Reply to topic  [ 1038 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 104  Next
Sociopaths -- who knew? 
Site Admin

Post Re: Sociopaths -- who knew?
Sociopaths don't feel empathy. But they certainly know exactly what it is, and they know that normal people do feel empathy. That is very powerful knowledge, and you know how much sociopaths like powerful knowledge. By manipulating the empathy of normal people, sociopaths can gain a significant advantage over them. And they do. Let me give you an example.

Shadowself / Brook / Star (always changing identities, a sociopathic ploy) started posting at Inphinet on January 1, 2016. Her first post was used to butter up the administrator, Rose, who had invited her to join, and to put on a happy face for Rose and the home crowd. Pretending to be "one of the guys" is the first move a sociopath will make when infiltrating a new group of suckers.

In her second post, that same day, Shadowself admits she was one of Stephen's prinicpal minions at the now defunct Atticus1 forum (Rose knows it anyway, so admitting it appears honest). She disses Stephen big time, knowing full well that the forum administrator Rose has recently had major problems with Stephen / Charles / Atticus / Houdini (always changing identities, a sociopathic ploy). Shadowself also admits she has had major conflicts with Rose, but claims that was all Stephen's fault, and she wants to put that behind her. Blaming others for your actions is also a core trait of sociopaths. Shadowself also mentions, on her first day in the forum, that she has a son that died. This is important, as you will see, because it is an intentional ploy to invoke sympathy (empathy).

Post #3, again that same day, has Shadowself publicly apologizing for being such a bitch with Rose in the past, most likely at the Atticus1 forum. This is followed by buttering up Rose some more. Then Shadowself talks about two good friends of hers that recently died. This is another attempt to play with our heart-strings. Then she butters up Rose again, and puts on the happy face for all her "good buddies" in the forum.

Post #4, again that same day, is a new thread. Shadowself knows from her invitation to join the forum that Rose is seeking new members to get some activity going, and she obliges with an innocuous post about an obscure hero no one could object to.

Fast forward to today's post (March 28). Shadowself has realized I'm seeing her true nature, so she plays the dead son card big-time. No one will dare challenge a grieving mother who has lost a son. And even if Chico is foolish enough to try, the empathetic people of the forum, the suckers, will surely come to Shadowself's defense and shut Chico down. Rose is by now sufficiently well buttered up and should be supportive of her friend Brook as well. It's a masterful ploy, one worthy of an accomplished sociopath, and it might even work.

The point is that sociopaths know how to use your empathy against you. I admit, my heart ached for Shadowself when I read in her second post that her son had died. I unconsciously cut her a great deal of slack at that moment. That slack carried over for quite some time, which helped keep me blind to Shadowself's true nature in the months that followed. Even reading her post today about her dead son sucked me right in at first, but then it all clicked. I realized Shadowself was coldly manipulating me and everyone else reading her post. It's amazing how they do it, and it's amazing how we almost never catch on. I am, once again, in awe of the sociopathic mind. It is truly adept at what it does, mainly deceive and manipulate. And we, the non-sociopaths, are truly like putty in their hands.

And that needs to change.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:32 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
We will discover that there is a direct correlation between financial manipulation and mind control. Both relate to absolute control of the mechanism of deception and distortion in order to indoctrinate the masses systematically and deliberately with particular ideas, doctrines and practices so that a ruling regime can maintain absolute coercive control over these selfsame masses. -- Barbarians Inside the Gates, page 238

Recognize those underlined phrases? The first is "to deceive" and the second is "to manipulate". It turns out mind control comes from sociopaths! They are the ones with the desire to deceive and manipulate in the pursuit of power and control over others. And of course that matches what we observe in the world, where media is controlled to herd the masses in the direction the controllers desire.

Here's one example of controlling the media. George Galloway and guest talk about the targeted trolling they endure as consensus and consent of the public are manufactured through the use of paid provocateur agents.

Are Paid Government Trolls Harrassing George Galloway and Neil Clark?

Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:21 pm
Site Admin

Gary Z. McGee wrote:
“Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.” ~ unknown proverb

War is murder, no matter how you try to justify it. Taxation is theft, no matter how you try to codify it. Statism is tyranny, no matter how you try to rationalize it. No amount of justification, codification, and rationalization will get you off the hook for murder, thievery, and tyranny. The only solution? Stop justifying, codifying, and rationalizing murder thievery and tyranny. It can only be resolved from the ground up; never from the top down. Meaning: it begins with you. It begins by recognizing how individual thievery can become collective tyranny.

Here’s a parable explaining the diabolical ease in which base thievery can become a tyrannical state... -- source

This guy got it in one! His parable illustrates the step-by-step thinking that the ruling sociopaths use to dominate the world. Very well done! I suggest reading the whole article, as I only quoted the introduction.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:45 am
Site Admin

Quote:
I have no idea how many politicians are sociopaths (although Dick Cheney does come to mind). But the one that always struck me as the most dangerous was Newt Gingrich. I remember thinking about that when Esquire published a long expose about him in 2010 that included an interview with his second wife, Marianne. She relayed the story about the time Newt told her that he was having an affair with his current wife, Calista.

Quote:
He asked her to just tolerate the affair, an offer she refused.

He’d just returned from Erie, Pennsylvania, where he’d given a speech full of high sentiments about compassion and family values.

The next night, they sat talking out on their back patio in Georgia. She said, “How do you give that speech and do what you’re doing?”

“It doesn’t matter what I do,” he answered. “People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.” -- source

Newt’s answer on how he can pontificate about family values while he is having an affair should chill you to your bones. And it is NOT because his sex life matters. It doesn’t. His answer wasn’t about hypocrisy - it was the epitome of a sociopath who elevates himself as a great savior, but has zero capacity for self-reflection. That usually means there is also no capacity for a conscience or the ability to feel empathy. - source

Newt Gingrich a sociopath? Who knew!

Actually, Newt's answer is indeed about hypocrisy, which is one of the defining characteristics of sociopaths.

So why are we so dense? At that level of the human hierarchy, they are almost all sociopaths! Cheney, Bush, Rice, Rumsfeld, Pelosi, Gingrich, Powell, Obama, Brzezinski, Clinton, Kissinger, Nixon, Ford, Johnson, and on and on. Sociopaths rise to the top, like cream on milk. It is inevitable that the worst sociopaths congregate at the top.

That needs to change. Until we find a way to change it, nothing will change. Evil will continue to reign until we find the way to manage sociopaths. And when we do find it, we will experience a new world that we have never known before.

Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:06 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Clinical psychologist George Simon said that Trump is “so classic that I’m archiving video clips of him to use in workshops because there’s no better example of his characteristics.” He conducts lectures and seminars on manipulative behavior exhibited by narcissists, psychopaths and sociopaths – all related Anti Social Personality Disorders. “Otherwise, I would have had to hire actors and write vignettes. He’s like a dream come true.” -- source

We're talking Trump being a classic sociopath here. And he is. But targeting Trump in this article without analyzing the other presidential candidates smacks of an attack that can easily be dismissed as "politically motivated". And many people do exactly that because of their normality bias.

And that is a huge mistake.

Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Does narcissism compel people to post selfies, or does the act of posting selfies make one more narcissistic?

New research from South America suggests the answer is: both. It reports posting selfies can launch people with narcissistic tendencies into a spiral of ever-more-inflated self-regard.

“Narcissist individuals take selfies more frequently over time,” writes a research team led by Daniel Halpern of the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile. “This increase in selfie production raises subsequent levels of narcissism.” -- source

We have a positive feedback loop going on here. The importance of this should not be underestimated.

I suggest the same kind of positive feedback loop happens with sociopaths (who are often narcissists too). For example, in politics, sociopaths have richer opportunities to exercise their sociopathic tendencies. Over the course of their political career, this results in a focusing or sharpening of their sociopathic skills and mindset. The result?

Professional sociopaths.

Sociopaths are already very dangerous and damaging. Imagine how dangerous and damaging professional sociopaths are.

Mon May 02, 2016 3:24 am
Site Admin

Here it is, in a nutshell:

Quote:
Throughout history, psychopaths, sociopaths, narcissists, and assorted antisocial-personality-disordered individuals have ruled societies.

Psychopaths and sociopaths often exhibit glibness and superficial charm, have a grandiose sense of self-worth, are pathological liars, display extreme narcissism, are deceitful, cunning and manipulative, exhibit a lack of remorse or guilt, show a callous disregard for the feelings of others, have no conscience, lack empathy, and fail to accept responsibility for their actions.

In a competitive world, the people who act immorally, who have no regard for truth, are going to have an advantage over those who play by the rules. The result is that those who achieve positions of power will be the most ruthless, the most sociopathic, the ones without conscience.

In societies run by psychopaths, ambitious individuals and sycophants, who are not clinically psychopathic, are induced to model themselves after powerful psychopaths in order to achieve power. The result: psychopaths breed more psychopaths.

When our ruling class - corporate leaders, bankers, academics, generals, media executives, Senators and Congressmen and even Presidents - are liars and deceivers, and are ruthless, callous manipulators who have no regard for truth or other people, the entire fabric of society is twisted in their image, and psychopathic behavior becomes the norm.

Our world is characterized by: permanent war, full-spectrum dominance, targeted assassinations, rendition, torture, water-boarding, mercenaries, Blackwater, paramilitaries, Contras, cruise missiles, drones, landmines, cluster bombs, napalm, Agent Orange, depleted uranium, biological and chemical weapons, enemy combatants, shock and awe, mujahideen, al-Qaeda, Taliban, Islamic State, state terrorism, false flags, 9/11, color revolutions, regime change, coup d'etats, sanctions, drug trafficking, money laundering, plausible deniability, impunity, fascism and neo-fascism, Auschwitz, Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, genocide, apartheid, dictatorship, plutocracy, oligarchy, kleptocracy, political sociopaths and narcissists, corruption, predatory capitalism, profiteering, tax havens, bank bail-outs and bail-ins, too-big-to-fail, monopoly capitalism, financialization, corporatism, corporate personhood, golden parachutes, fracking, mountain-top removal, tar sands, Fukushima, laboratory-created diseases, genetically-engineered food, glyphosate, three-strikes, maximum-security, corporate media, public relations, propaganda, surveillance, RFID chips, optical scans, facial recognition, globalization, austerity, structural adjustment, exploitation, poverty, the New World Order.

It is clear that this world has not been built by caring human beings, but has been constructed and is run by powerful shallow soulless individuals.

And, despite the violence, suffering and chaos they have caused, we allow them to remain at the top, and in control. -- source

It kind of reminds me of everything I've been saying about sociopaths.

Fri May 06, 2016 9:50 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Know that something is wrong and not caring is probably the single most important identifying trait of a psychopath.

This is a one line Youtube comment from "Truth Found" made three years ago here. The word "wrong" in this case means morally wrong and not "strange" or "off".

That is a pretty astute comment. It means a sociopath usually recognizes when something is morally wrong, but not from any innate understanding of good and bad. No, it comes from an understanding that was learned by observing others. That sociopaths don't care shows that they lack the internal means to judge good from evil. That's why they must observe others to get this understanding. And this lack of caring is due to a lack of empathy. Without empathy, judging good from evil is reduced to evaluating what is good for one's selfish self. It is the difference between service-to-self and service-to-others. Those who practice service-to-self (sociopaths) primarily consider the benefits that they reap. Those who practice service-to-others (non-sociopaths) primarily consider the benefits that others reap, knowing that there will be a benefit to them, since they are themselves a part of "others". In other words, what's good for humanity is good for every human, including "self".

Thu May 12, 2016 7:48 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
One of the endearing features of the ruling classes is their abiding faith in their own judgment. Despite inexhaustible evidence that they are bumbling incompetents, the power elite stick to their guns – literally – and to their cushy sinecures. -- source

Well naturally. Sociopaths think they are better than everyone else, and wiser, and with superior discernment. I well remember UncleZook constantly pointing out his superior discernment. But the claim never matched the reality. Zook was tripped up by his own incompetence over and over again. So the solution was to eliminate the irritant (me) by whatever means possible. And when that failed, Zook disappeared.

The same thing could happen to the ruling classes. They could be made to disappear. The problem there is the power differential. The ruling classes have great wealth, and therefore great power. They can easily purchase the elimination of any irritant. And they have done so repeatedly and successfully.

When we give away our power to sociopaths, they use it against us. We need to stop giving our power away, and start wielding it ourselves for the greater good. And the greater good does not mean making the ruling classes richer and more powerful, which is how the ruling classes see things currently. No, it means lowering the wealth and power of the rich and powerful, and raising the wealth and power of the poor and powerless. It means greater equality and a more level playing field. It means liberty and justice for all.

Tue May 31, 2016 6:21 am
Site Admin

Quote:
When George Bush was vacating the White House for Bill Clinton in 1993, the endangered country was Somalia. Reporter Gil Klein explained that military adventure in the Richmond Times-Dispatch (17 Jan 1993), under the header, “Crises Pushing Packing Into Background.” In that prescient article, reporter Klein outlined the last major address by the outgoing president (Bush) to the US Military Academy cadets where he warned them:

We would risk the emergence of a world characterized by violence, characterized by chaos, one in which dictators and tyrants threaten their neighbors, build arsenals brimming with weapons of mass destruction and ignore the welfare of their own men, women and children. -- Barbarians Inside the Gates, page 368

Do you recognize it? The hypocrisy? A sociopath accusing his opponents of his own malfeasance?

America had become exactly what George H. W. Bush was describing. Under the leadership of consecutive puppet presidents (sociopaths) controlled by hidden dictators and tyrants (more sociopaths), America has created a world characterized by violence and chaos, threatened its neighbors, built arsenals brimming with weapons of mass destruction, and ignored the welfare of its own men, women and children. And America did that during the entire 20th century, and still does it today!

"Thanks", sociopaths. You suck! May we dedicate our lives to removing you from power for all time!

Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1038 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 104  Next