Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Consciousness and Idealism 

Post Re: Sociopathy UNPLUGGED (audio series by UncleZook)
What Chico doesn't get is how (possibly... and in my case, experientially supported and I emphasize via direct experience) the reality itself responds.

at 25:49 Jeff Warren presents precisely the experience I have come to experience consistently which has paralleled my shift away from the materialist metaphysical world view to my current world view I refer to as 'monistic idealism.'

Quote:
There are descriptions… people describe there are shifts in their way of relating to the world, but there are also descriptions that are almost getting on the more mystical end of things where in this surrendering to things… its like the world begins to change the way it relates to you! That… and this is the synchronicity piece… that things start to fall in line in a particular kind of way… in a way that to a particular ‘rational scientist’ who is not a quantum physicist might think of it as magical thinking but yet it seems to suggest a kind of reciprocity…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er-0SE-7JRE

Chico thinks he can change the world while maintaining the entire world is what is only a partial image within the grand and complete world view of idealism. By doing so, Chico eliminates the above experience (which, when experienced by individuals can and often does change their behavior for the benefit and betterment of all - something I have experienced for myself and something that many others have experienced as well.

Chico's solution to a completely mis-perceived and misunderstood problem will make things change in the form in which the problem manifests and perhaps, like treating illnesses with antibiotics, only accelerate the morphing of the forms the problem manifests into even more resilient 'strains of anti-social behavior.'

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:04 pm
Site Admin

Sam Hunter wrote:
Quote:
That… and this is the synchronicity piece… that things start to fall in line in a particular kind of way… in a way that to a particular ‘rational scientist’ who is not a quantum physicist might think of it as magical thinking but yet it seems to suggest a kind of reciprocity…

Do humans interpret synchronicity and assign meaning to it, or is there meaning to synchronistic events that is independent of human existence?

Quote:
If we believe that life is a battle between Satan and God, some small event can seem proof positive that Satan is out to snare us. If we believe, as the Chinese and the Romans did, that the heavens are filled with messages about our fate, the sight of a shooting star may trigger a sense of imminent calamity. If our belief system says absolutely nothing about a relationship between the stars and life on earth, that same blazing meteorite will seem like a passing curiosity of no lasting significance and may never make it into the brain's circuitry at all. In the case of the person who believes that the heavens portend events on earth, the sight of a shooting star is patched into an outstretched web of neural connections and takes its place in the greater whole. We hunt, over the next days or weeks, for the event it forecasts. -- The Lucifer Principle, page 138

Sam Hunter wrote:
Chico's solution to a completely mis-perceived and misunderstood problem...

Which problem and solution might that be?

Sam Hunter wrote:
... will make things change in the form in which the problem manifests and perhaps, like treating illnesses with antibiotics, only accelerate the morphing of the forms the problem manifests into even more resilient 'strains of anti-social behavior.'

I look forward to your evidence supporting this statement.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:35 pm

If one really wishes to help the world, their loved ones and themselves...

perhaps start here -

http://thewordfoundation.org/b-Thinking ... tiny.shtml

Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:12 pm
Site Admin

Sam Hunter wrote:
If one really wishes to help the world, their loved ones and themselves... perhaps start here

Another Holy Book, eh? How many times have we been down that road? Now God is Consciousness. We must fall to our knees and worship Consciousness. :face:

We are still talking belief systems. Then there is truth. Each belief system thinks it has the truth. Each time, the belief system is wrong. Because each time, sociopaths corrupt it into a control system.

We don't have the truth. We just think we do.

What we have are sociopaths.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:36 pm

Here's another offering for UC

Larger Consciousness System

http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/LCS

Quote:
The LCS encompasses the entirety of consciousness that is media of reality. Whether or not something exists outside of consciousness is theoretically possible but practicably unknowable, as we are consciousness itself.

Consciousness

http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/Consciousness

Quote:
Consciousness is the fundamental energy that is the media of reality.

Consciousness as it Exists for The One Consciousness

Absolute Unbounded Manifold

http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/AUM

Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:54 am
Site Admin

Sam Hunter wrote:
Here's another offering for UC

Sam, you might take a look at this thread page where Magamud and I were discussing this same subject about 21 months ago. It makes for an interesting read. Note also the Gary Schwartz video clip here.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:47 am

@ Chico

Hi, I like the idea you sent me in the PM.

Yet note: I cannot see using material based "tools" to determine what individual humans "can and cannot do" with regards to what everyone has access to "equally" in society - such as positions of power and control.

It was my assumption that you had to have a materialist (and/or 'realist,' and/or 'scientism based') world view because I cannot see how your solution could be valid under the alternative world view of idealism and that consciousness is fundamental to all).

If there is a world view other than the ones I mentioned above which you might hold as the most likely 'truth' then please share it.

Note I am already very confused as to what I am reading in the other thread as I found some things that so far do not make sense.

Also - I am concerned for Zook as he has been a no show since he stated he was journeying back to Canada.

Also I had a typo in the previous post - meant UP not UC - I will edit the error.

well, apparently I am not allowed to edit that post now.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Post Re: Favorite You Tubes
As a related video, this one is quite interesting:

In it, Dr. Gary Schwartz makes the same mistake that science made in assuming consciousness must come from the brain. Schwatrz is quick to assume that post-materialism enhances spirituality, revealing the "universal mind" or the "mind of God". We need Rupert Sheldrake to correct him -- it reveals that there is more than we thought was present, but it doesn't reveal what it is exactly. :lol:

Chico, did you write the comment above?

If so, please, listen to the video again as Schwartz emphasizes the exact opposite of what you (if it was you) stated above - that "consciousness must come from the brain." He also provides his reasoning as to why it does not.

In the opening the narrator makes the comment that "the source and locus of consciousness is non-material."

Schwartz emphasizes in his last comment that "post-materialist theory will be an expanded vision for which the material model becomes a more limited or special case of the bigger theory."

Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Sam Hunter wrote:
If one really wishes to help the world, their loved ones and themselves... perhaps start here

Another Holy Book, eh? How many times have we been down that road? Now God is Consciousness. We must fall to our knees and worship Consciousness. :face:

We are still talking belief systems. Then there is truth. Each belief system thinks it has the truth. Each time, the belief system is wrong. Because each time, sociopaths corrupt it into a control system.

We don't have the truth. We just think we do.

What we have are sociopaths.

No more Holy than your plethora of posts, Chico... perhaps also no less. ;)

It is a belief system for you perhaps... for me my metaphysical world view is a reasoned theory only and is my current best operational assumption. Let's be honest as to what we label these things instead of placing labels on things for mis-characterization purposes with the intended result of discrediting the poster.

Do note your own world view "that 'truth' is preeminent" would be characterized the same whichever the case may be - best current operational assumption or 'belief system.'

Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:01 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Favorite You Tubes
Sam Hunter wrote:
Chico, did you write the comment above?

Don't be silly! Of course I wrote it. Can't you see the author of the post to the left of it?

Sam Hunter wrote:
If so, please, listen to the video again as Schwartz emphasizes the exact opposite of what you (if it was you) stated above - that "consciousness must come from the brain." He also provides his reasoning as to why it does not.

Sam, you've misread and misunderstood what I wrote. Read it again -- "Dr. Gary Schwartz makes the same mistake that science made in assuming consciousness must come from the brain." Schwartz makes the same kind of mistake that science made when science assumed consciousness must come from the brain. In other words, Schwartz is assuming consciousness must come from outside the brain for the same reasons that science assumed it must come from inside the brain.

What both science and Schwartz should do is admit that they don't know what consciousness is or where it comes from, instead of creating elaborate theories that cannot be properly tested and evaluated.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next