Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Anarchy versus sociopaths 

Post Re: Anarchy versus sociopaths
magamud wrote:
I know what Satire is, do you?

Then my understanding of "satire" must be completely different from yours!

magamud wrote:
What is the essential ingredient for Revolution?

Revolting people?

magamud wrote:
This is a contrived revolution contrary to your summation.

Specifics please, I thought this was a discussion about "Anarchy versus sociopaths".

magamud wrote:
And if the revolution is contrived and you incarnate here without knowing this, who is the fool?

Which "revolution" are you referencing here?

To "incarnate" as apposed to "re-incarnate" would suggest a "first visit", so how could it be deemed as "foolish" for not having prier knowledge of things?

So who's really the fool here?

magamud wrote:
Do you need a shot of expresso?

What do you think?

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Quote:
What do you think?

No, your cold stone sober...

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Quote:
We have two American flags always: one for the rich and one for the poor. When the rich fly it means that things are under control; when the poor fly it means danger, revolution, anarchy.

-Henry Miller

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:40 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
This is a contrived revolution contrary to your summation.

What if, for a moment, we step outside of binary thinking, where the revolution is either contrived or genuine. Suppose there are elements of both. Imagine a slider on a scale that ranges from totally contrived to totally genuine. Now imagine that the slider behaves like the needle of a seismograph, sometimes calm and steady at its current position, and sometimes very nervous, bouncing all around vigorously. Unlike the needle of the seismograph, our slider has no home position and can reside anywhere on the scale, including at the extremes, though it rarely stays in any one position for long. At a glance we can make an assessment on whether the revolution is more contrived or more genuine, but will it look the same next week, or tomorrow, or in a few minutes? Our meter is, after all, dynamic, just like reality.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:04 am

I get your analogy Chic, but the problem is we are in two different paradigms.

So an analogy would be like Ron Paul arguing with me about the Fed, but Money is the problem.

A libertarian explaining to me about political philosophy, but sociopaths are the problem.

A revolutionary telling me about changing leaders, but the real leaders are hidden.

The system is corrupt down to the Root, but very few know how to uproot it.

This then brings about another problem in our reference to what reality is. You have limited reference on my reality (even though you would deny that) and if I try to give context you shoot more holes in it like swiss cheese. Sure I can spark some new ideas, or follow the basic corruption narrative, but thats about it. Im sure im good entertainment for some and not for others.

Your paradigm requires the burden of proof to be on me, when its quite the opposite from my POV as you need to seek it. I know this is preposterous in some ways, but such is life.

I just have to watch myself and not get pulled into it, to where Bickering tit for tat exchanges happen.
I like some of the exchanges because its Satirical, but it can turn mean quickly.

With that said, Anarchy is the safest place to be in a social context as far as im concerned, unfortunately that is also true for the Leaders who use Revolution for their agenda.

I am sure back in the Iron age, we would all just cheerfully go to the Town meeting and lop our leaders heads off, then go have a pint of Mead.

The Tyrants love the Technocratic Age.....

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:02 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
The system is corrupt down to the Root, but very few know how to uproot it.

Are we really operating with different paradigms? I'm right with you on the system being corrupt. We may split hairs over the degree of corruption, but we both see it.

Quote:
You have limited reference on my reality and if I try to give context you shoot more holes in it like swiss cheese.

I agree with you, and I apologize for shooting holes in it, but that's a valid way of testing your reality, and mine.

Quote:
Your paradigm requires the burden of proof to be on me, when its quite the opposite from my POV as you need to seek it.

In the search for truth, I am not opposed to any reasonable method that will get us there. I don't mind seeking, or asking for your evidence, and I don't mind laying out my evidence for those that are seeking. All evidence should be questioned and verified by all parties. It ultimately should be a cooperative effort (but with healthy competition). Sorry if I gave you a contrary impression.

Quote:
I just have to watch myself and not get pulled into it, to where Bickering tit for tat exchanges happen. I like some of the exchanges because its Satirical, but it can turn mean quickly.

Yes, the goal is not to be mean, but to challenge our preconceptions (or brainwashing) of reality.

Quote:
With that said, Anarchy is the safest place to be in a social context as far as im concerned, unfortunately that is also true for the Leaders who use Revolution for their agenda.

There I disagree. The sociopaths that use revolution for their agenda have to be very careful that the anarchy that develops doesn't overpower their control. If they lose control over the masses, they are very vulnerable. So I see them being desperate when they have to reach for the "revolution con", for the risk to them is much greater than their usual tools.

Quote:
I am sure back in the Iron age, we would all just cheerfully go to the Town meeting and lop our leaders heads off, then go have a pint of Mead.

Only 220 years ago, people were doing this in France. That was a revolution that demonstrated the additional risks to the sociopaths of playing the revolution card.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:35 pm

Quote:
Are we really operating with different paradigms?

Indeed we are friend. The survival of our species is our common bond and there are many areas that overlap.

Quote:
Sorry if I gave you a contrary impression.

No you did not, it was my limited view of oversimplifying things.

Quote:
So I see them being desperate when they have to reach for the "revolution con"

This is the opposite take from me as Revolution is the hand being played by "Them" now, with Revolting the people and allowing them to form their own revolution or theirs.
Either way they win.

Mans Revolution from this Tyranny is impossible in my books. We need God to do a Revolution

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:26 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Mans Revolution from this Tyranny is impossible in my books. We need God to do a Revolution

In my book, it is possible, but difficult. And if God wants to lend a hand, we could use the help. Any time now would be welcome, but I'm not going to plan on it.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:35 am

Quote:
I sit on a man's back, choking him, and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by any means possible, except getting off his back.

-Leo Tolstoy, from "Writings on Civil Disobedience and Nonviolence," written in 1886.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:49 am
Site Admin

Quote:
(William) Godwin is generally regarded as the founder of the school of thought known as 'philosophical anarchism'. He argued in "Political Justice" (1793) that government has an inherently malevolent influence on society, and that it perpetuates dependency and ignorance. He thought that the spread of the use of reason to the masses would eventually cause government to wither away as an unnecessary force. Although he did not accord the state with moral legitimacy, he was against the use of revolutionary tactics for removing the government from power. Rather, he advocated for its replacement through a process of peaceful evolution.

His aversion to the imposition of a rules-based society led him to denounce, as a manifestation of the people’s ‘mental enslavement’, the foundations of law, property rights and even the institution of marriage. He considered the basic foundations of society as constraining the natural development of individuals to use their powers of reasoning to arrive at a mutually beneficial method of social organisation. In each case, government and its institutions are shown to constrain the development of our capacity to live wholly in accordance with the full and free exercise of private judgment. -- source

220 years later, Americans have that very kind of government, one with "an inherently malevolent influence on society", and one that "perpetuates dependency and ignorance". Individuals are dumbed-down precisely to sabotage "the natural development of individuals to use their powers of reasoning to arrive at a mutually beneficial method of social organisation". It becomes a mental enslavement, also known as mind control.

Who is doing everything in their power to ensure that the ideals of anarchy cannot ever be imagined by the masses?

The ruling sociopaths.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next