Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
The Empathic Civilisation 

Post Re: The Empathic Civilisation
Chicodoodoo wrote:
Canzirka wrote:
(I disregarded the tendency of these personality types to be masters of mimicry, because I was hoping).

That is one of the crucial strengths of sociopaths -- the mimicry. They study us intently to learn exactly what puts us at ease, and then they use what they have learned to manipulate us.

On the other hand, one of the crucial weaknesses of non-sociopaths is hope -- the hope that others feel as we do and can be trusted. We tend to assume both, which is accurate 90% of the time. But then we fall for the mimicry of the sociopath, thinking they are like us, and so we trust them. Then they betray us.

Clinton did it, Bush did it, and Obama did it. Nearly all of Congress does it. The Supreme Court does it. Our military leaders do it. And so will the next batch of sociopathic lackeys, unless we learn to recognize the predators among us and stop them.

Bingo Chico! Masterfully, and eloquently said. Much appreciated.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:55 am

Chicodoodoo wrote:
Anything we value and consider "good" can be used against us.

You have to trust your own intuition enough to know who is genuine and who is not. Fine tune
your alarm bell system.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:57 am
Site Admin

loveandgratitude wrote:
You have to trust your own intuition....

Even that can be used against us. I'm sure many a con-artist has said something similar to his victims.

Not saying you're a con-artist.... :mrgreen:

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:03 am

Welcome Dukes4monny

Thank you for your contribution to the matrix of information and putting the puzzle of life together.

It takes many people to do this. People that are united for the sharing of information.

I watched the video and i was stuck at the word Shibboleth

I found this word confusing, having such diverse meaning across the whole structure of society and changing its meaning as it progressed with time. It distracted me for awhile.

Once again thank you and intersesting perspective.

Last edited by loveandgratitude on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:08 am

Personally the experience for me is that often intuition knows better than me. The word intuition means higher self. Higher Self always comes up with the best solutions.

You were conned because you did not use your intuition.

OK....I am going to brag now.......I knew Charles was a complete hoax right from the begining.
How did I know that for certain. That feeling I get, that I trust completely, rather empathically.
It even starts banging on my head when I ignore it. We have developed internal and external symbols system, so I can get instant warnings. Works well for me.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:07 am

Quote:
loveandgratitude
OK....I am going to brag now.......I knew Charles was a complete hoax right from the begining.

So did I.

I always trust my intuition....the last thing I like to feel is "I should have" and the only time I feel that way is when I didn't follow my intuition. Always trust your first instinct......even if you perceive it had led you astray....it led you to an experience or revelation you needed at that time. (No regrets).

My adventure in studying the various personality disorders definitely helped hone my intuition. Granted, I needed to have some direct experience with some of them to realize what they were all about and how they operate, but I'm getting better at it every day. Just knowing they were out there helps. Their MO is obvious within a short period of time.

When it comes to politicians, well, until the whole money chain is taken out of politics, we don't have chance.

Exciting times ahead though. I've been waiting for this time for 25 years and so far so good.

Empathy is the most valuable characteristic I think one can have.

I've often wondered....is it something one is born with or is it taught.....or is it both?

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:11 am

IMO - Empathy is a human trait but unfortunately like a beautiful garden it must be nutured, loved and cared for, so it can florish. Most physcopaths were not loved or nutured and suffer horrible treatment. Their path is to find self-love, from which stems love for another/s.

When you love yourself enough, others love you in return.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:32 am
Site Admin

Canzirka wrote:
When it comes to politicians, well, until the whole money chain is taken out of politics, we don't have chance.

That about sums it up!

Quote:
Empathy is the most valuable characteristic I think one can have. I've often wondered....is it something one is born with or is it taught.....or is it both?

It appears that a small percentage of humans are born with little or no empathy, and they cannot be taught to "feel" empathy. These are the sociopaths.

It also appears that those that can feel empathy can be taught to enhance or suppress their empathy. Sociopaths use a wide variety of propaganda techniques and control structures to desensitize the population so that people will feel less empathy. In this way, they mold society in their image.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2