Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
WHERE DOES TRUTH ORIGINATE? 
Site Admin

Post Re: WHERE DOES TRUTH ORIGINATE?
In the sub-conscious mind you can travel into the future and experience truth.

Would somebody please do this for us and prepare a complete and detailed report?

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:47 am

IMO - The higher self is yourself in the future.

The higher self is another name for the subconscious mind.

When in a trance state you can go to the future and experience life as you want it to be then come back to the present and let go of fear for the future.

I have clients who live in extreme fear. Fear of flying, fear of people, panic attacks when driiving into tunnels, etc. I work with their subconscious minds where they are seeing themselves doing whatever without fear and experiencing a sense of control. We practise this senario. Experience it in trance. Yes, they have great success with their fearful behaviours. So I presume that counts as altering the future in the present.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:15 am
I work with their subconscious minds where they are seeing themselves doing whatever without fear and experiencing a sense of control. We practise this senario. Experience it in trance. Yes, they have great success with their fearful behaviours. So I presume that counts as altering the future in the present.

That's interesting. I find that I do this naturally anyway. If I need to undertake a task that is new to me, I will work through the task in my mind many times including 'what if' scenario's too, so that I have already spotted any possible problems and how to resolve them. When I get to undertake the task 'for real', I have already done it several times before (in my mind), and I can just do the task without even (apparently) resorting to my conscious mind.........it just happens.

I believe that this method is used quite widely by professional sports people.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:21 pm
Quote:
I work with their subconscious minds where they are seeing themselves doing whatever without fear and experiencing a sense of control. We practise this senario. Experience it in trance. Yes, they have great success with their fearful behaviours. So I presume that counts as altering the future in the present.

I believe in REALITY. I don't care how many times a person is in a therapeutic trance, they will crash and burn if they try to keep up with me on my roadway. Being able to handle a race machine is ONLY for those who have worked their way up to one, and so it is with most everything else in life...including LOVE. Can you put someone in a trance and help them love their enemies? If anyone thinks so...I know where there are a few million Jews and Arabs. :shock: Love is not something you can obtain...it obtains YOU. :)

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:47 pm
Let's keep it REAL. I know everyone is more than happy to share their opinions about truth but we have to make a SERIOUS effort to steer away from subjective truth if we are going to get to where truth originates.

The truth that we are after must apply just as much to humanity 2,000 years ago as it would to folks today and 1,000,000 years in the future. 2,000 years ago people didn't care about no subconscious stuff, and in 5,000 years into the future that won't even be a topic either.

Where does truth for all humanity of all time periods originate?

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:40 pm
Site Admin

truthunter wrote:
Where does truth for all humanity of all time periods originate?

Truth originates from the activities of the universe.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:06 am
Quote:
Truth originates from the activities of the universe.

Good start. It seems that there remains all those who can but measure the activities of the universe in their own comprehension...thus we are right back to relative truth. :roll:

Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:49 am
Site Admin

truthunter wrote:
It seems that there remains all those who can but measure the activities of the universe in their own comprehension...thus we are right back to relative truth. :roll:

Exactly. Subjective truth is the only truth that we can "know". That's why we need to share our experiences of truth rather than dictate our truth to others. Truth is static when we dictate it, but it is dynamic when we share it. Only when it is dynamic can it approach objective truth. This is captured by the old saying, "Many heads are better than one."

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:28 am
Quote:
Exactly. Subjective truth is the only truth that we can "know".

So if subjective truth is all we can know, then we are doomed to always guessing at objective truth.

If we can't know objective truth, who is to say what truth is what?
WOULDN'T SOCIOPATHIC TRUTH BE JUST AS VALID AS ANY OTHER?
If we say no, then aren't we determining truth for them as well? :?
What court would we take them to if even the court has it's own subjective truth? :shock:

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:37 am
Site Admin

truthunter wrote:
WOULDN'T SOCIOPATHIC TRUTH BE JUST AS VALID AS ANY OTHER?

No. Subjective truth has scale. You can still judge its merit by a variety of means, like evidence, logic, expert peer review, consensus, benefit analysis, practicality, results, etc.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next