Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Absurdism 

Post Re: Absurdism
Quick point in possible miscommunication. I am a strong believer in staying away from all is Illusion. Please see the Lotus Eaters thread for more context. IF its all an illusion there is no responsibility. I am quite fascinated by how these staunch "NO Mind" "all is an illusion advocates" have supposed logical arguments, when there end game is all an illusion. Kind of like playing both sides but thinking its one? If these tough fellas were so enamored by their philosophy they should take a vow of silence and live on top of a Mountain in solitude. Oh ya many people have done that already and were still here in this shit.
I believe there is a plan, which is known to all humans inside their being. It might be a whisper, it might be a feeling, it might just be a passing thought on a circular train, but it is there.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:04 pm
magamud wrote:
Quick point in possible miscommunication. I am a strong believer in staying away from all is Illusion. Please see the Lotus Eaters thread for more context. IF its all an illusion there is no responsibility. I am quite fascinated by how these staunch "NO Mind" "all is an illusion advocates" have supposed logical arguments, when there end game is all an illusion. Kind of like playing both sides but thinking its one? If these tough fellas were so enamored by their philosophy they should take a vow of silence and live on top of a Mountain in solitude. Oh ya many people have done that already and were still here in this shit.
I believe there is a plan, which is known to all humans inside their being. It might be a whisper, it might be a feeling, it might just be a passing thought on a circular train, but it is there.

I agree that "illusion thinking" is right up there with "fairies". The same goes for ideologies which are based in "never never land". I believe there is a beautiful mind within us all, hopefully a beautiful heart and hopefully an awareness of a "journey", and maybe even a "destination" which is not confined by acquired ignorance. No man can advocate no responsibility, for in my book, such a man does not deserve to be replied.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:55 pm
magamud wrote:

If we assume there is no ultimate truth, and that all truth can only be subjective, don't we end up in the same place as those who make up their illusional (delusional) truth? :shock:

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:22 pm
Site Admin

truthunter wrote:
If we assume there is no ultimate truth, and that all truth can only be subjective, don't we end up in the same place as those who make up their illusional (delusional) truth? :shock:

That depends on our underlying philosophy. If we value comfort over the pursuit of truth, then yes. If we value the pursuit of truth over comfort, then no.

It all depends on our "values".

A simple example is an addicted drug-user. The truth is that the drug usage is destroying the person, but the person doesn't care as long as he can have the comfort provided by the drug.

The most direct illustration is the famous psychology experiment with the rat and the lever. The rat had electrodes implanted in its head that directly stimulated the pleasure centers of the brain. The rat could control the stimulation by pushing a lever. Once the rat accidentally learned this, it spent the rest of its existence pushing the lever until it quickly died of exhaustion and dehydration.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:38 pm
Chicodoodoo wrote:
It all depends on our "values".

I agree.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Value system for sure. The "No Minders" are very dangerous people in my book. Equal to the psychopaths on the other side. They can have dialogue on value and truth, but when it gets inconvenient they slip into this "All is illusion" nothing matters to save their Ego. Its a compartmentalized mind using Zen as the elixir to understanding. So in a sense you have The Ghandi approach to translate Reason, when in fact its a Ruse. Nexus is surrounded with such people, with a King a Queen and a Court Jester to seal the strong perspective.
I think an impasse with an Atheist and a man of Faith is getting caught up in circular theorizing of Value or Truth to a hypothetical situation. Not that it cant be done, but Real time dynamics show how Value and truth are Objective Ideals.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2