Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Darwinism 

Post Re: Darwinism
If you spend your life time building a Tower of Babel, it takes a very unique man to accept he is wrong. With todays power in Towers, this would be hard to find.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Evolution And The Fabled Mutations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s9oKio- ... ion_817251

Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:59 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Evolution And The Fabled Mutations

"Now, you know the truth."

Oh, that guy is funny. Count on the creationists to occupy the ground of absolute certainty combined with ignorance -- a crippling combination.

Mutations do not give rise to a new species. Genetic drift does, over very long periods of time that most humans cannot even fathom. Mutations and other mechanisms of genetic change produce genetic drift. As usual, the creationist makes a straw man argument that starts with a flawed premise which itself resulted from misunderstanding.

The arguments that simple-minded people come up with to defend their certainty are simply amazing. Hopefully, I won't fall in the category, but don't bet on it. After all, I'm human.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:03 am

Quote:
Genetic drift does

Thats a good one.

Quote:
most humans cannot even fathom

It takes so so so long to produce another species, man cant comprehend. Thats called covering your tracks. :lol:

Any good points from the video there chic?

Quote:
Hopefully, I won't fall in the category

Your acting like you already did...

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:54 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Chicodoodoo wrote:
Genetic drift does
It takes so so so long to produce another species, man cant comprehend. Thats called covering your tracks.

It's gradual change, like the Sphinx weathering away when it used to rain a lot in Egypt. Very few people can imagine that on their own when viewing the Sphinx today in that dry desert.
magamud wrote:
Chicodoodoo wrote:
Hopefully, I won't fall in the category

Your acting like you already did...

Well, now is your chance to correct me, but you'll need better than that silly video with the idiot that thinks he understands evolution.

From the video:
Quote:
"For a mutation to cause one type of living organism to turn into another type of viable living organism would indeed be a miracle. Now the evolutionist is back to square one, looking at an intelligent designer."

Evolution makes no such claim. This is just a public misconception based on a poor understanding of evolution, which is the product of the usual suspect, oversimplifying the complex.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:27 am

Why are you so polarized in this area?

Sure there is evolution or adaption, but a brand new species from ape to man. Really?

Is someone supposed to believe in that because it takes so long and most simple humans cant phatham the depths of time that it takes? That sounds like Sci FI shit to me.

Nobody knows for sure. Guessing game at best. Take a hike...

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:36 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Sure there is evolution or adaption, but a brand new species from ape to man. Really?

No, that's not how it happens. The common ancestor of man and ape would be neither modern man nor modern ape. Nor would it be likely to be a single individual, but a group of individuals. And that's assuming no deliberate genetic interference from off-world species.

Quote:
Is someone supposed to believe in that because it takes so long and most simple humans cant phatham the depths of time that it takes?

No, you're not supposed to believe in it. You are supposed to examine the evidence with due diligence and decide for yourself. And you would only do that if you were interested in truth-seeking, which as we all know, means very few will pursue it.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:52 am

Quote:
No, you're not supposed to believe in it.

You really do take your empiricism to a gaudy level. When you are dealing with the origin of our species you are Believing in it. This is not a cigar is a cigar.
Belief being faith. Now thats some irony....

Quote:
And you would only do that if you were interested in truth-seeking, which as we all know, means very few will pursue it.

Indeed....

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:57 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
When you are dealing with the origin of our species you are Believing in it.

No, it's not a faith-based belief. Give me a better explanation with better supporting evidence and I will change my convictions. I've done it before.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:05 am

Quote:
Give me a better explanation

I am trying. I am just saying loosen up your tightness in this area of Theory. Sure there is adaption, but incremental alternative species? This is in general what evolutionist believe, that Man evolved from Apes. And your proof is buried in Aeons of planetary cooking is a shite foundation.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next