Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Our surroundings 
Site Admin

Post Our surroundings
Our immediate environment plays a vital role in who we are and how we behave. The ruling sociopaths know that, and so they slowly and almost imperceptibly re-engineer our environment to better control us.

The impact our surroundings have on our mental health is often greater than we realize. A friend of mine has been feeling depressed for a number of weeks now. This comes at an interesting time, as the "big" news that the media is presenting us is very similar, that being the suicide of the much loved comedian Robin Williams, apparently due to depression. An entertaining man of great success who seems to have the American dream completely nailed down just can't bear to live it and kills himself in desperation to escape his painful reality. By emphasizing that story across the popular media, it's almost as if the ruling sociopaths, who try every which way to reduce our numbers, are subtly saying we should just kill ourselves.

So my friend, who is very much into art, asks me to help her rearrange a framed print on her living room wall. Interesting name, "living room". She wants to change the print from a horizontal orientation to a vertical orientation, thinking the change to her environment might improve her mental state, which hasn't been helped by the Robin Williams story so prevalent in the media. So I pull the print down, turn it, and hold it up on the wall for her to judge how it looks. She's not sure it's an improvement. I agree and make a suggestion. "You know, what you should do is move those paintings over there to this wall and use them to accent the slope of your ceiling and the colors of the surrounding environment. And then put this print where those paintings are now." Bingo!

With the paintings in place, she loved it. Then she began to put her sculptures back on the furniture underneath the paintings. "No," I said. "That line needs to be clean. Just put the three round objects at the end, and put them in ascending size to again emphasize the diagonal."

The end result had us both grinning in delight. My friend wonders why, after all these years, and with her background in artistic discernment, she never thought to put the paintings where they obviously belonged. But more importantly, their new ideal location has lifted her spirits. "You saved my life," she kept telling me. "You really did." Well, maybe. All I know is that we made an effort to improve a small part of the world, her "living room", by just a tiny amount. And it worked.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]