Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
The Lotus Eaters 

Post Re: The Lotus Eaters
John Rappoport

One-page proof that attributing consciousness to the brain is absurd

Quote:
Conventional science readily admits (insists) that the brain is made of the same particles that constitute everything else in the universe: rocks, chairs, comets, meteors, galaxies.

According to conventional physicists, these particles are not conscious.

Therefore, there is no reason to conclude the brain is conscious.

The brain has no more ability to spawn consciousness than a rock does.

End of story. End of proof.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:01 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
One-page proof...

This is not "proof" of anything other than the idiocy of man.

The premise upon which this argument relies is that we know what consciousness is. We don't. End of story. End of proof.

Quote:
The brain has no more ability to spawn consciousness than a rock does.

The organization of matter can create attributes that the unorganized matter does not have. That alone is sufficient to invalidate the above statement and others of its type.

Some people badly want consciousness to originate outside the human body. They make clever but faulty arguments like Rappoport. Other people badly want consciousness to originate inside the human body. They also make clever but faulty arguments. A few people have no bias about where consciousness originates, and they realize that we really don't know what we are talking about. A few of those embrace the uncertainty of the entire existential situation, but nevertheless seek the truth, knowing that truth for limited human beings is both subjective and probabilistic. They ask questions and seek the answers, but are wary of certainty.

What is consciousness? What are its attributes? Can we measure those attributes? If we can't measure them, how can we tell which objects are conscious, or where consciousness exists?

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:30 pm

The Antichrist Barack Obama and The Satanic Occult - Satanist Aleister Crowley's "Law of Reversal"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqHTvQKqCNs

Update January 12, 2020: Wow, that video has been completely scrubbed from the Internet, as far as I can determine. This is total censorship, the apparent theme of 2019 with the Jewish ADL in charge of cleaning up the Internet on the payroll of Google and YouTube. With the Jewish sociopaths, the truth must be hidden, if their scams are to succeed.

Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:43 pm
Site Admin

This is related to the Joseph Atwill interview posted here about his book Caesar's Messiah: The Roman Conspiracy to Invent Jesus.

Quote:
Historical researcher Michael Paulkovich has claimed that Jesus of Nazareth was a ‘mythical character’ and never existed.

The controversial discovery was apparently made after he found no verifiable mention of Christ from 126 writers during the ‘time of Jesus’ from the first to third centuries. -- source

Could the story of Jesus Christ be the most successful disinformation campaign of the last two millennia? If the CIA can invent al-Qaeda and get much of the world's population to believe in it using the modern mainstream media, is it so unbelievable that an invented Jesus Christ could be made believable via the Bible, the mainstream media of its era, delivered by preachers to whoever would take the time to listen?

Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:25 am

Once you can understand how the Devil works and what is his world, then it becomes clear that our human system would produce a Christ. This is fundamental, this is how nature works. In the same way how innate systems within nature are created.

Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:28 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Once you can understand how the Devil works and what is his world, then it becomes clear that our human system would produce a Christ.

It's also clear to me why our human system would produce a Devil and a God and over one thousand different religions that for the most part don't agree with and won't tolerate the others. That's the point: all of it was created by the mind of man, and for the most part, it is utter fantasy.

Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:16 pm

Its the truth of the world and its evidenced by our history of our innate attachment to God. The Devil has wonderfully turned this against us and now is ready to eliminate it all together with Science.

Quote:
“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.” 1 John 3:8

Quote:
“Forasmuch then as the children (mankind) are partakers of flesh and blood, he (Jesus) also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;” Hebrews 2:14

Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:30 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Quote:
“For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”

You are taking the words in the Bible as literal truth, which they are not. Books are written by men, and what they put in books is from the minds of men. Literal truth does not flow from the minds of men. Far from it.

Even if we assume the writing here is true, Jesus failed to destroy the works of the devil. He didn't even put a dent in them. Evil is succeeding in the world spectacularly. Why? We don't need supernatural beings to explain that success. Organized sociopaths fill the bill to a tee.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, and I recognize your right to believe whatever you want to believe that doesn't cause significant harm. I am simply exercising my right to seek the truth. You accept the God-Jesus-Devil story as the truth. I certainly don't. It's a point of contention and discussion.

If you believe the source of evil is in the non-human realm, what can you do about it? Nothing. Gods are in complete control, and you have no control in comparison. However, if the source of evil is psychologically deviant humans, as I maintain with copious supporting evidence, then you could do something about that and potentially have some kind of effect.

That's kind of a reverse "Pascal's Wager", wouldn't you say? :lol:

Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:23 pm

I'm verifying my own insight with the bible. You have no clue what I'm talking about and arrogantly strut your certainty. You show in this area limited wisdom of what u expound in other areas. My advice is u see these positions as a Mexican standoff because u will look foolish expousing your precepts in empathy, liberty and such.

Literal truth can expound from anywhere.

Jesus absolutely put a big dent. He told the truth and even prophesied the outcome, so when u pass on u will then realize it was u who deceived yourself.

Evil succeeds for a time because god wants u to know what it is through your own freedom.

U rebuild your connection to god, find your way home.

U miss much as above so below, so in doing what I do I fight your psychopathy.

Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:07 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
I'm verifying my own insight with the bible. You have no clue what I'm talking about and arrogantly strut your certainty. You show in this area limited wisdom of what u expound in other areas. My advice is u see these positions as a Mexican standoff because u will look foolish expousing your precepts in empathy, liberty and such.

Wow. I wish I could help you get past that perspective. I don't have a problem with looking foolish, because I have nothing to defend but the truth, and the truth needs no defense. You are verifying your beliefs with the user's manual of those beliefs, the Bible. That's hardly impartial or reasonable.

magamud wrote:
so when u pass on u will then realize it was u who deceived yourself.

By the gods above, I hope you are right! I would truly look forward to such a revelation if I thought it had half a chance of being true.

magamud wrote:
so in doing what I do I fight your psychopathy.

No kidding? I think that is wonderful! I strongly encourage fighting psychopathy. May the truth be with you!

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next