Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Albert A. Bartlett 
Site Admin

Post Albert A. Bartlett
Thank you for informing me of Al Bartlett's death. I did not know.

Professor Bartlett was my physics instructor at CU Boulder my freshman year. He was one of the best teachers I ever had -- organized, concise, efficient, succinct, and highly effective. He was also easily approachable, warm, and friendly. I consider him a great man of stature far beyond the usual suspects paraded before us by the lying media.

Chico

=====

To: chicodoodoo@gmail.com
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: High School reunion

Al Bartlett passed away last Saturday.

Dave Gardner
Producer of the Documentary, GrowthBusters: Hooked on Growth
How do we become a sustainable civilization? See the film today!
Check out our new initiative: Growth Bias Busted
Rate our non-profit at Great Nonprofits
Follow the Film / Join the movement at
http://www.growthbusters.org
http://www.facebook.com/growthbusters
http://www.twitter.com/growthbusters
dave@growthbusters.org
+1 719-576-5565
Please consider the environment before printing this email.

=====

On Jul 28, 2013, at 10:22 PM, Chicodoodoo <chicodoodoo@gmail.com> wrote:

Ha! I see Al Bartlett is on your Board of Advisers. And here I thought I might
be telling you something new.

It's good to see that you are way ahead of me.

Chico

=====

Howdy, Dave. Just following up from the reunion picnic last week in the Bluffs.

I checked your website, and I'm already on board. Growth is killing us. No living thing grows continuously bigger. All reach an equilibrium and maintain a steady state. Where did that example get lost on human "experts"?

Albert A. Bartlett was my physic professor at CU-Boulder. Have you seen his video?

One of my websites is united-people.tk. On the forum at that website, we talk a lot about the root problem -- that we are deceived and manipulated into making sociopaths our leaders. The very worst among us are steering humanity. The result is very close to insanity.

Chico

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:58 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Albert A. Bartlett
Albert A. Bartlett was basically telling us that growth is unsustainable. Sustainability only comes from equilibrium and balance. So how can we expect the human model of business and the financial economy to survive when it is rooted in the idea of continual growth?

Continual growth leads to excess, which in turn leads to destruction and total collapse. Humanity cannot thrive with that kind of model, and we are seeing it happen in front of our eyes. The wealth gap between the financial "elite" and the masses is becoming more and more outrageous. Sociopaths dominate all of our leadership positions, essentially throwing gasoline on the fire that threatens our lives. We are circling the drain of extinction while we foolishly deny that anything bad might happen. It is the epitome of insanity.

Oxford economist Kate Raworth sees that continual growth sabotages humanity's ability to thrive. We have to change our thinking if we expect to survive. Listen to her TED talk here.

Sat May 19, 2018 8:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]