Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
What about the BIBLE? 
Post What about the BIBLE?
I put this subject under Philosophy not Religion because I personally don't care to recognize "religion". In my book, religion is man trying to understand (and please) some unknown "being" and using "assumption" to accomplish it. :shock:

The Bible is the best selling book of all time, and interesting enough, the least read (per copies sold), and definitely the most misquoted and most misunderstood book ever. Entire RELIGIONS were started, based on this book, and thousands of churches exist today, with "paid preachers" to make it all another nice way to do "business". 8-)

Religions prey off people's fears and there is no shortage of that. Translators had to "adapt" the original Bible to fit their culture, and to make it understandable to the reading audience. It is likened to a momma bird chewing up a worm and then feeding it to it's young. :? Hence preachers gallor. So if the Bible contained TRUTH, they would have to explain "what truth". Well, it turns out that TRUTH can not be paraphrased. :shock:

For this thread we will use an online Hebrew interlinear Bible http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInte ... _Index.htm to see what we can figure out about what the original Bible actually said. Some may wonder why only the Hebrew, well, maybe we can do a Greek one later, but it is the Hebrew that things got so confused...even for the Jews, as they also have Rabbi's making a "living" and must do a good "business". It is no different than having sociopaths dictate what we aught to "think", and interesting enough, many sociopaths in power go to some kind of Church. :twisted:

What should be noted here is that the Bible itself says to never sell copies of itself. :o And that no one is to be paid for teaching it (to avoid lying preachers). So you see, right there, humanity is guilty of not doing even the basics of what they aught. Like the 10 Commandments they are judged by the very thing they hold fast. :shock:

So the Bible can be a very interesting topic when looked at "logically". Most societies are in existence today because of the Bible's civil laws (thou shalt not murder, steal, etc) and the greatest RULE to live by...The Golden Rule, came right out of this book. So we have to admit that it does have value. Why there are even dinosaurs mentioned in it. :o And that the world was actually a "globe". How did anyone know that back then? :roll:

To start, let's look at the opening verse...Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth". This is the modern Bible translation which is on the right of the online Bible. Now look at the online Hebrew Bible..what does it say?

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:06 am

Post Re: What about the BIBLE?
Gods Plan, Word and his people have been twisted by the Devil and man to blame Gods love as Scornful and Vengeful. If your into showing how the Devil and Man have corrupted the book, be my guest. I will try and interlude when you bring up passages for interpretation.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:23 pm
magamud wrote:
I will try and interlude when you bring up passages for interpretation.

Mag, "interpretation" is what we need to stay clear of, or we are doing the same thing as those who gave us the translation we have. :roll: Remember, it's about what "truth" there is (if any) and TRUTH doesn't do "interpreters". If it doesn't clearly say it, it shouldn't be quoted (as though it clearly said it).

If we can't try to make heads or tails here, we are no better than those we shun. :o

So what does the first verse say?

Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Bro do you want God to manifest in front of you and explain the Bible to you, because you dont want to discern or interpret? Truth can come from anywhere, from a Liar, beggar or a king. With all the lies mixed with truth your very evolution is on how well you can Interpret your surroundings. You are not going to get anything for Free with truth, you have to work for it. But you did say truth finds you. We are trying to interpret Truth in real time between you and me, it does not get better then that.

God created the Universe...

Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:30 pm
magamud wrote:

God created the Universe...

Mag, you are making my point by saying "God created the Universe". It never said that in the REAL BIBLE. Go to the link and tell me what it REALLY said. We better not try and know truth on heresay. :shock:

Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Dude, God created the Universe, Devil, humans, sparrows, etc...Im not sure what your trying to do, but I dont take the Bible completely literally. You have to discern the information. So you trying to box me in with some Literal writing by a Bible you know of a thousand years ago wont work...

Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:13 pm

No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Luke 16:13

Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:51 pm

in beginning he created Elohim, the heavens and the earth.
Lee

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:41 pm
Site Admin

truthunter wrote:
...and the greatest RULE to live by...The Golden Rule, came right out of this book.

Just wanted to clarify that the Golden Rule predates the Bible, and that the Bible is not the source of the Golden Rule, or moral laws, or ethics, or much of anything, actually.

Which makes me wonder why we put any emphasis on the Bible to begin with.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:30 pm

Quote:
Which makes me wonder why we put any emphasis on the Bible to begin with.

Well if your not interested in "Spiritual" insights I would agree. Then mans dynamics on Good or Bad are sufficient.
Unfortunately Chic, quite a number of people believe in something beyond man. Quite a predicament, and quite the Reality.
You can try to ignore it if you like....

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 265 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next