Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Gut feelings 
Site Admin

Post Gut feelings

Despite my comprehensive and detailed arguments, a friend of mine overruled me with the following two sentences:

Quote:
I hear all your good arguments but must go along with my gut feeling and do what I feel is best. Of course, your arguments are good but....

How often do we do this? How often do we ignore reason and logic and go with whatever makes us feel good? How often do we let emotion dictate our choices? How often does comfort trump truth?

Often. Maybe even most of the time.

This is, in fact, how the ruling sociopaths herd us like sheep. They use the Hegelian Dialectic, often expressed as "problem, reaction, solution". They create the problem (for example 9/11) that they know will make us react quite emotionally (shock, grief, fear, outrage). Then, when we are in the thick of those emotions, unable to reason lucidly, they give us their prepared solution (attack the "terrorists" by invading Afghanistan), which again plays on our emotions, this time by making us feel good. The so-called solution is exactly what the ruling sociopaths wanted to do all along (but for different reasons and purposes), only they knew they couldn't get away with it if the public was thinking rationally.

Must we go along with our gut "feelings" and do what we "feel" is best? Does anyone realize how much trouble that gets us into? Trouble that we could avoid if we didn't listen to our "gut"?

"Hi, I'm human. Despite having a capable brain, my gut will be making all the decisions, based on how it makes me feel. Enjoy the ride!"

Tue May 28, 2013 1:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]