Reply to topic  [ 1037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 104  Next
Sociopaths -- who knew? 

Post Re: Sociopaths -- who knew?
UncleZook wrote:
but I did watch it to the end

Well done, UncleZook! I appreciate your effort.

For someone who claims to investigate everything and dismiss nothing, you sure dismiss a lot of salient points that I had made.

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
Conclusion?

I think you may have set some kind of record here, UncleZook. You attacked every single messenger you could lay your hands on, and never addressed the message!

I am in awe.

How convenient to dismiss the salient points of my post (e.g. the soft science pop psychology tally of 9 qualities of an NPD; the references to Freud and Bernays made to assist us in our understanding of the scourge that is pop psychology; the fact that everyone of us is narcissistic to a degree; the sampling of the case studies in the video, which is limited to the psychological extremes whereas much of humanity is psychologically damaged in some degree and could qualify for NPD using the pop psychologists own criteria; etc.) ... dismiss the salient points and focus on the messenger attack content, e.g. as a way of avoiding real discussion.

I make no apologies for the messenger attack content in my excoriations of the proactive tampering perps.

And I make no retreats from the message content in my rebuttal.

Pax

ps: Perhaps your slogan should be reversed to "Investigate nothing, dismiss everything" ... you know, as a reality check on your purpose here, namely, gatekeeping 101, obfuscation 101, deconstruction into the subatomic state of arguments 401, etc.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:14 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
How convenient to dismiss the salient points of my post

Let's review those "salient points":

• "the video was designed for riff raff consumption"
  • it is "more of the same kind of pop psychological nonsense"
  • the creators of the video are "narcissizers"
  • the number 9 seems arbitrary
  • "the biggest narcissist here is Chico"
  • a long, imaginative (and derogatory) tale of Chico follows

And now you make no apologies for the messenger attack -- so what else is new... Sociopaths never take responsibility for their actions. And you make no retreats from the message content of your post. Sociopaths never retreat from their lies, they just tell another one to justify their prior lies.

UncleZook wrote:
... you know, as a reality check on your purpose here, namely, gatekeeping 101, obfuscation 101, deconstruction into the subatomic state of arguments 401, etc.

Another thing sociopaths do, I've noticed, is accuse others of being exactly what they themselves are. Have you noticed how Bush, Blair, Rumsfeld, Brzezinski, and others were so fired up to "get the terrorists"?

Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:03 pm

UncleZook wrote:
How convenient to dismiss the salient points of my post

Let's review those "salient points":

• "the video was designed for riff raff consumption"
  • it is "more of the same kind of pop psychological nonsense"
  • the creators of the video are "narcissizers"
  • the number 9 seems arbitrary
  • "the biggest narcissist here is Chico"
  • a long, imaginative (and derogatory) tale of Chico follows

You can't even quote the salient points accurately without changing things ... such is the plight of the congenital context distorter and professional prevaricator.

Of the six in the bullet list above, I didn't include riff raff consumption; or creators of the video are narcissizers; or biggest narcissist here is Chico; or a long derogatory tale of Chico ... as part of the salience. Those are admittedly a derogation of the social engineering video apes and one of their socially-engineered mascot monkeys, who doubles as the founder of United, but I didn't claim otherwise. The remaining two bullet listings are indeed salient points and have been left unaddressed by the mascot.

But he can't address them. One requires intellectual wherewithal to debate ideas honestly and most gatekeepers are deficient in that area. It defeats the creed of the prevaricator to have an honest debate on anything. So be it.

Quote:
And now you make no apologies for the messenger attack -- so what else is new... Sociopaths never take responsibility for their actions. And you make no retreats from the message content of your post. Sociopaths never retreat from their lies, they just tell another one to justify their prior lies.

Why should I apologize for calling a diamond a diamond, a club a club, a heart a heart ... ?

As for retreating from the message content, that's quite bizarre. I merely posited a stinging opinion on the soft science nature of pop psychologists and social engineers ... an opinion that has much merit.

So, Mascot Chico, are all stinging opinions that hold merit, lies? If so, might I suggest to you that you sound very much like a little boy whose radius of knowledge had just been increased to include unflattering things about the hero on his bedroom wall ... who then responds - not unexpectedly - by shouting "They're lies, I tell you! All lies!" ... before running out of the house and into the woods to hide and sulk in the makeshift fort he had built earlier that Spring with his make-believe friends, Timber Tommy, Paul Bunyan, and Babe, a blue ox?

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
... you know, as a reality check on your purpose here, namely, gatekeeping 101, obfuscation 101, deconstruction into the subatomic state of arguments 401, etc.

Another thing sociopaths do, I've noticed, is accuse others of being exactly what they themselves are. Have you noticed how Bush, Blair, Rumsfeld, Brzezinski, and others were so fired up to "get the terrorists"?

Yes, keep making ridiculous comparisons between the powerhungry wolves mentioned above, and a modest porky pine like myself with immodest quills - which would give any wolf indigestion - and continue making a mockery of yourself.

:jest:

Pax

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:36 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
You can't even quote the salient points accurately without changing things ... such is the plight of the congenital context distorter and professional prevaricator.

If I respond to this flatulent post from UncleZook, I'm afraid I would be guilty of "feeding the troll" to excess. Sometimes, when dealing with sociopaths, one is obliged to disengage.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:19 pm

UncleZook wrote:
It defeats the creed of the prevaricator to have an honest debate on anything.

:lol: Well that explains why you're too Chickenshit to debate me! :lol:

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:37 am
Site Admin

Sometimes, when dealing with sociopaths, one is obliged to disengage.

Synchronicity strikes again. I think I've fallen too much for Akhenaten's mantra on dealing with sociopaths. I ran across this post I made at Avalon a couple of years back, evidently when I was first exposed to Akhenaten's solution to "disengage" from sociopaths. I argued that disengaging is not the solution. I like my argument, seeing it again with fresh eyes and no memory of it. I'd like to find the other post I mentioned there to see what I think of it now.

It's kind of a nice check when you can receive your own arguments as if you are hearing them for the first time from someone else, and you agree with them. Perhaps that's a hidden benefit of the ravages of time.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:42 am

Loving ignorant sociopaths? If you are not aware of our species being exterminated where should your position lie?

Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:04 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
If you are not aware of our species being exterminated where should your position lie?

I would argue that we had best be aware that our species is being exterminated (whether from within or externally) and then determine what our position should be. Resistance would be the proper response, I would think. In other words, we should be fighting for our lives.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Quote:
and then determine what our position should be.

This is clarity in thinking. I am no genius, I am just anybody, which makes the inability for our species to not comprehend the concepts happening here, the more Defeating. The more absurd! These are very simple concepts! These are the basic building blocks of existence! What does this or that have to do with this or that and if its like this its that and if its this its that. WTF has happened to us? Normalcy has become insanity. Deviancy! Hypocrisy!

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:47 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Normalcy has become insanity. Deviancy! Hypocrisy!

That's it in a nutshell. Seeing the insanity, the deviancy, and the hypocrisy is what drives me to research it, write about it, and search for ways to correct it.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 1037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 104  Next