Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
What is the meaning of life? 

Post Re: What is the meaning of life?
magamud wrote:
Oh I thought that was the original teachings of Rama eons ago. Those "No Mind" gurus are out of their mind. I heard one talk about poo poo and pee pee for an hour and how he does not even sleep. Its a mess beyond a mess, with all these folks disenfranchising themselves to Oblivion. I guess its one way to escape from the Madness.

Attachment:
200px-Ramakrishna.jpg
200px-Ramakrishna.jpg [ 11.56 KiB | Viewed 869 times ]

Ramakrishna রামকৃষ্ণ পরমহংস, born 1886 Gadadhar Chattopadhyay, was a famous mystic of 19th-century India. His religious school of thought led to the formation of the Ramakrishna Mission by his chief disciple Swami Vivekananda – both were influential figures in the Bengali Renaissance as well as the Hindu renaissance during the 19th and 20th centuries. Many of his disciples and devotees believe he was an Avatar or incarnation of God. He is also referred as "Paramahamsa" by his devotees, as such he is popularly known as Ramkrishna Paramhamsa.

Ramakrishna was born in a poor Brahmin Vaishnava family in rural Bengal. He became a priest of the Dakshineswar Kali Temple, dedicated to the goddess Kali, which had the influence of the main strands of Bengali bhakti tradition. The most widely known amongst his first spiritual teachers was an ascetic woman skilled in Tantra and Vaishnava bhakti. Later an Advaita Vedantin ascetic taught him non-dual meditation, and according to Ramakrishna, he experienced nirvikalpa samadhi under his guidance. Ramakrishna also experimented with other religions, notably Islam and Christianity, and said that they all lead to the same God. Though conventionally uneducated, he attracted the attention of the middle class, upper middle class and numerous Bengali intellectuals.

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:02 am
magamud wrote:
Yes you will be able to dispel most everything. Coincidentally very similar to the No minders. It seems dispelling reality is the name of the game.

Now hold on. That list I gave was not all the views there are. I only mentioned the ones that I didn't advocate. :roll:

Never assume I am a "no minder". :o I have it perfectly straight what I believe and why I believe it. My "meaning of life" is not to be understood by the religious, for they are the last to believe in the absence of a free will, as I do. I have no self esteem nor free will, and yet I am as free as any man can be. I have nothing to lose and nothing to gain for the sake of my existence, present and future. I am free of religion, politics, illusions and whatever others care to sell me. I am a lover with enough passion ...just enough to embrace TRUTH. I am creative and I am still trying to find limits to my "creative" abilities. I am also a hunter, and if it attacks, I kill it. If I can't eat it, I feed it to the vultures. My existence is a no nonsense one. I am a MAN who knows what he is and what he is all about. :)

Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:05 am

Quote:
Never assume I am a "no minder".

I was pointing out that there is a similarity to the No minders and a Skeptic which is interesting.
Quote:
I have it perfectly straight what I believe and why I believe it

Is that so, well I guess time will tell here...
Quote:
My "meaning of life" is not to be understood by the religious, for they are the last to believe in the absence of a free will, as I do. I have no self esteem nor free will, and yet I am as free as any man can be.

Coincidentally I heard this very topic by the No Minders, you might have more in common then you think.
Quote:
I have nothing to lose and nothing to gain for the sake of my existence, present and future. I am free of religion, politics, illusions and whatever others care to sell me.

Well with this POV your conclusion would be that. Sounds fractured and not integrated. Why would anyone try and make something with you, much like the No minders, when you care not to gain anything from fear of losing something. Then you mask it with this primitive machismo to give it weight? But like you said you have it perfectly straight.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:13 pm

The meaning of life is to find meaning in it.

If death is the meaning found ... then one has turned against life (the container) and all its meanings (the contents).

If, however, life is the meaning found ... then one has extended life and its meanings.

In short, the meaning of life is found either in the contraction or extension of life ... the discouragement or the encouragement of life ... the negation or the position of life.

:)

ps: Whereas death is the enemy of life, indifference is the enemy of the meaning of life ... and you become both the living dead and the dying life through indifference.

ps2: In better words, the purpose of life is to find purpose.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Last edited by UncleZook on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:32 pm

A well timed post Zook....

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4