign an explanation that gives us some measure of comfort. The evidence for traditional religion is of the same quality. Somehow, I don't find this type of evidence very trustworthy.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next