Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
WHERE DOES TRUTH ORIGINATE? 
Post WHERE DOES TRUTH ORIGINATE?
Here is a fine question of the day. Where does truth originate and who is to say where it came from?

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:16 am

Post Re: WHERE DOES TRUTH ORIGINATE?
I can honesty say I find it within.

(you know the body is the temple of God stuff).

The truth for me is a visceral resonance, not an intellectual exercise.

In the heart.

It changes depending on unseen vibrations affecting our level of consciousness, and what we are collectively experiencing. It depends on which era you were born in.

The truths of 500 years ago are not the same today.

But you know how I feel about finite concepts and I understand your perspective.

If it is in your heart and pure.....ethical and moral......that is all that matters isn't it?

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:38 am

It comes from your Heart beat.....

Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:03 am

There is no vocabulary that can express the truth of the existence of reality. Reality is truth, though people find so many interpretations of truth, that one cannot help being confused.

One tries to get into the heart of truth but it always eludes because one cannot get a mental grasp of it. This is the problem of language, because language exists in the mental realm.

Since truth is beyond the mental realm, it cannot be grasped except through the internal vision.

Last edited by loveandgratitude on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:53 am
Site Admin

Objective truth just is.

Subjective truth is experienced, either directly through your own senses or via someone else and their experiences. The problems with subjective truth are numerous and daunting. Our senses are very limited (though we don't usually think of them as limited, because they are all we know). As a result, an experience may not make sense, so we grope for interpretations or explanations, which are often wrong. Or the experience may make perfect sense in the context of our very limited understanding of the world, yet still be inaccurately interpreted or explained. Either path can result in false beliefs that we call truth.

Humans can only experience truth subjectively, as far as I know (meaning this is subjective truth, too). That realization should give us great pause when it comes to being certain about truth.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:32 am
truthunter wrote:
Here is a fine question of the day. Where does truth originate and who is to say where it came from?

This question requires some context, so can you please define 'truth'?

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 am

I'm not sure where truth originates. I believe the closest I ever get to truth is through expansion of my heart centre.

Warm wishes...
Lee

Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:23 pm
Quote:
This question requires some context, so can you please define 'truth'?

Good question to the question. :)

Chico did a good job in identifying that we must think in subjective truths and objective truths.

Let's take 9/11 as an example...

Each of us has our own ''truth'' about what happened. All of our ''truths'' about what happened add up to ''subjective truth'', unless someone who knew beforehand about 9/11....like GEORGE W. BUSH. Would his ''truth'' still be considered ''subjective''?

Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Truth cannot exist as an abstract notion. Truth as an abstract notion could only be a 'theory' that can be regarded as correct, therefore, it could also be regarded as incorrect.........
I'm with Lee on this one, our language doesn't have the tools to verbalise it very well, but truth is a knowing from / by the heart.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:48 pm
Quote:
I'm with Lee on this one, our language doesn't have the tools to verbalise it very well, but truth is a [i]knowing from / by the heart

I'm with Lee too. :) However, we must be careful about the heart, for the heart is known to ''process'' truth as it does love. It can be somewhat jealous and seeking it's own interest. :shock:

Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next