Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Shut Up and Dance. 

Post Re: Shut Up and Dance.
Grumplebum wrote:
Hi Oh Yeah!,

Many thanks for the Youtube thingy, I've never seen that before. It brought back so many memories of the things we used to get up to when I was there. When I hear the music I melt.

Back then, I think I was 17 or 18 years old I was somewhat of a rutting stag and there was no suprise that my hand was on my hoo ha (or rather in them days it was more like a hoo heeney). Not so much these days, I'm a lot calmer. :shock:

Best regards.

Oh Yeah! wrote:
Is that you with your hands on your hoo ha? :lol:

You seem to be a bit focused on your hoo ha in that pic. Who were you posing for? :giggle:

I really enjoy folk dance from around the globe. For me, it has a very special energy, deep roots and history.
When I see youngins actually participating in their community with heart and soul--makes me smile.

I was at work today with no sound, so I posted that video without hearing it. Here's another showing the dance.

Cheers!

Let's try this one.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:56 pm
Site Admin

Birds do it, lizards do it, so of course humans do it. We're talking ritualized, stylized movements. Usually these movements are somehow connected to the opposite sexes connecting. We call it dance.

Yeah, I know... Shut up and dance!

Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:20 pm

Birds do it, lizards do it, so of course humans do it. We're talking ritualized, stylized movements. Usually these movements are somehow connected to the opposite sexes connecting. We call it dance.

Chico,
the dance of life is an amazing thing.
I truly find more energy (sexual or otherwise) in these cultural dances.
They are beautiful to me.

The other night, after feeling bummed out by all the doom, I turned on PBS and watched some art shows.
It was refreshing to be focused on beauty rather than negativity.

Here's to the arts!

Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi Oh Yeah!,

I have a small production company called Piper Music. We produce CD's (getting mre difficult every day). The motto of the label in English is, "Culture is life; Long live Culture!"

Best regards.

Oh Yeah! wrote:

Chico,

The other night, after feeling bummed out by all the doom, I turned on PBS and watched some art shows.

Here's to the arts!

Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Grumplebum wrote:
Hi Oh Yeah!,

I have a small production company called Piper Music. We produce CD's (getting mre difficult every day). The motto of the label in English is, "Culture is life; Long live Culture!"

Best regards.

Oh Yeah! wrote:

Chico,

Here's to the arts!

Yes. So you have a production company, a farm in Brazil, 2 sons, wife? and yet you like to hang out here. Interesting.

I do agree art and culture is very important. TPTB seem to want to squelch our in-spiration.

Cheers Steve.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi Oh Yeah!,

You're almost right. I don't have a wife. I have two lads which are fantastic people, a SMALL production company and indeed a small farm bought through the earnings of the production company (I think I said in another forum how much it cost - not a great deal - it's always a work in progress). But that will be carried on by my eldest.

I hang out here from time to time because I was invited to.

I've never lied, always called for the truth and that's about it.

Best regards.

Quote:
Yes. So you have a production company, a farm in Brazil, 2 sons, wife? and yet you like to hang out here. Interesting.

I do agree art and culture is very important. TPTB seem to want to squelch our in-spiration.

Cheers Steve.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:21 pm

................................... post removed by author.

Last edited by A Nony Mouse on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:29 pm

Hi Oh Yeah!,

I really can't remember. I think it was because the musician spread himself out over my lap and I was saying to come and get it!

Thanks once again for the video, this latest, the dance is called "Bean Setting" where the stick movement on the ground is as if the farmer was making the hole to plant his beans.

Best regards.

Quote:
You seem to be a bit focused on your hoo ha in that pic. Who were you posing for? :giggle:

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:34 pm

Grumplebum wrote:
Hi Oh Yeah!,

I really can't remember. I think it was because the musician spread himself out over my lap and I was saying to come and get it!

Thanks once again for the video, this latest, the dance is called "Bean Setting" where the stick movement on the ground is as if the farmer was making the hole to plant his beans.

Best regards.

Quote:

Ok then............

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:42 pm

....................... post removed by author.

Last edited by A Nony Mouse on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next