Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Idiot 
Site Admin

Post Re: Idiot
magamud wrote:
Due to the immense confusion, peoples suspicion has become a narcissistic paranoia.

Wow. There's a big idea.

Many people on the forums are eager to debunk anything that moves, including genuine whistle-blowers. They take immense pride in being one of the first to dismiss anyone of interest by digging up anything that will discredit the individual. In a way, it reminds me of the cretins who are so proud to have voted for the presidential candidate that won the election. They chose the winning team, so they must be smart! :lol:

An example would be Andy's dismissal of Kokesh because Andy believed Kokesh lied about his military rank. That made Kokesh a liar, so nothing Kokesh says or does can be believed, according to Andy. A little research showed the rank issue was not so black and white. Kokesh attained the rank of sergeant, but was later demoted back to corporal for having participated in a protest while in uniform. Kokesh claimed he was a sergeant (his highest rank), though his technical rank when discharged was corporal. There were also other issues that contributed to Andy's dismissal of Kokesh, but I suspect they too were oversimplified versions of the more complicated story that we don't know about.

If I may use Andy again as an example (Mr. ULY is too terse and mocking to be readily analyzed), Andy took great pride in having fingered Zook as a fraud early on, well before I was willing to consider it. When the evaluation (or "intuition") is correct, there is this powerful egocentric reward of being "right", of being a keen observer, of being prescient. It goes to your head, so to speak, and you are eager to repeat this pattern of behavior where you call someone out early for the flimsiest of reasons. Zook himself is a classic example of this, with all his accusations of "gatekeeper" against so many dissident journalists, unconventional leaders, renegade whistle-blowers, and even forum personalities that dare challenge his judgment.

As you point out, Mags, the current environment of propaganda and disinformation, i.e. confusion, encourages this kind of behavior. Whatever stance you wish to assume can be justified by cherry-picking from the massive disinformation cloud we are deliberately subjected to.

It's insidious, to say the least.

By the way, I mean no insult or injury to Andy, ULY, or Zook. I am just observing human nature. I would use myself as an example if I could, but the shoe doesn't always fit. I encourage others to point out my particular behavior patterns when there is a useful lesson to be learned.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:13 am
Site Admin

Jimmy Kimmel puts the fun in human idiocy.

December 30, 2018: Video censored! According to Google, there are no websites anywhere that referenced the Yahoo ID of the above video (_MtjMHEOips). None! Not even United People is returned as a search result, and I am absolutely positive that I linked to that Jimmy Kimmel video. That is proof positive that Google is controlling and censoring the information we get to see. Big Brother is watching us.

Quote:
But late-night TV is not the only place where one can catch people extemporizing on topics they know nothing about. -- source

Yes, human idiocy is a real phenomenon, and not only do I study it, but so do specially prepared humans with impressive titles known as "scientists".

Quote:
To a great degree, we fail to recognize the frequency and scope of our ignorance.

In 1999, in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, my then graduate student Justin Kruger and I published a paper that documented how, in many areas of life, incompetent people do not recognize—scratch that, cannot recognize—just how incompetent they are, a phenomenon that has come to be known as the Dunning-Kruger effect. Logic itself almost demands this lack of self-insight: For poor performers to recognize their ineptitude would require them to possess the very expertise they lack. To know how skilled or unskilled you are at using the rules of grammar, for instance, you must have a good working knowledge of those rules, an impossibility among the incompetent. Poor performers—and we are all poor performers at some things—fail to see the flaws in their thinking or the answers they lack. -- source

Ah yes, I've noticed our tendency to think we are being intelligent when we are being idiots.

Quote:
What’s curious is that, in many cases, incompetence does not leave people disoriented, perplexed, or cautious. Instead, the incompetent are often blessed with an inappropriate confidence, buoyed by something that feels to them like knowledge. -- source

Hmmm, reminds me of Zook. Chicken Little warned the skies were falling, while Zook warned the messengers were actually gatekeepers.

Quote:
Because of the way we are built, and because of the way we learn from our environment, we are all engines of misbelief. And the better we understand how our wonderful yet kludge-ridden, Rube Goldberg engine works, the better we—as individuals and as a society—can harness it to navigate toward a more objective understanding of the truth. -- source

Yes, we are all engines of misbelief. That was my point in the opening post of this thread. It's comforting to see that another fellow idiot agrees with me. :lol:

"An idea does not gain truth as it gains followers." -- Amanda Bloom

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:51 pm
Site Admin

I was thinking of the opening post of this thread this morning. Not only are we individually idiots to varying degrees, but as a society we are collectively an idiot, i.e. a group idiot. The primary reason for this is that we let sociopaths lead us.

We have no process in place to identify and manage sociopaths. As a result, we don't realize sociopaths rise to the top positions of our hierarchies. Sociopaths also take an active role in maintaining that deception, by pretending to be just like us. They publicly mimic our normal behaviors while privately having little to do with them. The deception is masterful because they have practiced it for millennia. And normal people don't see it because we have fallen for it for millennia.

In essence, we have a very well-evolved "natural" system in place that allows sociopaths to dominate the rest of humanity. It's equivalent to a successful invasion of parasites that have the host in a state of near paralysis but without killing it. Or rather the host is perhaps on the slow boat to an inevitable death from parasitic consumption, and just hasn't died yet.

With such a well-evolved "natural" system in place, it would be very likely that some earlier and more-advanced lost civilizations would have preceded our own. Ours is just the next domino to fall. And as long as the parasites have free reign, the process can't help but continue.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:33 pm
Site Admin

The flip side of the above post is that humans are more like idiot-savants, and so we can also focus on our incredible talents, the "savant" part of our nature. In fact, the sociopaths direct us to do exactly that as a way to distract our focus away from our idiocy. Because if we focused on our idiocy, we would figure out where it comes from, and the sociopaths would lose their positions of power and control over us.

Nevertheless, I want to point out a small piece of human brilliance here that I just encountered in my reading this morning. The book is The Fantastic Inventions of Nikola Tesla by Nikola Tesla himself. Starting on page 160, Tesla describes his apparatus for producing the high vacuums in his button light bulbs and other evacuated glass tubes. The ingenious nature of this device is divine, and I use that word deliberately to emphasize the description by Alex Collier that we humans are "creator gods".

My only experience with vacuum pumps is the piston engine variety, and even then it was only in an old film where air was being sucked out of a bell jar with a ringing alarm clock in it. The purpose was to demonstrate how the amplitude of the sound faded as the air was withdrawn until the ringing alarm was reduced to total silence.

I have sometimes wondered how the scientists in the 1800s produced evacuated glass bulbs when they didn't have access to electricity or motors, which we take for granted. The answer is that they used the heavy weight of liquid mercury along with the force of gravity, in combination with a little muscle power and a lot of brain power.

Here is a functional diagram Tesla's device, minus the rigging used to repeatedly raise and lower the third mercury reservoir:

It's easier to realize how we have all been dumbed-down by the sociopaths if you try to think about how this apparatus works. Tesla constructed it and used it so often he could probably do it in his sleep. There are four pages in the book explaining how it worked. I am in awe, but that's because I'm a dumbed-down idiot.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:32 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Despite the fact that these high-tech icons and visionaries pretend to revere intelligence and genius and talent and brains and innovation and creativity and all that, secretly every one of them must know that the greatest economic resource is not intelligence at all. The greatest economic resource, by far, is stupidity. They all know this, and now you know it too. I can prove it.

Consider where the economy would be if even a few sectors such as the following were entirely removed: soft drink industry; snack foods industry; global arms industry; all religions; makeup and cosmetic industry, including weight loss and cosmetic surgery; high end luxury brands of all kinds; most video games; most movies and popular entertainment; most of the ‘financial services’ industry – need I go on? Every one of the above sectors is based almost entirely on human stupidity. Or, at a minimum, none of them could function without a solid root in human stupidity. And that’s only the start. -- source

:o

"The greatest economic resource, by far, is stupidity."

His supporting argument convinced me in a heartbeat.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:53 am
Site Admin

Quote:
Landings reached a decade low in 2017 when only 4,744,814 pounds of tuna were brought to Oregon ports, a 46 percent drop from the 10-year average. The 2018 season was marginally better, with 5,791,536 pounds landed. If the past two season totals were combined, the total would still fall short of the 10-year average of 9.5 million pounds. -- source

No, dufus, the total would exceed the 10-year average of 9.5 million pounds. 4.7 million plus 5.8 million makes 10.5 million, which just so happens to exceed 9.5 million by 1 million.

It's basic arithmetic, and reporters and proofreaders and editors can't seem to do it. And why should they? They are paid to deliver the message their owners want delivered to the public. It doesn't matter if the message is false or misleading. It only matters that the public believe what they are told.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:01 am
Site Admin

One flavor of idiocy that humans exhibit regularly is hypocrisy. I ran across a great example today:

Quote:
Americans are addicted to the Presidency. We sit on the couch and opine about things while somehow hoping that one man will change things all by his lonesome. The vast majority of citizens fail to make any real commitment of personal involvement and even worse, we fail to recognize our own responsibility for what does or does not happen.

At the end of the day President Trump will fail because we have failed. We failed to care enough to really do anything. We failed to face the reality of what we have become. We failed to accept the inevitable pain of change in the short to medium term for the sake of a better long term. -- source

Yes, too may Americans think the nation's president is going to fix things, make things right, or "drain the swamp" (good old Trump the sociopath!). It's a mistake to always be looking for the hero who will lead the cavalry to save us. The reality is that we have to make the effort to save ourselves. No one else is going to do it. We are the cavalry we have been waiting for.

So after noting that Americans need to break their addiction to the Presidency, what does the author of the above quote conclude?

Quote:
The time is coming soon when things will be so bad that we’ll have no other choice but to cry out to God for mercy and grace. Happily in that day He will hear our cries and use our utter destitution to effect real change on His terms alone. -- source

It's foolish to always look to the president for help, when we should be making the effort to save ourselves. But somehow it's quite acceptable to look to God for help, instead of making the effort to save ourselves. This is typical human hypocrisy.

God made us problem-solvers so that we wouldn't have to come running to him with our ridiculous problems.

Humanity: "Oh God, save us! We invented nuclear weapons that can destroy our planet ten times over, we make sociopaths our leaders, and those same sociopaths have no qualms about unleashing total global nuclear destruction!"

God: I've had it with you idiots! What was I thinking when I created you?! You make sociopaths your leaders?! Are you insane?! Never mind, that's a stupid question, and it also reflects poorly on Me, since I created you. I think I need some quiet time to rethink my Life... Good luck, you idiots! What the hell was I thinking, really... I feel like such an Idiot...

Yes, it is said that God created us in his image.

:lol:

Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:18 am
Site Admin

OK, I found an idiot that makes me look like a wise man. Here he is:

FIRE WILL NOT MELT SNOW IN TEXAS!
(duration 2:06)

Some snow has clearly melted, but no water drips drips because it is absorbed into the snowball, which is far from saturated with liquid water (that's what "slush" is). The black stuff is soot or carbon from the burning fuel of the lighter. It's not "burned snow". It's easy to see why the bulk of humanity is so easy to fool by the ruling sociopaths. Idiots fall for Hitler lies, Holocaust lies, 9/11 lies, in-your-face 2020 election fraud, COVID-19 pandemic scams, and so much more. What chance does humanity have when so many of us are now dumber than a box of rocks?

Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:12 am
Site Admin

Comments on this video:

"Politicians love that these kids are our future."

"It's not just the fact that they're ignorant. It's the fact that they're wilfully, joyfully ignorant. When presented with a question they don't know, they laugh like it's funny. There is not a single shred of embarrassment or shame. These people know nothing. Which means they can be lied to about anything. Politicians LOVE these people."

"The government is giving these children loans to go to college And colleges are giving these dummies degrees. It's a damn mess."

"Idiocracy is alive and well."

"I'm UK and a Brit told me last time he visited USA and told someone he used the Eurotunnel to get to France, the person replied 'did you see all the fish?' That's how bad things are."

"Think about how stupid the average person is and remember the other half is stupider than that. -- George Carlin"

UNBELIEVABLE: Young Americans Don't Know ANYTHING... AGAIN
(duration 6:14)

Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:10 am
Site Admin

I had no idea how far the "dumbing down" of America had progressed, but then I stumbled upon this:

Power Slap 1 - Live Finale (Official)
(duration 4:18:13)
-- source

Now I am sure we are headed for the bottom. Over four hours of people slapping each other in some kind of contest? The public finds this entertaining? I am appalled.

I nominate all of the contestants to the Idiots Hall Of Fame.

Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2