Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Parasite! 
Site Admin

Post Parasite!
I couldn't decide where to place this topic on parasites. It could fit under many different headings. A forum search on the word "parasite" brought up some really interesting posts and illustrated the variety of topics that relate to parasites.

This introductory piece is from a precious metals dealer in Colorado. It's about a parasite called mistletoe, and a parasite called U.S. government.

Don Stott wrote:
Mistletoe

Everyone got a kiss under a mistletoe at one time or another? It's common at holiday time to hang a mistletoe leaf or branch above a doorway and anyone under it gets a kiss. Fun! Unfortunately, the mistletoe is a very sinister little plant. A poisonous plant, which will kill its host tree. Let me explain. Mistletoe is common in Texas, which I spent a couple of weeks in of late. (I am back early. Two weeks is enough vacation!). I learned all about mistletoe while I was there. Driving down Texas highways, one will see clumps of green on deciduous trees, which have grown brown for the winter. Those green clumps are mistletoe. Birds love the seeds and leaves of mistletoe, and their droppings, or seeds stuck to their feet, land on other trees, and mistletoe takes root on that tree. Mistletoe depends on its host tree for water, sugar, and what it needs to grow. It gradually kills the host tree, and much faster if more than one mistletoe is attached to the tree. It sucks the life out of the tree. Mistletoe is a parasite.

After learning about mistletoe, my mind naturally wandered towards the mess we are in, and naturally, it made me think of the vicious federal government, and all its tentacles, which are gradually killing its host, the American taxpayers. Who would have thought that pretty mistletoe, inviting a kiss, would be a tree killer? Who would have thought that a huge federal government, giving handouts and support to most everyone, would be devouring us? But it is! Just like the host tree, when mistletoe attached itself to it, it gradually dies, because its life-giving substance is being sucked out of it by that adorable little, pretty, green mistletoe. The almighty D.C. federal octopus is surrounded by the wealthiest counties in America, because of the huge wages paid to its workers by us taxpayers, who never voted for it. As birds pick up mistletoe seeds or eat them, the disease spreads and kills more trees. The parasitic federal government, is almost exactly like the parasite mistletoe. A dictionary definition of a parasite is, "A thing which lives at the expense of another."

Try to start a business now in America, and you will be hindered and hampered by dozens of unelected bureaucrats and inspectors, who are totally dependent on you for their existence. Parasites, in other words. What do you suppose the parasitic NSA (National Security Agency) cost us for their knowing everything about us, including where we are, where we have been, and our correspondence? It has been estimated that the NSA costs us $52.6 billion a year, but I think that is nonsense. The new building in Utah, which has to be one of the largest complexes anywhere in the world, has to cost that much by itself, or more. The $17 trillion debt now afflicting the solvency of America got there not by our votes, but by the mistletoe D.C. outrage, which spreads its infection nationwide, seemingly without limits, as it grows yearly, sucking the very lifeblood out of its citizens, just like mistletoe sucks the life essence out of the trees it lands on, and without the trees' permission, or our permission. The tree is helpless to defend itself, and we are helpless to defend ourselves from the parasitic federal government, of which 95% is totally unnecessary, and mere parasites on us, the helpless taxpayers.

It's very easy to say that we can vote them out of office, but it never works, because the average American voter has but a microscopic amount of of intelligence. As I write this on Sunday afternoon, America is riveted to the boob tube, to see who will be in the Super Bowl. Every other time, they are stuck on their flat screens, watching inane sit-coms, with over a third of the show time taken by commercials. (I refuse to watch any commercial shows other than Fox News, and I'm getting tired of that, it seems). If the voter has no idea of what he is voting for, or what is wrong with America, as reflected in his vote, what is the future for America? We are being overrun with illegals, and a huge federal government, both of which are parasitic, and few of the 575 members of the House and Senate will vote to stop the parasites. We are watching the long, slow, nerve-racking death of a once grand Republic. Poisoned by its legislatures over the last hundred years, who get elected by those to whom they allow to help themselves at the public trough. In other words, they buy votes by promising handouts. This is historically the way a nation collapses. By reckless government spending and ignorant voters. Happens time after time, be it in England, Rome, Greece, Spain, Portugal, or others.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:13 am

Post Re: Parasite!
The parasite is slowly revealing itself and in return it is openly killing the host for its treachery. We are recycling the Dark ages for sure.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]