Reply to topic  [ 1038 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 104  Next
Sociopaths -- who knew? 
Site Admin

Post Re: Sociopaths -- who knew?
Gemma wrote:
This by the writer in the comments section is quite revealing to his line of thinking :thumbup:

What do you think it reveals?

I agree with you that it is revealing, and I will give you my opinion on what it reveals.

There is no such thing as "subjective morality". There is only universal inherent conscience. The 10 commandments are merely a reflection of inherent conscience.

I have long argued that morality is completely subjective, not objective. The fact that sociopaths have a completely different concept of morality than non-sociopaths is evidence for this. So is the fact that there is no sign of a moral sense in the way nature operates. Human morality depends heavily on how developed our sense of empathy is, and feelings of empathy are dependent on psychology, which itself has dependencies on genetics and environment. It is a very complex situation.

Brandon Smith wrote:
Why do you assume that the globalists need to be "replaced" with anyone? This a rather naive mentality, but not an uncommon one. Sadly, too many people think that an elitist class is some kind of inevitability because they have no concept of life without one.

Here the underlying question is "How much hierarchy, and what kind, is optimal for humanity?" This too is a complex issue, but concepts of equality and freedom suggest that the less hierarchy there is, the better.

Brandon Smith wrote:
Again, NO ONE has subjective morality. There is only inherent conscience which is set in psychological stone. Either you listen to it, or you ignore it, but we do not have the capacity to make up a moral code that goes against conscience without suffering severe psychological drawbacks - the elites, for instance, have become damaged psychopaths in their efforts to ignore their inherent conscience.

Again, I disagree with Brandon about "NO ONE has subjective morality". I say there is no objective morality, and the morality people have is subjective and varies. Sociopaths having little to no morality and saints have an abundance (perhaps even a paralyzing over-abundance). I suspect Brandon is coming from a religious background that teaches that God is the arbiter of morality.

Brandon Smith wrote:
Such psychopaths do not need to be replaced, just done away with. The power structures they have created are not necessary to humanity's prosperity. The fact that you think they are a forgone conclusion reveals an unfortunate bias that you need to work on.

The power structures sociopaths have created or usurped are definitely destructive to humanity's prosperity, precisely because the sociopaths are in control of them. Sociopaths will always be with us, so there is no doing away with them. They have to be properly managed. My proposed solution has been to identify the sociopaths and disqualify them from positions of power and control. That would solve the problem without diminishing the minimum quality of life that all humans, including sociopaths, deserve.

Gemma wrote:
I also enjoyed his article on 8 character traits and skills that are hard to find during a crisis:

I enjoy his perspective too. He makes very good observations, for the most part, and also makes me think.

Gemma wrote:
In 5 weeks I get another 2 week break and will be locking myself away to prepare a couple of threads here for a Global Awareness Campaign (GAC) re Psychopathic Leadership [as discussed previously] , e.g. links; discussions; contact list; format; header titles and content for proposal, etc.

I'm excited about your work and look forward to it!

Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:10 pm
Site Admin

Human psychology is an incredibly complex subject. To understand how sociopaths can dominate humanity requires not only the study of sociopathy, but also the study of "normal" psychology. Sociopaths are well aware of this, while normal people are not, which exacerbates the situation. Sociopaths are full-time students of normal psychology. They use their study of normal psychology to better deceive and manipulate the "normals", i.e. non-sociopaths. Non-sociopaths, on the other hand, take little interest in the study of deviant psychology, since it is so seemingly rare and insignificant, mainly because the "normals" are ignorant of the enormous impact psychology has in the world. What a powerful advantage the sociopaths have!

So I also study the psychology of "normals", in order to have some parity with the sociopaths. The article quoted below is quite interesting. You can be sure that sociopaths use this phenomenon to their advantage.

Quote:
Take the Michigan-born swimmer Allison Schmitt. After winning five medals, three of them gold, and setting a world record in the 2012 London Games, Schmitt sank into a hole from which she couldn’t emerge. She had no idea why she felt depressed—especially considering her undeniable success—but realized she needed counseling. The decision didn’t come easily; depression is still a dirty word in the locker room.

“I didn’t want to show my weakness,” she said in an interview with Channel 4 in Detroit. “I didn’t want to ask for help, but in this situation I found out … that I couldn’t keep fighting it by myself. … There’s this thing that they call post-Olympic blues and I think I had a little bit of that and I kept isolating myself and isolating myself.”

Before the Rio Games, in which Schmitt picked up two more medals (a gold and a silver), she elaborated in the Huffington Post on an athlete’s way of thinking: “We’re taught we can push through anything, we can make it wherever we want to go, and we’re always told to not ask for help. At the end of the race, we’re not having our coach finish for us, anyone finish for us.”

Schmitt’s was far from an isolated case. Her U.S.A. teammate Michael Phelps took an emotional dive after winning a record eight gold medals in Beijing, in 2008. “I took some wrong turns and found myself in the darkest place you could ever imagine,” he told Bob Costas days before Rio. He said he barely trained for the 2012 London Games, but after a DUI in 2014, checked himself into rehab and was able to reignite his passion for competitive swimming. -- source

Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:31 pm

From my perspective the subject of "universal inherent conscience", whilst difficult not to contemplate or explore, shifts into the realm of philosophy, religion, and in some exploratory sciences, e.g. looking for a "god particle/source" or "energetic heart unification vibration", etc. So whether true or not, it still remains a mystery wrapped up in belief systems as it has not been proven yet, as far as I am aware. So hypothetically if I were having a conversation with Smith it is not this "arena" that I would want us to focus on and invest our time in.

Using Smith as an example therefore of what I find revealing in dialogue is the recognition of "common ground", that is, the concept that human psychology is the core problem within our global leadership and subsequent indoctrination's. It is this conversation that I want to pursue for I believe that once this common ground is established, expanded discussions and examination of this core problem enables a platform from which an actionable solution phase can move into.

I am convinced that an actionable solution phase must be designed around "common ground" that everybody, irrespective of their philosophical, religious, spiritual, etc belief systems, can come to identify with and recognize as being a "real and knowable" problem that has the potential to be solved with "real and knowable" solutions.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:28 am
Site Admin

Gemma wrote:
...what I find revealing in dialogue is the recognition of "common ground", that is, the concept that human psychology is the core problem within our global leadership and subsequent indoctrination's.

That is probably the biggest common ground for any major problem that there is. 99% of humanity suffers under the selfish leadership of the 1%, and it has been this way for millennia. If that could be changed, the world would be transformed.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:55 pm
Site Admin

USA, land of the sociopaths, home of the fooled.

"Proud" To Be An American?...Really?

'Proud' to be an American - Really?

Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:40 pm
Site Admin

One of the most celebrated sociopaths of my lifetime is Henry Kissinger. Of course, I didn't know he was a sociopath when the mainstream media was plastering his face all over the newspapers and magazines. He was celebrated as a powerful diplomat, praised as a shrewd negotiator, and toasted as a charming man. I fell for the propaganda just like the next American. I thought the news programs delivered the truth. We Americans couldn't have been more wrong. We were so fooled.

Quote:
The latest revelations compound a portrait of Kissinger as the ruthless cheerleader, if not the active co-conspirator, of Latin American military regimes engaged in war crimes. In evidence that emerged from previous declassifications of documents during the Clinton Administration, Kissinger was shown not only to have been aware of what the military was doing but to have actively encouraged it. Two days after the Argentine coup, Kissinger was briefed by his Assistant Secretary of State for Inter-American Affairs, William Rogers, who warned him, “I think also we’ve got to expect a fair amount of repression, probably a good deal of blood, in Argentina before too long. I think they’re going to have to come down very hard not only on the terrorists but on the dissidents of trade unions and their parties.” Kissinger replied, “Whatever chance they have, they will need a little encouragement . . . because I do want to encourage them. I don’t want to give the sense that they’re harassed by the United States.”

Under Kissinger’s direction, they certainly were not harassed. Right after the coup, Kissinger sent his encouragement to the generals and reinforced that message by expediting a package of U.S. security assistance. In a meeting with the Argentine foreign minister two months later, Kissinger advised him winkingly, according to a memo written about the conversation, “We are aware you are in a difficult period. It is a curious time, when political, criminal, and terrorist activities tend to merge without any clear separation. We understand you must establish authority. . . . If there are things that have to be done, you should do them quickly.” -- source

Kissinger is as bad as they come, along the lines of a George H. W. Bush. Both are war criminals of the highest degree, virtual wellsprings of evil, always masquerading as good. They not only get away with mass murder, they are richly rewarded for their efforts.

Quote:
There have, in fact, been no legal consequences whatsoever to Kissinger for his actions in Chile, where three thousand people were murdered by Pinochet’s thugs, or for those in Vietnam and Cambodia, where he ordered large-scale aerial bombardments that cost the lives of countless civilians. One of his foremost critics was the late Christopher Hitchens, who in 2001 wrote a book-length indictment entitled “The Trial of Henry Kissinger.” Hitchens called for Kissinger’s prosecution “for war crimes, for crimes against humanity, and for offenses against common or customary or international law, including conspiracy to commit murder, kidnap, and torture.” -- source

What is wrong with our society? They are. Sociopaths should be identified early and disqualified from any positions of power and control over others.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:21 am
Site Admin

Quote:
People who think that dealing with the pain and death of others requires you to act like a robot have missed the point entirely and are not safe and functional people to have present in a crisis.

Instead, it is vital that we continue to hold onto our empathy, but not let it disrupt our ability to take action to help those who are suffering. Anyone who simply shuts off all emotion is likely a sociopath, and while sociopaths do have a knack for functioning well in grisly jobs they also have a knack for putting other people at risk. Sociopaths are incapable of caring about others, while quiet professionals take responsibility for others despite the ugliness of the situation. -- source

That's not quite right. Sociopaths don't shut off emotions like empathy; they simply don't have them or have them at greatly reduced levels. They do have most of the other emotions found in normal people, but some of them are exaggerated by their lack of empathy, like arrogance, selfishness, anger, viciousness, and an unrelenting desire for revenge. Others are diminished by their lack of empathy, like shame, responsibility, honesty, and love. Simply being born with little to no empathy, as natural sociopaths are, throws the normal emotional dynamic completely off balance. It is not only an individual disaster, but due to the unique mix of emotions in sociopaths and their resulting consequences, it is a monumental societal disaster.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:27 pm
Site Admin

Just because sociopaths pretend to be like normal people doesn't mean they are normal people. In fact, it means they aren't normal people. Normal people don't have to pretend.

The best example of this I've run into recently is David at Inphinet. He pretends to be the great protector of normal people, the bully destroyer, the sociopath hunter, the knight in shining armor, yet he is in reality just the opposite. He cooperated with the schemes of Stephen at Atticus1 and Gypsy Woman at United People, but he never exposed them as sociopaths. Quite the opposite, he defended them as champions of righteousness! He has done the same now for Shadowself and Uncle Zook at Inphinet. He does this not because these people are righteous, but as a deliberate attack against me, precisely because I have pointed them out as sociopaths. Like all the other sociopaths, his goal is to discredit me. Like all the other sociopaths, he paints me as the sociopath, and the sociopaths as normal people.

The other side of this insidious dynamic comes from highly empathetic people, like Rose, the administrator at Inphinet. These people think everyone is very much like them, with lots of empathy for others and the strong desire to be kind, fair, accommodating, and non-judgmental. They essentially refuse to recognize the sociopaths around them, even as those sociopaths deceive and manipulate them into believing that sociopaths are "normal" people, or more likely better than normal.

Like I told Rose several times, empathy is a serious handicap when dealing with a sociopath. The sociopath will manipulate you by turning your own empathy to his advantage. But that knowledge doesn't help Rose, because she can't put it into practice against the real sociopaths, like David. Instead, she is manipulated by David to put it into practice against me!

It is truly incredible to watch this timeless dance unfold. It is easy to see how the 1% have completely dominated the 99% on this planet. Sociopaths rule. The bulk of humanity can do nothing but follow, completely deceived and oblivious to their predicament.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:28 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
It is quite difficult to identify someone as a psychopath. They can seem quite normal and even charming but their normalcy is a mere façade. Psychopaths lack conscience and empathy thus leading them to be calculating, manipulative, impulsive and sometimes, criminal. On the other hand, psychopaths are usually gifted with incredible intelligence.

They are quite predatory in nature. They constantly seek people out to abuse for their selfish gains moving on to the next person without so much as a second thought. Psychopaths don’t fear anyone and possess a remarkable amount of confidence. -- source

Reading that, I was immediately reminded of David at Inphinet (he was dsimon3387 here at United People). He's going to own Inphinet before he is finished there. It's sad to see it happen, but it certainly reflects the macrocosm where sociopaths rule with ease. Those are the advantages of sociopaths: charming, false façade, manipulative, intelligent, predatory, inwardly selfish, outwardly generous, fearless, and confident. And behind all of those characteristics is deception. Sociopaths are great deceivers.

Christians are taught that the Devil is the Great Deceiver. Sociopaths are the real Devil.

Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:45 am
Site Admin

Here's another example -- Zbigniew Brzezinski. Watch him work the crowd. He lies with a straight face, charms you with theatrics and words you want to hear, and convinces you to commit the crimes he wants committed. He's been doing this for how long? Since Lyndon B. Johnson? Does anybody even remember LBJ or the number of presidents we've had since him? Brzezinski was never elected to government, yet there he is, working behind the scenes, in presidential administration after presidential administration. We can't get rid of him. Why? Because we aren't in control of our government. They are.

Brzezinski is never what he projects himself to be. You have to look deeper, and look with the understanding that he is a sociopath. A sociopath is always deceiving and manipulating. A sociopath is always playing a complex game that operates on many different levels. A sociopath is always conning you.

And like many, I was surprised at first to learn that one of the world’s most evil men was “giving up.”

But I’ve learned to never take devils like this at their word.

Really? Now, Brzezinski just says he is giving up? After a lifetime of building the American empire to the current monstrosity that it is?

He’s not giving up.

All he is doing – all they are doing (the ones who work with him) – is moving on to the next level of tyrannical, murderous empire. The next level will be a global empire. A one world government empire.

It is refreshing to hear from someone who can see through the con. Around 80% of the world's population would take Brzezinski's theater at face value. They don't realize they are being conned. They readily fall for the matrix of deception they see before them. This is the dynamic that nearly always plays out between sociopaths and non-sociopaths. It is precisely why a tiny minority of sociopaths rule over the vast bulk of humanity.

The same thing happens in the forums. It is why Bill Ryan, Stephen/Atticus, Gypsy Woman/ANonyMouse, Shadowself/Star, and David/dsimon3387 do such incredible damage online. They are deceivers, by nature. By nature of their deviant psychology.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1038 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 104  Next