Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
WHERE DOES TRUTH ORIGINATE? 
Post Re: WHERE DOES TRUTH ORIGINATE?
truthunter wrote:
WOULDN'T SOCIOPATHIC TRUTH BE JUST AS VALID AS ANY OTHER?

No. Subjective truth has scale. You can still judge its merit by a variety of means, like evidence, logic, expert peer review, consensus, benefit analysis, practicality, results, etc.

Isn't that scale even subject to subjective truth? :?

Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:53 am
Site Admin

truthunter wrote:

Absolutely.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:44 pm
truthunter wrote:

Absolutely.

How can that be absolutely true if everything is but subjective truth? :crazy:

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:54 pm

Local truths.

Global truths.

Universal truths.

Etc.

"What is truth?" ... we must inquire this before we ask where truth originates.

Truth is what transpires, but we cannot measure this as it is happening.

Truth is also what has transpired ... and we can measure this using objective standards as well as established standards.

Truth is not what is expected to transpire ... that is faith and/or the probability of truth, not truth itself.

The argument of timelessness (which renders the arguments of past, present, and future) ... is hypothetical.

So we are indeed attempting to understand time-anchored truth(s). And of these time-ancored truths, only the past can be measured (e.g. processed by the human brain). Ergo, truths that are understood in the human sense, even the objective truths, must all reside in the past. A consequence of this line of argument is that truths are never subjective in nature ... and only become subjective through the mitigating lens of the observer.

Question begs, is there any such thing as absolute truths?

Ans: all truths are absolute in nature ... but nonabsolute creatures (e.g. humans) can only approximate this absolute nature.

A major consequence of approximate truths - the only kind humans can access - is that anyone who expects more than approximation (as a burden to bear) ... is necessarily an eternal optimist, who lives on high principles and thrives on contempt for humans ... for humans are creatures born to the lower and low rungs, to climb to high and higher rungs on an infinite ladder.

ps: Alas, infinity had swallowed whole far loftier ambitions than raised by the mind of man.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:35 pm
Site Admin

truthunter wrote:
How can that be absolutely true if everything is but subjective truth? :crazy:

It's like saying "change is the only constant." It appears to contradict itself, but in fact does not.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:43 pm
Site Admin

Nice, Zook! It's so refreshing when we can discuss a subject that does not conflict with your personal interests, because then you become reasonable once again. That's the Zook I enjoy! Well, truth be told, I even enjoy it when you're not reasonable, because you do it with a certain style.

There is nothing in your post on truth that I would debate. It reminds me of the "old" days, before I learned the truth about Nexus. We rarely disagreed back then. Ah, nostalgia ... :D

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:02 pm

Quote:
Truth is what transpires, but we cannot measure this as it is happening.

There are so many options to identify truth its mind boggling. Truth can be as simple as supper and complicated as an Atom smasher.

Quote:
Truth is not what is expected to transpire

If I was working with an Atheist for the day I would not even challenge his law of believability. I would wait to see if his law of knowledge would be tested from things beyond my control, so he would not blame me, for the
the experience, etc.... I would do my best to not contaminate the crime scene. I point this out because I believe this to be a missing component in uniting people and suggesting a singularity or a Logos.

In other words there are paradigm reality references that co-exist without each other knowing this. The left hand knows not what the right is doing. This is at root with cognitive dissonance, pathology etc...Being aware of Reality is like creating a black hole, it produces a Singularity that reorganizes the existing System. This could tie into respecting a person Faith belief system. This is how the Atheist can co-exist with a Spiritualist. In Reverse projection it is the Atheist who is contempt of ignorance with investigation. Most good atheist, skeptics, even Religionist do not know how to respect this "Certain" space, since they No not what it is and Ergo, have no reference point. Their reference point is usually a projection of Religion untested by someone with Wisdom.

It's not necessarily a physical approximation thing, its the impasse of the inability for contemporary communications to communicate a state of reality, that many people are going through. This is an epidemic.
I suspect this has to do with the overall MK Ancient programming and in General how our species evolves and compartmentalizes the mind. Its the Gap between a psychopath and an empath. A program or a live tv show, or the difference between a man and a women.

Quote:
that is faith and/or the probability of truth, not truth itself.

This perhaps would be a general rule, but I would not dismiss it. Catching the anomalies is the trick. They eventually turn into a pattern, then a Narrative...

Quote:
The argument of timelessness (which renders the arguments of past, present, and future) ... is hypothetical.

There are timeless truths which are Morals. We have enough evidence of human behavior to acknowledge this...If this is not true, then you could be the Anomaly and are in need of further investigation. :)

Quote:
truths are never subjective in nature ... and only become subjective through the mitigating lens of the observer.

Sure that is true and easy to get, and you could get everyone to agree a fruit is a fruit. This model would probably not be the best to extrapolate, intangibles, anomalies or deception at first.
Its a Creative process, but your model would need a seal of approval for further distribution.

Quote:
Question begs, is there any such thing as absolute truths?

Lots of physical as well as verbal truths that are absolute. Natural consequences can get there too. Laws of physics....

Quote:
is that anyone who expects more than approximation (as a burden to bear) ... is necessarily an eternal optimist, who lives on high principles and thrives on contempt for humans

This is a good example of the Nexus dynamics, but I would also reverse this and use the eternal pessimist. They both fit nicely...Not to say that the stars of the latest drama fit into it, but more for, behind the scenes players. The whole Moral of the story is timeless, with past episodes, current dealings and most predictably future ventures.
Same ole story....

Quote:
for humans are creatures born to the lower and low rungs, to climb to high and higher rungs on an infinite ladder.

This sounds like a romantic dream...

Quote:
ps: Alas, infinity had swallowed whole far loftier ambitions than raised by the mind of man.

Telling...

Last edited by magamud on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:59 pm
Quote:
It's not necessarily a physical approximation thing, its the impasse of the inability for contemporary communications to communicate a state of reality, that many people are going through. This is an epidemic.

:clap:

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:41 am

In part you have to cultivate truth. If you are lucky you get Deeds available to you to try, otherwise its in Moral lessons.
Morals can be invisible, as they are ideas.
Morality is an energy with gravity and you can manipulate it.
It can shift through you, me and everything possible.
Tending to your own garden, you see patterns, cycles, fulcrums etc...You then apply your energy.
Timing is everything, with rhythm, melody and a swing....

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4