Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Learned helplessness 
Site Admin

Post Learned helplessness
How many times have you heard it?

“We can't do anything about it.”

“There's nothing I can do.”

When we go to the movies, we cheer on the hero that can do something about it. We love that part. But then we leave the theater knowing that it was all just make-believe.

Welcome to learned helplessness.

Criminals know that if you feel helpless, you act helpless. And helpless victims are their cup of tea. The ruling sociopaths, who are indeed criminals, do everything in their power to make sure we feel helpless. That way, they own us. Whether it's with big armies, big government, or big money, they make sure we feel small, insignificant, alone, and helpless.

In our learned helplessness, we have little psychological choice but to look for outside intervention to save us. “Our leaders will take care of us.” “It's all part of God's plan, and God loves us.” “The benevolent extraterrestrials will save us.” “Ascension to higher spiritual realms is coming soon.”

All of that is BS fantasy. We're either going to do it ourselves, or we're going to die not trying.

We are not alone. We are not insignificant. We are not helpless.

I'm a human being, goddammit! My life has value!” – Howard Beale in Network

And your life has purpose, too. And that purpose is not compatible with helplessness.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:32 am

Post Re: Learned helplessness
Interesting video but, it just reminds me of how screwed we are in America.

Me, I feel fine and free, creative and powerful but shit! -there is one small problem, I still wake up on earth everyday.

There is a density and heaviness to the society/civilization we live in here in America. 90+% of the people around me are literally "fucked in the head" aka programmed sheeple, or as Eckhart Tolle puts it "collective mental illness". Cognitive dissonance is great description too. Sure there are a lot of nice, decent people in that 90% but, when push comes to shove they are zombies and look to the TV, govt, whatever for answers.

Whenever I start to think along these lines of the problem and how to fix it, I always end up at some life altering "precipitating event" that will shock the majority to life- to awaken.

The bottom line is we are in an emergency here on earth and we do not have generations to have a consciousness awakening. We may not even have 5 or 10 years or even a year or two.

It seems to me that something has got to give way.....and soon!

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:53 pm
Site Admin

Interesting video but, it just reminds me of how screwed we are in America.

Yeah, I don't know what some of that video was about. I was mainly noticing the learned helplessness lesson in the classroom. I figure if a school teacher figured this out somehow, the controlling sociopaths must be light-years ahead with this psychology, so we should all be feeling pretty helpless. And when I look around, that's exactly what I see!

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:04 am
Site Admin

The vast majority of people are stupid sheep. They are good for nothing but herding, shearing, and consuming. It's up to us, the ruling sociopaths, to be the good shepherds running this show.

Bull!

Quote:
What happens if you give a thousand Motorola Zoom tablet PCs to Ethiopian kids who have never even seen a printed word?

"We left the boxes in the village. Closed. Taped shut. No instruction, no human being. I thought, the kids will play with the boxes! Within four minutes, one kid not only opened the box, but found the on/off switch. He'd never seen an on/off switch. He powered it up. Within five days, they were using 47 apps per child per day. Within two weeks, they were singing ABC songs [in English] in the village. And within five months, they had hacked Android. Some idiot in our organization or in the Media Lab had disabled the camera! And they figured out it had a camera, and they hacked Android."

Whoa.

source

It turns out people are smart. We have to be deceived and manipulated into believing that we need help, that we need to be led, that we need THEM.

We need THEM like we need a hole in the head.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]