Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Freemasonry 
Site Admin

Post Freemasonry
I decided to learn more about the Freemasons. I discovered that the hypocrisy of this organization is astounding!

Quote:
“Freemasonry is an organization that takes good men and makes them better,” or that it is, “A system of morality, veiled in secrecy, and illustrated by symbols.” Its principal tenets are brotherly love, relief, and truth. Its goal is the universality of mankind, with all will act towards others as we want them to act towards us, and with faith in the social, eternal, and intellectual progress of mankind. -- source

Self-improvement, morality, brotherly love, truth, and the Golden Rule! What's not to like? It seemed like a good fit for me.

But wait, it's veiled in secrecy. That doesn't quite go with morality, truth, or the Golden Rule. It doesn't necessarily go with brotherly love or self-improvement either.

Freemasons argue it's not a "secret" society; it's a "private" fraternal organization. They also claim it's not a religion, but you have to believe in God. Atheists cannot become members!

You mean to tell me everyone except atheists can potentially become a Freemason? Atheists need not apply? Freemasons discriminate against atheists? They discriminate based on lack of religion?

Quote:
Atheism, long the taboo of the Western World, makes up a surprisingly large percentage of the population of the United States. Nearly 30,000 Americans in 2001 identified themselves as being “Secular,” being “Atheist,” or having “No Religion” (United States Census Bureau, Table 73). -- source

That doesn't seem like a "surprisingly large percentage of the population of the United States" to me. Only 30,000 Americans out of 300 million? That's 1 out of 10,000. Since when is 0.01% a "surprisingly large percentage of the population"?

So already I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with the way these Freemasons reason. I waded through all the stupid arguments about why atheists cannot be Freemasons, and the final reason makes as much sense as 0.01% being a large percentage of the population:

Quote:
...the myths and legends that make Masonry what it is today are inherently religious. It is therefore impossible to allow Atheists to join (the) order because they are incapable of measuring themselves against the will of God, to whom Masons all must show reverence. -- source

By definition, atheists do not measure themselves against the will of God, because they don't believe there is a God! But all Freemasons must show reverence to God, which they obviously will if they truly believe in God. Freemasonry is not a religion, but you aren't getting in unless you're religious!

Who falls for this crap?

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:08 am

Post Re: Freemasonry
an intriguing topic :shock:

wait a coupla days while i try to wrap my head around it :giggle:

Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:35 pm
Site Admin

Allow me to make an argument explaining why Freemasons do not welcome atheists in their organization. If there is any group among humanity that can think critically, any group capable of exposing deception and hypocrisy, any group capable of seeing through a con-game, it will be the atheists. Unlike religions, there is no large or well-funded organization that teaches the basics of atheism. There is no system of indoctrination. The belief in a godless universe must be painstakingly constructed on an individual basis from the ground up. Atheism is essentially a mental rebellion against consensual falsehood and central authority, and a celebration of independent and rational thought. Do you think a private club that encourages secrecy, one that requires hiding the truth, is going to welcome atheists in their midst? Hell no! That would be like Project Avalon welcoming Chicodoodoo to come back and post in Bill Ryan's forum!

On the other hand, an organization like the Freemasons would best be served by members who have already demonstrated their predilection for conformity, their preference for comfort, their subservience to authority, and their susceptibility to brainwashing. Freemasonry requires mental zombies. Who better to make up the membership than religious adherents?

Listen to the "Confessions of an atheist Freemason"...

Quote:
Alas, those small parts of the ceremony which reflect the religious underpinning engender in me feelings of hypocrisy...

Why do I do this? It’s fun.

Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:53 pm
Site Admin

Was the United States founded by Freemasons? By the rich elite of the new land? By supporters of freedom or by organized sociopaths only pretending to support freedom?

This 1772 portrait by Charles Willson Peale, depicting George Washington as colonel of the Virginia Regiment, is his earliest known likeness.
-- source

Only the very rich could afford portraits of themselves, which were luxury items requiring a luxury home to hang the painting in. Note that Colonel Washington is dressed in a rather luxurious uniform for a military man. Is he really a military man, having worked himself up though the ranks (like true hero Leon Degrelle did in the German Waffen SS)? Or is he just a rich boy pretending to be a military officer, having purchased his rank? Would that better explain his need to have an expensive portrait made of him in fancy costume as a lasting legacy of his "distinguished" military career?

And clearly, his true loyalty lies with the Freemason secret society, as the right hand half-hidden in the shirt near his heart announces with established certainty.

I was taught George Washington was a great hero, as all American children are taught. They taught me the same about the following people, and I have since learned with each of them that I was taught to believe a total lie:

• Abraham Lincoln
  • Franklin Delano Roosevelt
  • Winston Churchill

Should George Washington be on this list of charming rich people who were all classic sociopaths? I'm beginning to wonder...

Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]