Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Change we better believe in, or else 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm
Posts: 4156
Reply with quote
Post Re: Change we better believe in, or else
Quote:
With multiple gods having specialized characters all interacting and affecting each other in a feedback loop, it had more depth and variety that better mimicked the complexity of the world.

In essence, there is nothing simpler then good vs evil. That is why Jesus said, you will find wisdom in an infants eyes, but your statement here really saids something powerful and a tell of how our minds work.

I prefer simplicity when facing the abyss...

_________________
Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.


Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:12 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 11947
Reply with quote
Post Re: Change we better believe in, or else
magamud wrote:
I prefer simplicity when facing the abyss...

Of course you do! All humans want comfort. Simple is comfortable, complex is uncomfortable. The problem is that simple is not reality! The world is an incredibly complex place, literally beyond our comprehension. It's a headache, and nobody wants a headache (too uncomfortable)! That's why the God versus Satan story is such a welcome explanation. Even a child can understand it! But that doesn't make it true, it just makes it comfortable.

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm
Posts: 4156
Reply with quote
Post Re: Change we better believe in, or else
Quote:
The problem is that simple is not reality!

You are very wrong and showing the behavioral programming. Simple is our real state, its the behaviorist that have made everything complicated through bureaucracy, etc...

Quote:
literally beyond our comprehension.

This is not true. You put yourself in this position to stay in complexity, while its a balance of both.

_________________
Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.


Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:05 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 11947
Reply with quote
Post Re: Change we better believe in, or else
magamud wrote:
Simple is our real state...

I disagree. There is nothing simple about the state of humans or any other life on the planet. It only appears simple to the ignorant. It is, in reality, complex beyond our imaginations. You are simply carrying forward the simple-mindedness of our ancestors who knew little of chemistry, physics, biology, psychology, and all the other fields that have exploded with new information and insight into our world. But even now we have hardly scratched the surface, and we remain nearly as ignorant as our ancestors because our simple brains cannot truly accommodate and integrate all of this new information, due in no small part to the continuing deception and manipulation foisted upon us by the sociopaths!

That you can continue to maintain that our state is simple and that all we really need is to "believe" the religious narrative is a travesty, in my opinion. Believing anything the sociopaths have prepared for us is a travesty.

magamud wrote:
... its the behaviorist that have made everything complicated through bureaucracy, etc...

It's again the sociopaths who deliberately obfuscate by introducing unneeded complication as part of their deception and manipulation. Why wouldn't they? When the world is obviously complex beyond human comprehension, sociopaths will take that lesson and use it to their advantage by introducing false complication to move events beyond the comprehension of the average person. A confused humanity then demands guidance from those that appear to have a better handle on the situation -- the sociopaths. Et voila, the sociopaths are given power and control over the masses.

magamud wrote:
This is not true. You put yourself in this position to stay in complexity, while its a balance of both.

There are what appear to be simplicities that can be found within the complexity of the universe, but again, these are just manifestations of our ignorance. Pluck a leaf off a tree, and the average person sees a simple leaf plucked off a tree. They don't see a vast and complex biochemical factory of enormous complexity that is converting carbon dioxide, water, and energy from the sun into carbohydrates that are stored in the fruit or nuts elsewhere on the tree that we eat to reconvert the carbohydrates back into energy that allows us to live and move! And that's the oversimplified version of what's really happening with that leaf, based on our current state of "science" (a methodology that can lead to slightly less levels of ignorance)!

Where you see simplicity, I see ignorance. The truth is that humans are ignorant, all of us. Why do you think I am a truth-seeker? There's no need to be a truth-seeker if things are so simple that you know the truth. I don't know the truth, and I never will. But I will know more and more about truth if I continue to search, becoming slightly less ignorant if I'm lucky.

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm
Posts: 4156
Reply with quote
Post Re: Change we better believe in, or else
Simple minded indeed.

U certainly cannot get past your own ignorance and projection of what u think of me. Real good balance there. I lump me in your atheistic assumption and then tell me to get u out of it or I fail. This is certainly not the case and just more information for yourself to hopefully self analyze as a truthseeker would. Iwill have to get to your q's later. Mobile text is cumbersome

_________________
Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.


Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:32 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 11947
Reply with quote
Post Re: Change we better believe in, or else
magamud wrote:
U certainly cannot get past your own ignorance and projection of what u think of me. Real good balance there. I lump me in your atheistic assumption and then tell me to get u out of it or I fail.

Are you thinking I have a poor opinion of you? Absolutely not! You don't have to see things as I do to have my respect. You can safely leave your person out of my arguments, because my arguments do not depend on your person by any means. If I criticize religion, that does not mean I criticize you as a person. I have great respect for science, yet if you criticize science, I know it does not reflect on me. I can see the flaws of science when they are truthfully pointed out to me, regardless of the belief system of the teacher.

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm
Posts: 4156
Reply with quote
Post Re: Change we better believe in, or else
Quote:
Are you thinking I have a poor opinion of you?

No, its more of the quality of your opinion and trying to help you. I can't have dialogue with someone who is not able to free associate. Its unfruitful.

Quote:
You don't have to see things as I do to have my respect.

This is very true,

Quote:
You can safely leave your person out of my arguments, because my arguments do not depend on your person by any means.

This is not really true. A person and their opinion is one in the same because you have empathy. I get your point, and I can see why you take it, because humans are very confusing and you need to compartmentalize the human from the opinion to get to the truth. If you don't break this cycle it will cause you harm eventually.

_________________
Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.


Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:20 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 11947
Reply with quote
Post Re: Change we better believe in, or else
magamud wrote:
I can't have dialogue with someone who is not able to free associate. Its unfruitful.

Ah, I see your problem. Free association is often counter-productive. For example, reason requires channeled association, with logic providing the channel. Free association can often be completely unreasonable, which typically doesn't help move us towards the truth.

magamud wrote:
This is not really true. A person and their opinion is one in the same...

Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, from Zook, who refused to separate the message from the messenger.

magamud wrote:
... because you have empathy.

Huh? How does having empathy make a person and their opinion the same? That would mean sociopaths would see a person as separate from that person's opinion, and that doesn't appear to be the case at all.

magamud wrote:
I get your point, and I can see why you take it, because humans are very confusing and you need to compartmentalize the human from the opinion to get to the truth.

I think you'll agree that the truth doesn't depend on any human or his opinion.

magamud wrote:
If you don't break this cycle it will cause you harm eventually.

What cycle? How will it harm me? Are you suggesting that if truth could be harmful, we should not pursue it?

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm
Posts: 4156
Reply with quote
Post Re: Change we better believe in, or else
Quote:
which typically doesn't help move us towards the truth.

Its a balance which you certainly arent showing.

Quote:
Huh?

I was trying to show you how to use empathy taking the person as a whole. Instead you try to lump me with ZOOk. Nice.

Quote:
Are you suggesting that if truth could be harmful, we should not pursue it?

I was trying to enhance your empathy, but you got offended thinking its all good. As it is.

_________________
Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.


Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:10 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 11947
Reply with quote
Post Re: Change we better believe in, or else
magamud wrote:
I was trying to show you how to use empathy taking the person as a whole. Instead you try to lump me with ZOOk. Nice.

I didn't mean it as an insult. It's simply an observation. I'm pointing out that you share the same tendency that Zook employed so erroneously, failing to separate the message from the messenger. It caused Zook to arrive at many faulty conclusions, and you may be in the same danger.

magamud wrote:
I was trying to enhance your empathy, but you got offended thinking its all good. As it is.

I don't recall being offended. I tend to not take posts personally, which minimizes taking offense.

Note also that extreme empathy can be as unhealthy as no empathy. It's always a balancing act. There is an optimal range that provides the correct balance between selfish competition and altruistic cooperation.

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.