Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Favorite You Tubes 

Post Re: Favorite You Tubes
Are Human Beings Robots? | Interview with Dr. Rupert Sheldrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4henADq ... e=youtu.be

Duh....

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:59 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Are Human Beings Robots? | Interview with Dr. Rupert Sheldrake

Great post! I love Rupert's reasoning and precise application of the methodology of science to expose scientific dogma.

"Lumbering robots"! Even I find it a bit offensive to be described as a "lumbering robot", but that description is of course just a gross oversimplification of the materialist perspective.

Materialism - the view that everything is matter - is clearly an insufficient explanation of the mechanism of the universe, since energy is another huge player that is not matter. Einstein suggested that matter can be converted to energy and vice versa, and he was right. So strict materialism falls short of explaining the nature of things, which Rupert correctly illustrates. Consciousness is obviously more than just the material brain, and Rupert's experiments with ESP go a long way towards scientifically suggesting as much.

Carl Sagan was the first person I heard say "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." At that time, I believed him, but now I know it is not true. Extraordinary claims only require sufficient evidence to show that they are true, just like any ordinary claim.

I like Rupert Sheldrake's skepticism a lot, because he backs it up with solid reasoning. This is also something I admire in Richard Dawkins and Carl Sagan. They all make some mistakes, and they all make some valid points. They are all human, but I do think they do a bit better than "lumbering robots". :lol:

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:37 pm
Site Admin

As a related video, this one is quite interesting:

In it, Dr. Gary Schwartz makes the same mistake that science made in assuming consciousness must come from the brain. Schwatrz is quick to assume that post-materialism enhances spirituality, revealing the "universal mind" or the "mind of God". We need Rupert Sheldrake to correct him -- it reveals that there is more than we thought was present, but it doesn't reveal what it is exactly. :lol:

Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:04 pm

Chacterizing us as a robot is an excellent analogy. I'm suggesting we are programmed in a matrix that uses Empircism to keep control. Antiquity is riddled, parables with enlighten men coming to the same conclusion as I am. They are trying to exhibit the consciousness trap. This story u can find in any mythology.

I posted it to show the fist step in open minded ness. When u realize the power of our minds u then respect the quantum field. There are laws in this field, not only imprinted by our social time line, but self actualized by the independent thinker.

Atheist will think that the biological expression is up for grabs a la Eugenicist. Fear of God is the first of wisdom.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:34 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Chacterizing us as a robot is an excellent analogy. I'm suggesting we are programmed in a matrix that uses Empircism to keep control.

If we are controlled by false sensory perceptions, that doesn't make us lumbering robots. That makes us "deceived".

magamud wrote:
Antiquity is riddled, parables with enlighten men coming to the same conclusion as I am. They are trying to exhibit the consciousness trap. This story u can find in any mythology.

You should be more specific, because I don't know what you are talking about. Consciousness trap? Something like this maybe? In any mythology? I know a good bit of mythology, but I don't recall a consciousness trap in any of it. Most mythology illustrates an unconsciousness trap, if anything having to do with consciousness.

magamud wrote:
I posted it to show the fist step in open minded ness. When u realize the power of our minds u then respect the quantum field. There are laws in this field, not only imprinted by our social time line, but self actualized by the independent thinker. Atheist will think that the biological expression is up for grabs a la Eugenicist. Fear of God is the first of wisdom.

Forgive me, but you seem to be incoherent, at least from my perspective. I'm seeing a bunch of words strung together, but no discernible meaning is attached to them. If my ESP was better, I could read your mind and possibly "get it", but I'm limited to your chosen words on an LCD screen. Self-actualized laws in the quantum field created by the independent thinker has certainly piqued my interest, but it sure sounds like BS to me.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:57 am

Quote:
That makes us "deceived".

As this is a true statement, it is also true that we are in the process of learning, growing in the Garden. So, your polarization to "deception" causes you to think God as mischievous, and miss the goodness in it.

Quote:
Consciousness trap?

Look at above statement.

Quote:
In any mythology?

All mythologies tell of Good vs, Evil with cosmic beings. This drama is real, but is unable to be actualized by the 5 sense empiricist. Yet it is there.

Quote:
I could read your mind and possibly "get it"

:lol:
My phrase:
Quote:
magamud wrote:
I posted it to show the fist step in open minded ness. When u realize the power of our minds u then respect the quantum field. There are laws in this field, not only imprinted by our social time line, but self actualized by the independent thinker. Atheist will think that the biological expression is up for grabs a la Eugenicist. Fear of God is the first of wisdom.

Is correct and very coherent, and might I say a damn good job at characterizing the truth. I am trying to show the path or steps to truth and what happens during each step. It is no surprise you think this is mumbo jumbo, but this information is not just for you. I am grateful for your perspective and inquiry as it teases information of reality.

To expand on it, when you realize that your mind is consciousness which influences matter you then can understand our true potential. Satan, NWO know this knowledge very, very, well and distract us from this door and use our potential to power their delusion. Time spent in this field, you then realize there are certain laws inherent with good and bad. More time spent in this field you realize there is an entire Kingdom of beings following a path, a line of goodness and beings following a path of evil. This is the cross or the truth of nature, or the truth of physics and energy itself or consciousness. These laws are the wisdom of the creator who is made up of love, intelligence and light. :) There is order.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:22 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
As this is a true statement, it is also true that we are in the process of learning, growing in the Garden. So, your polarization to "deception" causes you to think God as mischievous, and miss the goodness in it.

I don't believe that we are in any "Garden", nor do I believe there is a God or a Satan. There is good and evil, from a human perspective, but it is a function of human behavior rather than supernatural forces. I am simply pointing out that if the god you describe were to exist, with the definition of sin you have provided, the world as well as most organized religions would make no sense at all.

magamud wrote:
All mythologies tell of Good vs, Evil with cosmic beings. This drama is real, but is unable to be actualized by the 5 sense empiricist. Yet it is there.

This five-sense empiricist has actualized it quite nicely using the study of human psychology.

magamud wrote:
Is correct and very coherent, and might I say a damn good job at characterizing the truth.

I beg to differ. There is still no meaning or understanding coming through to me, despite my searching for both.

magamud wrote:
I am trying to show the path or steps to truth and what happens during each step. It is no surprise you think this is mumbo jumbo, but this information is not just for you.

Your information is not being communicated, at least not to me. Try as I might, and I'm no slouch at this, I am not understanding you. Perhaps someone else who is understanding you can clarify things for me and anyone else who is not following.

magamud wrote:
To expand on it, when you realize that your mind is consciousness which influences matter you then can understand our true potential. Satan, NWO know this knowledge very, very, well and distract us from this door and use our potential to power their delusion. Time spent in this field, you then realize there are certain laws inherent with good and bad. More time spent in this field you realize there is an entire Kingdom of beings following a path, a line of goodness and beings following a path of evil. This is the cross or the truth of nature, or the truth of physics and energy itself or consciousness. These laws are the wisdom of the creator who is made up of love, intelligence and light. :) There is order.

All I see in this is oversimplification, binary thinking, and massive contradiction. I see the hallmarks of human faults and limitations running rampant. Given the enormous complexity of the universe, and the feeble brains (or consciousness) we have to work with, any explanation we come up with would be horribly inaccurate, and that's what I think anyone following the religious narrative has fallen into.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:07 pm

Quote:
but it is a function of human behavior rather than supernatural forces

You have this backwards...

Quote:
the world as well as most organized religions would make no sense at all.

How so?

Quote:
This five-sense empiricist has actualized it quite nicely using the study of human psychology.

This is true with your sociopathic milieu, but it will not explain where it came from. So, we have another case of not getting to the cause, but treating the topical so to speak. And I'm sure your position will be most justified as we see other philanthropic bodies justifying their "good" work.

Quote:
I see the hallmarks of human faults and limitations running rampant.

This is irony I can assure you.

Quote:
and the feeble brains

This is part of the conditioning your exemplifying and a point I am talking about. Again I thank you for your inquiries.

Quote:
Perhaps someone else who is understanding you can clarify things for me and anyone else who is not following.

I don't think anyone is going to help you here, as they will be in the same position as me, plus we have limited contributors :lol:

Quote:
we come up with would be horribly inaccurate

My intention is that since you are made of spirit the message is already inside you. One must go about hearing it again. This is done in various ways, for example Skippys meditation practice, or using faith, having wonderment, suspicion, etc... The founding fathers talked about it too you know.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:38 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
How so?

I laid out for you the religious upheavals that result from defining sin as a "lack of knowledge of reality", and you found it all backwards, just as you find my observation of the source of evil to be backwards.

magamud wrote:
This is true with your sociopathic milieu, but it will not explain where it came from.

That's the beauty of my solution to the problem of sociopaths -- you don't have to explain the origins of sociopaths. The solution to the problems sociopaths create is not dependent on how sociopaths are created.

magamud wrote:
I don't think anyone is going to help you here, as they will be in the same position as me, plus we have limited contributors :lol:

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -- Matthew 7:7

Or, as I like to say, it doesn't hurt to ask for help.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:23 am

12 Monkeys explaining to doctors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q74RKOmIjC8

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next