Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
For the love of money 
Site Admin

Post For the love of money
Originally published March 24, 2008 at MySpace.com

Arsenal of Hypocrisy

I am constantly astounded to what degree we are willing to let our own greed destroy us. As the video above, Arsenal of Hypocrisy, points out, America's primary export today is weapons, and our marketing strategy is to stir up the deadly conflicts that provide a market for our product. For a nation that professes the moral high ground, we have sunk incredibly low. Almost everything is done in the pursuit of money, and those with enormous amounts of money have control of almost everything, including the government, the courts, and the media. For the love of money, we have sold our souls. No, it's more than the love of money, for we have foolishly created a society where we NEED money just to survive. And it's not our souls we sell, it's the lives of other humans far away that we don't even know. Essentially, we satisfy our basic needs by working to kill others of our kind. I think that may be the same thing as selling our souls.

This is an old story. It is a tale of two peoples. It is a tale of generosity versus greed, of good versus evil. I have heard this story before, and I am always saddened by the ending. You see, unlike in the movies, evil triumphs over good. And it seems to do so repeatedly.

"In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue." I learned about the great hero Christopher Columbus in grade school. But the truly important details were not a part of my education. When Columbus discovered America and first came ashore with his men, Arawak "Indians" ran to greet them, bringing them food, water, and gifts. Columbus wrote:

They ... brought us parrots and balls of cotton and spears and many other things, which they exchanged for the glass beads and hawks' bells. They willingly traded everything they owned.... They were well-built, with good bodies and handsome features.... They do not bear arms, and do not know them, for I showed them a sword, they took it by the edge and cut themselves out of ignorance. They have no iron. Their spears are made of cane..... They would make fine servants.... With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want.

That is exactly what Columbus and his men eventually did to the native peoples, enslaving them and forcing them to search for the gold the Europeans had come for. He searched other islands, meeting other Indian peoples, which on his return to Spain, he described as:

...so naive and so free with their possessions that no one who has not witnessed them would believe it. When you ask for something they have, they never say no. To the contrary, they offer to share with anyone...

Back in Spain, Columbus knew well the hand that fed him, so he told of "great mines of gold and other metals" and promised his Majesties "as much gold as they need ... and as many slaves as they ask." He was sent back to America with 17 ships and 1200 men. They searched even more islands from their base in Haiti, but they found no gold mines. So they filled their ships with 500 Indian slaves to placate the investors back home. Only 300 slaves survived the trip, and many of those died quickly after being sold. The remaining Indians on Haiti were forced to dig for gold as slaves, only there was little gold to be found. In only two years, half of the 250,000 Indians on Haiti were dead. By 1550, fifty-five years later, there were only 500 left. By 1650, the Arawaks were extinct.

This story was repeated even more savagely by Cortez in Mexico and Pizarro in Peru. Driven by greed and the lust for money, the "enlightened" Europeans slaughtered the natives, because they so easily could, thanks to their superior technological weapons.

The descendants of those who bankrolled these conquerors are still among us. They are still in the seats of power, or control those in the seats of power. They are still driven by greed, and they control the best weaponry money can buy. They look around for the weak and helpless, and they see opportunity. Are you working for them? They own the banks, the government, the media, and the big corporations, so many of you do work for them without even knowing it. If you are not part of their team, do you really believe that they are not looking at you and seeing opportunity?

We have met the enemy, and he is us.

Columbus subjugated every Arawak he encountered and commanded them to return with gold. If they didn't, he had both their hands cut off. It's hard to apply a tourniquet with no hands, so they would bleed to death, as examples to others.

It also appears that noses were cut off as well. The horror!

Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:38 am
Site Admin

Post Re: For the love of money
For the love of money, men commit every crime imaginable, including the most horrendous of crimes — mass genocide.

I have just finished reading Wade Frazier's investigation of Christopher Columbus posted here. It is in agreement with my post above regarding the incredibly sociopathic nature of the Europeans feeding on the peaceful natives. One sentence from Wade's article summed up the invasion of the sociopaths from the perspective of the indigenous natives:

Quote:
Kirkpatrick Sale summarized the native puzzlement toward their exterminators:

“It is said, by Las Casas among others, that what perplexed the Tainos of Española most about the strange white people from the large ships was not their violence, not even their greed, nor in fact their peculiar attitudes toward property, but rather their coldness, their hardness, their lack of love.”

"Their coldness, their hardness, their lack of love." Is there any mistaking the principal characteristics of the sociopath?

This is what people with empathy are always shocked by when dealing with sociopaths and their minions. People with empathy always naturally assume everyone has empathy. That there are humans that have no empathy, and even worse, pretend they do to remain undetected, is simply unimaginable.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]