Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
TRACKING THE “DUTY TO WARN” MOVEMENT ON SOCIOPATHIC LEADERS 

Post TRACKING THE “DUTY TO WARN” MOVEMENT ON SOCIOPATHIC LEADERS
Following up on this post...

4) We have signed a contract with an agent to sell an edited book, entitled Duty to Warn, edited by Bandy Lee, Lance Dodes and myself that puts in one volume 25 senior academic psychiatrists and psychologists, and journalists, including two of today’s featured speakers Judith Herman and Robert J. Lifton. They collectively make the case for warning the public about Trump’s illness, explore what that illness might be, discuss how he has damaged the mental health of the large parts of the general public and specific vulnerable populations, and what the dire consequences of his presidency might entail.
Going forward our goals are to continue:
1) To Keep building the organization. Today is a step in that direction.
2) To keep garnering signatures for our petition and ultimately deliver it to Vice President Pence and the Cabinet who have the authority to remove Trump under the 25th amendment.
3) To keep the story alive in the press. Most stories don’t have legs. They are one-offs. But Trump continues to be mentally ill, continues to be president, and will continue to manifest his mental illness in his behavior. Every time he does, we need to point it out, to prevent the abnormal from being normalized. We need to look for news hooks and pounce.

I am excited about this prospect. Thinking long-term, if this group are successful, (and I don’t just mean in their goal of removing Trump, although that would be a watershed event for enforcing psych evaluations on leaders), and not shut down legally with the “Goldwater Rule” I think it could be a huge first step in bringing a torch of light, rather than a candle, to the much needed conversations in mainstream re sociopathic leadership.

Although this will most likely get very “messy” with sociopaths rallying to protect their “domains of power” it has enormous potential to bring accountability for one’s leadership behaviours to the fore.
And even if there are “hidden agenda’s" for doing this, it’s a cat that once out of the bag will be very hard to put back in considering the sheer number of contributors/supporters; including some big players in the field of psychiatry by the names listed above, but I haven’t looked into them that much so that’s really just an assumption.

Who knows, in hindsight we may look back upon Trump as a “gift” because he wears his sociopathic badge so arrogantly and loudly, unlike his predecessors who camouflage theirs with fake smiles, hugs, and promises.

I always wondered why the professionals were “so quiet” – so thanks for this educational piece. (Chico would you please correct the link on your post above for me so that it shows as text.)

"Every time he does, we need to point it out, to prevent the abnormal from being normalized."

Finally, a macro of your micro :thumbup: Not to mention a public platform to provide "non-professional" campaigners, (hopefully we will see an army emerge), to kick-start with for "that credibility" that is nearly always demanded by public opinion.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:54 am
Site Admin

Post Re: TRACKING THE “DUTY TO WARN” MOVEMENT ON SOCIOPATHIC LEAD
Great post, Gemma. Thank you.

2) To keep garnering signatures for our petition and ultimately deliver it to Vice President Pence and the Cabinet who have the authority to remove Trump under the 25th amendment.

Getting a gang of sociopaths to police themselves is almost impossible. This too may also be a blessing in disguise by making the public realize how infected our government is. If Trump is a sociopath, one allowed into the presidency by the "Deep State" which is also a gang of sociopaths, then the vice-president and cabinet are also going to be sociopaths.
Every time he does, we need to point it out, to prevent the abnormal from being normalized.

This we have failed to do, but that must change. We have been encouraged to disengage when dealing with sociopaths. Big mistake! We must do the opposite, we must engage. Normalizing the abnormal is the sociopaths' agenda to mold us in their image, to make us behave like them, thus transforming their deviant behaviors into "normal" and making them acceptable. We must stop cooperating with this agenda! We must begin highlighting "abnormal" every chance we get and start holding the sociopaths responsible for their short-comings!

Gemma wrote:
I am excited about this prospect.

Rightfully so! It is long overdue.

Gemma wrote:
I always wondered why the professionals were “so quiet” – so thanks for this educational piece.

The "quiet" is due to the psychiatric profession being top-heavy with sociopaths! Non-sociopathic psychiatrists were deliberately muzzled by the "Goldwater Rule". This was done by the sociopathic psychiatrists, who understood that this policy would protect them, the sociopaths at the top, from scrutiny!

Gemma wrote:
Finally, a macro of your micro :thumbup:

Morpheus: "Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony."

And this is ironic in so many ways. I didn't believe psychiatrists had any legitimacy left. I would have expected psychologists to be leading this movement. But they tend to kowtow to their more prestigious analogues, much like the public does to the politicians.

The "Duty to warn" is a direct consequence of the Physician's Creed to "Do no harm". That in turn is a direct consequence of the Golden Rule, "Do not do to others what you would not want done to you." And that is a direct consequence of having empathy. Sociopaths consider empathy a pathetic weakness, but they are oversimplifying and twisting the truth (as always). Empathy is the defining characteristic of humanity's most noble nature. Yes, it can be our most vulnerable weakness, as sociopaths regularly prove. Yet it is also our greatest strength and the very definition of what it means to be human. Sociopaths seek to destroy that definition of humanity and replace it with a new one founded in selfishness, greed, egomania, irresponsibility, and dishonesty. This is abnormal, undesirable, and fundamentally "bad". It has to be stopped, and we need to get moving.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:47 pm
Site Admin

Kristina40 wrote:
For the first time in my 50 years on this planet I actually fear a nuclear war happening. I still can’t wrap my mind around him (Trump) being elected when he was clearly showing EVERY goddamned sign that he was ASPD/NPD. The gaslighting of America, one tweet at a time. Sheer insanity.

Many mornings, since Trump was elected, I wake up, open the curtains, and marvel at the beauty of the world that has not been incinerated by a nuclear war. Right out my bedroom window is Cheyenne Mountain, in whose bowels NORAD is allegedly operating, the command center of our nuclear deterrent defenses. It will be the first target to be hit in a nuclear exchange. I will not survive that scenario, nor will half a million other souls that live in the area. It makes my eyes tear up with sadness to contemplate this reality. It reminds me of Dresden, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and all the other crimes against humanity the ruling sociopaths have subjected us to, and all the victims of those crimes who were no different than me. Trump is just the latest puppet controlled by these ruling sociopaths, much like Wilson, Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Johnson, Ford, Nixon, Clinton, Bush, and Obama. Sociopaths are running this show, and it is simply wrong.

I can easily wrap my mind around why Trump was elected "when he was clearly showing EVERY goddamned sign that he was ASPD/NPD" (i.e. a sociopath). For one, most people are not educated enough to recognize a sociopath by his behaviors. I have been working hard to change that, but I am only one solitary voice (though one that stubbornly refuses to be silenced). Secondly, it's always the same story in the U.S. elections -- we are forced to choose between two evils. The other choice was Hillary Clinton, an even more dangerous sociopath than Donald Trump. The ruling sociopaths decide who our two candidates will be, and they care not which one we choose, because they can control either one. As George Carlin so astutely pointed out, our democratic ideals are completely undermined by this deliberately orchestrated "illusion of choice".

Note that I did not vote for either Trump or Hillary. And most Americans think my choice is just plain idiotic! That's how brainwashed Americans are.

"The gaslighting of America, one tweet at a time" is indeed what is happening here now. The "tweeting" is new, the gaslighting is not. And it is sheer insanity. We are led by the morally insane, the sociopaths, so it cannot be otherwise as long as sociopaths lead us. So guess what needs to change? Yep -- sociopaths cannot be allowed to lead us.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:50 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
James Gilligan, a psychiatrist and professor at New York University, told the conference he had worked some of the “most dangerous people in society”, including murderers and rapists — but that he was convinced by the “dangerousness” of Mr Trump.

“I’ve worked with some of the most dangerous people our society produces, directing mental health programmes in prisons,” he said.

“I’ve worked with murderers and rapists. I can recognise dangerousness from a mile away. You don’t have to be an expert on dangerousness or spend fifty years studying it like I have in order to know how dangerous this man is.” -- source

And yet a vast percentage of Americans voted for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton in the last presidential election, and they obviously had no clue how dangerous both were.

But I knew it, and there was absolutely no way I could vote for either one. And I will bet money that people who understood how dangerous both candidates were and refused to vote for either one would only represent a very small percentage of the American population, maybe less than 5%. So Dr. James Gilligan overestimates how easy it is to recognize "dangerousness".

We can't rely on people recognizing sociopathy. We need mandatory and accurate tests that will remove the difficulty of identifying sociopaths, and we need it ASAP!

Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]