Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
The BIBLE is for IDIOTS 
Post Re: The BIBLE is for IDIOTS
Quote:
And, I do give the Elohim a second thought.....

WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO WHEN YOU KNOW YOU CAN ONLY ATTAIN UNCERTAINTY?

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:06 am

I will chime in here to echo Chico's argument of uncertainty.

IMO, it is better to remain uncertain about things one cannot prove than to try and prove them.

Faith is all good ... as long as it doesn't lock horns with science.

Complementary quantities as opposed to combative/contradictive quantities.

Faith and Science ... different cars on the same train (heading in the same direction) ... or different trains on parallel tracks (at times, heading in the same direction; at times heading in opposite directions) ... the problems arise when they are different trains on the same track (heading in opposite directions towards each other).

Science attempts to destroy uncertainty (e.g. by filling in a gap).

Faith attempts to preserve uncertainty (e.g. building a bridge across a gap).

FBOFW, some gaps cannot be filled, only bridged. Alas, bridges can be burned ... or they can collapse if not properly maintained.

Humble observations all around.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:43 pm
Quote:
Science attempts to destroy uncertainty (e.g. by filling in a gap).

Faith attempts to preserve uncertainty (e.g. building a bridge across a gap).

Zook, As I see it, both science and faith have their shortcomings and neither can prove truth, for what is not of truth is uncertainty of it. The reason I began to study the Bible many, many moons ago was not to become religious or even to gain ''faith", but to simply know if TRUTH is to be found in that book. What I have found is that you can believe what you want, but it all means nothing unless you have an unforgettable experience with that which you seek. It's like internet dating...you can fall in love with someone and not have a clue who they really are...unless you actually meet them. :shock:

As I read and read a terrible translation of the Bible years ago, I began to connect some dots. Enough dots to get ''attention'' from a reality I have never know of. Things began to happen in my life even the next day. I felt kind of like Frodo when he put the ring on. No, I didn't do drugs. My entire world turned upside down and I even met a life form that literally scared the bejeebees out of me. And that wasn't just then, for I have had supernatural things happen to be since...including being dead. :shock:

It's all kind of like the UFO scene. You have probably never ''experienced'' one, so you can only go by what you have heard. Well, once you have actually seen one up close and personal, you will never be stuck with having a mere ''opinion'', for you will have tasted the reality of it. From there of course, you have to try and connect a different set of dots. We never seem to have a shortage of those ''dots'', do we.

Last edited by truthunter on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:51 pm

-

- from
The Bible for Beginners :

Quote:
You do not put your fence
On the edge of the cliff

(also on morale , I guess)

:- )

nm

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:57 pm
Site Admin

truthunter wrote:
Then you choose to make ''uncertainty'' your ''G-D''.

:lol:
Oh, really? What about other things I get comfortable with. Do I choose to make them my "G-d" as well? I have this feather pillow I'm really comfortable with, but you won't find me praying to it.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:58 am
Quote:
Oh, really? What about other things I get comfortable with. Do I choose to make them my "G-d" as well?

It is only ''human'' to make our own idols. Look how many men worship their car or truck. How many women their clothes or home? How many people live for money? Science can be a ''G-D''. Nature can be your ''G-D''. Your own mind can be your ''G-D''. We have ''g-d's'' regardless of what we may think or believe. "G-d's'' are our ''pacifiers'' through life.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2